Neon genesis Evangelion PLATINUM collection $32 shipped Buy.com

doh, it's "on order- ships in 1 to 2 weeks" and I guess those don't work with the deal. Hopefully it'll come back before the $20 off deal is over.

Are you talking about this...

40166519.jpg

Or this?

imgaspimgdvdsdngebx2vc1.jpg

[quote name='eau']Are you talking about this...

*pics*
[/QUOTE]

oh whoops, yeah, the platinum collection, of course.

I was just gonna post this. Bought it at Buy.com for $31 after google checkout.

It is ON ORDER, not Pre-order, so the GCO will work.

NeonPlatinumComplete

It's not working for me. The "google check out" option is greyed out and says "one or more of the items in your cart do not allow the use of google checkout"

If you looking for Brand New & Seal 8 Disc set. I'll sell it to you for $52.50shipped.

nothx

[quote name='Apossum']

It's not working for me. The "google check out" option is greyed out and says "one or more of the items in your cart do not allow the use of google checkout"
[/quote]

Google checkout doesn't work on items that are On Order.

[quote name='deathscythehe']Google checkout doesn't work on items that are On Order.[/QUOTE]

My bad, mine has shipped so it must have not been on order when I got mine. sorry to get your hopes up.

Still at rightstuff $53 is a good deal on this remastered set.

Talking about various Evangelion boxsets, the only place I can find the 10th Anniversary edition is at Buy.com, and it's more expensive than it originally was at amazon.com, even with Google Checkout. Does anyone know what happened to it? Has it been discontinued, or what?

The Perfect Collection is all the old DVDs in one box, and the Platinum Collection is all the remastered DVDs along with the director's cuts in a slimpack.

I understand that. I'm talking about quality/extras. Is there enough difference/improvements that it warrants a second purchase?

The Right Stuf tends to have it on their weekly sale for about $48.99, I wouldn't be surprised if it will be put up again in near future.

[quote name='Jiao']The reguler Evangelion Platinum edition dvd's are also dirt cheap right now on rightstuf. You can get the first volume + the art box and the rest of the volumes for 50 bucks shipped. I don't like thinpacks. It's all about the girth.

http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/ca...a/browse/search/5/4/0/0/results/desc/asc/50/1[/QUOTE]

I prefer the extra shelf space, personally. That's why I'm ditching my old Flying Circus set and picking up the thinpack one.

[quote name='zewone']I understand that. I'm talking about quality/extras. Is there enough difference/improvements that it warrants a second purchase?[/quote]

Heck yes! Once you've seen the platinum version, you won't go back to the old release. Btw, the platinum version is the remastered one from the Japanese Renewal set.

[quote name='defiance_17']I prefer the extra shelf space, personally. That's why I'm ditching my old Flying Circus set and picking up the thinpack one.[/quote]

IIRC, the thinpak platinum version is deprived of the extras available in the singles version. If you can afford the shelf space, get the singles and the artbook.

[quote name='eau']IIRC, the thinpak platinum version is deprived of the extras available in the singles version. If you can afford the shelf space, get the singles and the artbook.[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about this myself but since the thinpack it has one disk less than the original 'full sized' box set that came with 7 disks. But that said, its not like all 7 of those disks were packed with umpteen hours of content and I suspect 7 disk size was based on marketing issues and not DVD disk space limits.

But does anyone know if what's missing from the thinpack version vs. the orginal 'full size' platinum releases beyond the small booklet that came with single disks.

