NES Pokemon Yellow Giveaway

Zebular, is this cart legal for the NES?  Who ported it exactly?  China has far different IP laws than most of the world.  

This contest was reported and I need to know if Game Freak and/or Nintendo could have a legal issue with CAG allowing this cart as a free giveaway on our site.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zebular, is this cart legal for the NES? Who ported it exactly? China has far different IP laws than most of the world.

This contest was reported and I need to know if Game Freak and/or Nintendo could have a legal issue with CAG allowing this cart as a free giveaway on our site.
You bring up good points, as it uses it's own assets and code it's not technically a pirated game in that respect. However it is using IPs that I'm sure they didn't get permission to use. If it's not allowed on CAG there's no hard feelings if they want to take it down.

Zebular, is this cart legal for the NES? Who ported it exactly? China has far different IP laws than most of the world.

You sound fun!

haHA!  Hiya Sp00ge.  I'm blocked at work from CAG and my email, so by the time I read reports, just about everything is already dealt with. 

Thanks for the information, Zebular.  We'll keep an eye on it and make sure everything is okay.  In the meantime, it seems like you can keep running your giveaway.

haHA! Hiya Sp00ge. I'm blocked at work from CAG and my email, so by the time I read reports, just about everything is already dealt with.

Thanks for the information, Zebular. We'll keep an eye on it and make sure everything is okay. In the meantime, it seems like you can keep running your giveaway.
Thanks! If I somehow manage to hit 10k subs I think I'll giveaway the copy of The Legend of Link I made. Again, if it's not allowed I won't post it on here.
https://youtu.be/puBPZO01jAY

bread's done
Back