NES R.O.B. value?

JDN169

CAGiversary!
I'm curious as to what a R.O.B. robot for the NES is worth.

The store i work at has one in, it seems to have all its pieces and looks to be in decent shape. It has not been tested.

I've seen them on Amazon for $200ish but that seems pretty ridiculous (and unfortunately it's what the owner quoted when i started making offers on it).

Anyone have an idea as to a real world value for the thing?

thanks!

Jacques

I did try ebay first, boss isn't too keen on ebay pricing though.

I've got a minty copy of Valkyrie Profile i've been thinking of getting rid of and i bet he'd go for that but still....

thanks!

[quote name='JDN169']I did try ebay first, boss isn't too keen on ebay pricing though.

I've got a minty copy of Valkyrie Profile i've been thinking of getting rid of and i bet he'd go for that but still....

thanks![/quote]

Woah woah woah, WHAT? You're thinking of trading your VP for the ROB? Please tell me that I've misunderstood you and that is NOT the case.

Honestly I can't understand the value in that piece of SHIT robot, and it was absolutely mass produced. Anyone that would pay more than $20 for that useless thing (and that's pushing it a LOT in my book) is crazy in my honest opinion.

I guess it's the nostalgia, but damn there are so many better things from the 80's than that piece of crap that NEVER worked right and could only be used with a couple of awful awful games.

But to each his own. I say show the boss the completed transactions and show him as many as you can on the low end of the spectrum. Also check craigslist if you really want one that bad. WTF though, you got a jonesing to play some Gyromite or something, LOL???

I've been on a retro kick for some reason lately what can i say. I may just cruise craigslist, that way when i do find a cheapo one i can rub it in. :)

I have one, ROB only with battery cover and claws, that won't sell on CL for $25 even when bundled with a zapper and an arcade stick.

It depends on what it comes with. Just ROB alone without all the Gyro pieces or an incomplete amount of them isn't worth more than $30. If you have all the Gyro pieces, it's worth about $50. If you have ROB with the Stack Up Pieces, it's worth around $120 to $150. Really the ROB itself has little value, but the Stack Up pieces are incredibly hard to find, so if you have those, and even the Stack Up game w/ Box and / or Manual you've pretty much got a mint. I'd say a complete package of ROB with both games and all pieces would be worth around $200 to $250.

I bought mine (R.O.B. only, no parts) for a few bucks at a thrift store a while back. Seriously, there's no reason to pay any real money for a complete or partial set if you only want it for nostalgia purposes.

I don't ever plan on actually using mine, but it certainly holds up an OG Gameboy rather well. I wouldn't have paid more than $5 for it, and no one else should either.

Would love to have one to put on my desk near my computer

They seem hard to find online (besides amazon and ebay)

I wouldnt mind paying 20 bucks for the ROB by itself I won't ever use it :p

Just think about how much I hate when my brother picks him in Brawl but heh chain grab 3D ftw

bread's done
Back