Netflix, Blockbuster, Walmart.. who's better for online DVD rental?

Eric467

CAGiversary!
I ask this because I've been a member of Netflix for a year now, and have up until last month been very satisfied. I changed to their "5 out" plan a few months ago, and recieved movies quickly. Then about a month ago they started slowing down horribly. I'm considering changing to Blockbuster or Walmart at the end of this month, and just want your opinions on what's the best.

Thanks.

I've had poor service with Netflix on two occasions. Write them an email expressing your concerns and you should see an improvment.

I've been having great service from them for the last few months - almost everything I want is available (no long waits) and I get movies shipped in 1 day (I live in the same city as their local distribution center).

If you are close to a distribution center, I'd stick with Netflix. Blockbuster and Walmart take longer to ship since they ship from fewer areas. They just arn't big enough to compete yet.

[quote name='davidmt']I've had poor service with Netflix on two occasions. Write them an email expressing your concerns and you should see an improvment.

I've been having great service from them for the last few months - almost everything I want is available (no long waits) and I get movies shipped in 1 day (I live in the same city as their local distribution center).

If you are close to a distribution center, I'd stick with Netflix. Blockbuster and Walmart take longer to ship. They just arn't big enough to compete yet.[/quote]

Yeah I used to get one day service to, but not anymore. Nothing I have is on long waits, but in my queue when it says "we expect to ship this by monday"... I'll look the next day and they change it to "..ship by tuesday".

And the thing is, there's no email adress to email them at! If you have one I'd really appreciate it.

With Blockbuster you get 2 free rentals (games or movies) per month along with specials that aren't that hot (Nov.'s was save $2 off of 2 pints of Ben and Jerry's at Blockbuster). I live in Santa Cruz and they ship out of Sacramento so it's quick for me but I've heard others complain it's slow compared to Netflix.

The only one I have tried was wallmart and I was less then thrilled with it. I had a 10-15 day turnaround with them. so I could get 4-6 DVD a month.

Try this link to email Netflix:

Netflix Email

Just explain you have been seeing a slowness in your shipments, and you have been dissatisfied with the longer waits. You will get a canned response back, but in less than a week you should see something change. Netflix would never admit to slowing down your shipments, but they do it.

I've had to do this 2 times in about a year of using them. Both times have worked for me.

[quote name='davidmt']Try this link to email Netflix:

Netflix Email

Just explain you have been seeing a slowness in your shipments, and you have been dissatisfied with the longer waits. You will get a canned response back, but in less than a week you should see something change. Netflix would never admit to slowing down your shipments, but they do it.

I've had to do this 2 times in about a year of using them. Both times have worked for me.[/quote]

Thanks! :D I'll do that and hopefully they'll speed it up.

Walmart's service was substandard and when I tried Blockbuster's it was horrible (the wait times were atrocious). I used to have some probs with Netflix but am now VERY happy with them and the service, especially now that they've lowered the price.

I have to say that I am happy with Netflix. They just put a distribution center in my state (VT) so I can usually return a movie and another one is sent out within two days during the week.

[quote name='evilpenguin9000']I've been using Netflix for over a year now and I have no complaint. I think the service is exceptional.[/quote]

I agree, I get movies the day after they ship them, and haven't even had trouble getting new releases. I got Van Helsing the same day it hit stores, in fact.

I had no problems with Netflix, or Wal-Mart but I was near a distribution center for both so my turn around time was great.

If you are near a distribution center for Netflix, just complain and let them know. While you are using Wal-Mart's free trial, this way you see what their service is like and if Netflix is getting there act together.

bread's done
Back