NES Controllers

drfunk85

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
All my old NES controllers are in pretty bad shape. They aren't super responsive, and it gets really annoying when playing games.

Anyway, I've been looking into Ebay for buying replacements. I've noticed a lot of third party controllers listed as brand new. Does anyone have any experience with these? Are they quality? Some of them look like the real thing (or at least the pictures do. I'm not sure if they just put up a NES controller pic or what they are selling).

They are a bit more expensive, but if I'm guaranteed a decent product that is new, I would prefer it over gambling on a random used NES controller.

The knock off ones I have bought are really crap. I was going to make a few into arcade stick adapters but that is all they really are good for.
I have been buying old NES controllers for awile now and stripping them and cleaning them for parts. I have put back together a few that have good button rubber and parts to reuse. Most are pretty bad off or damaged to work at all.
A friend of mine has been buying knock off PSX controllers and taking out the rubber button stuff and reusing it in older controllers with some luck. It just has to match up with the old contacts.
I'd give that a shot or if you want let me know if you would want some re-ferbed ones i do. Later.

bread's done
Back