According to the extras listed on AnimeonDVD.com the following things are NOT on the EVA Platinum Thinpack Collections, but are on the following Platinum (noncollection) discs
DVD 1
Clean opening and closing animation
Episode: 01 commentary by director Matt Greenfield
Episode: 02 commentary by Matt Greenfield and Spike Spencer ("Shinji")
Profile booklet filled with screen shots; Japanese commentaries and character profiles

DVD 2
Commentary with Tiffany Grant and Allison Shipp
Full length animatics for episode 9

DVD 3
Audio Commentary with Matt Greenfield and Tiffany Grant
Audio Commentary by Matt Greenfield and Wade Shemwell

DVD 4
Commentary with Tiffany Grant and Matt Greenfield
Full length animatics for episode 15
12-page profile booklet filled with screen shots
That Little Red-head Girl

DVD 5
Commentary with Matt Greenfield and Sean McCoy
Frrrrrrrrr full length animatics for episode 18 - 20
The Mythology of Evangelion

DVD 6
Commentary with Matt Greenfield and Sean McCoy

DVD 7
The Mythology of Evangelion Part II
Animatics for Episode 24 and 25
Commentary with Matt Greenfield (ADR Director) & Sean McCoy

So there you have it, if you want booklets and commentaries by the english crew the singles are the way to go.

[quote name='Quigoni']I just posted that a few posts before yours... :/[/quote]

My bad. Guess that's what I get for skimming.

[quote name='Jiao']My bad. Guess that's what I get for skimming.[/quote]

It's ok, I just figured people be ignorin me as always. ;)

The Eva 10th anniversary was delayed indefinately, maybe we'll see it around the 20th anniversary if were lucky.

Got my Eva Platinum Thinpak in the mail today ,woot!

I have the originals. I want to get the platinum editions, but I'd rather have the 10th anniversary set. So I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. Anyone else reading Angelic Days?

[quote name='Bezerker']The Eva 10th anniversary was delayed indefinately, maybe we'll see it around the 20th anniversary if were lucky.

Got my Eva Platinum Thinpak in the mail today ,woot![/quote]

Seriously? I thought I had missed it. Buy.com seems to have it though, and it doesn't look like a pre-order, although it does say it ships in 1-2 weeks.

[quote name='XKennethStevensX']Why is Platinum Collection 5 so hard to find at decent price. Its sold out on the ADV site, 29.99 on the right stuf.[/quote]
Use the coupon getyourfill to get 40% off the retail price. Good until 12/3.

[quote name='prmononoke']Seriously? I thought I had missed it. Buy.com seems to have it though, and it doesn't look like a pre-order, although it does say it ships in 1-2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

it's that purgatory between in stock and out, it's "on order"

so the google code doesn't work.

oh well, I still have Azumanga and Mushishi to watch. Hopefully someone will be smart enough to get me this for Xmas.

[quote name='Apossum']it's that purgatory between in stock and out, it's "on order"

so the google code doesn't work.

oh well, I still have Azumanga and Mushishi to watch. Hopefully someone will be smart enough to get me this for Xmas.[/quote]

The thinpack platinum collection is back in stock at buy.com! You can grab it for $31.XX!

Man...I totally missed that bit about the thinpack missing stuff. I'm not on AOD as much as I used to be. (Costs me too much $$) I was almost going to get it. I'll probably end up getting the singles so I can sell my original box set.

[quote name='chewster777']The thinpack platinum collection is back in stock at buy.com! You can grab it for $31.XX![/QUOTE]
Thank you sir! Got in on this one.

In case you are after the singles, IIRC, the volume 1 DVD is fucked up. It's missing some dialogs in the English track. There is/was a shealth exchange program but expect it to be really slow.

Glitch details

Not sure if it's been fixed in the thinpak version though.

I was going to order this before but GCO wasn't working for me on buy.com (weird). I got fed up and refreshed the page like a million times until it finally went through. Made the order. YAY!

ill pass, The perfect collection comes in spanish dialog. I cant express how much spanish dubbing increases the appeal of the show to me...
that is why I love Kare Kano, EVA, Dragon Ball, and Ranma, and Saint Seiya. 100% spanish, 100% love

Thanks for the link OP, great deal.

The Chrono Crusade complete series is also $31.99 w/ google checkout. Any opinions in regards to whether or not it's worth buying @ that price?

bread's done
Back