Netflix Bluray Rentals Fees Increase $1 Per Month

blackhole82

CAGiversary!
I know this isn't a deal but didn't know where else to put it. I just got an email from netflix saying they are going to start charging $1 a month extra for unlimited access to bluray rentals. Why is it now that they decide to start charging more for something that was one of the main reasons to even be one of their customers in the first place? Anyone else have an opinion about the price increase?

[quote name='wildnuts02']an $18 lawsuit? just dispute the charge with the CC dude.[/QUOTE]

no the lawsuit will be not allowing the account to open. They even said Every single movie i Ever rented them has been return. Every bill that i got to MY credit card has been paid

There is no reason not to allow the account to open, if they dont allow the account to open that is what the lawsuit will be based on.

now if movies were missing or charges not paid then they would have a leg to stand on but right now they have nothing to stand on

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Slidecage still getting worked everywhere he goes.

The world still turns, I see.
__________________===============================================================

i would of let it go until they tried to pull the credit card fraud BS. I worked with this company for days give them info about the person i got the code off of. Even calling up netflix and talking to the manager and the lost pro... team to try to block this person from buying more gift code. and this is the thanks i get.....

The reason it is incredibly stupid for anyone to go along with this is that eventually the cost Blu-Rays will come down.

Do you think NF will reduce rates?

The rate increase is bullshit and all those that go along with it are the primary reason prices go up arbitrarily for anything.

I will definitely not participate, even for a dollar, and just upconvert my DVDs. I'll continue to buy Blu-Rays that are cheap.

Kind of sucks for those who do Blu Ray (players and discs are still too price for me to care), but I guess it makes since giving how much more Blu Ray discs cost them to purchase vs. DVD. Just odd that they didn't tack on a buck right from the start.

I'm still baffled that costs are so high. By the second year of DVD there were tons of crazy deals on movies, especially online. 800.com 3 for $1 sale, reel.com sales, and hell just in stores they were in the $20 range 2, 2.5 years in.

But I'm no videophile, so no skin off my nose. Upconverted DVDs look more than good enough to my eyes. Blu Ray definitely looks better, but not enough for me to pay the premium since I don't care that much.

The extra $12 a year isn't an issue in my opinion, but some of you are saying the wait times for Blu-rays is bad. I just signed up for a trial, and if this is true, I'll probably dump the service.

I am still upset about the prices for plans higher than 3 movies.
3 movies cost 16.99
SO
6 movies should cost 33.98 or less right?
However, Netflix manages to get away with charging 35.99, 2 dollars more, a month.We have a large family who need more than the 3 movies, so we have to set up 2 accounts (each with the 3 at a time plan) because it ends up being cheaper in the long run. You would think Netflix would have noticed this and changed it for better business with consumers.

[quote name='blackhole82']But what is to stop them from increasing the price even more in the future? [/quote]

Umm.... nothing... this is how capitalism works...

:roll:

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']...some of you are saying the wait times for Blu-rays is bad. I just signed up for a trial, and if this is true, I'll probably dump the service.[/quote]

Just an FYI, it has been documented that their service (turnaround times, movie availability, etc.) is very different for trial members. After the trial is over, you will most likely have to wait longer for new releases, etc. That being said, I have been a member for years and I feel Netflix is one of the best bargains out there (even w/$1 increase).

Also didn't they decrease the prices of all the plans by $1 last year? So now it just goes back up if you are using a more expensive to buy disc?

[quote name='agilesoldier']I am still upset about the prices for plans higher than 3 movies.
3 movies cost 16.99
SO
6 movies should cost 33.98 or less right?
However, Netflix manages to get away with charging 35.99, 2 dollars more, a month.We have a large family who need more than the 3 movies, so we have to set up 2 accounts (each with the 3 at a time plan) because it ends up being cheaper in the long run. You would think Netflix would have noticed this and changed it for better business with consumers.[/quote]

Wow, that's interesting, i didn't even notice, lol... It is strange. it's like buying a combo meal and the price is more than individual items purchased separately, weird indeed... Can anyone think of a reason why NF did this?

[quote name='dmaul1114']Kind of sucks for those who do Blu Ray (players and discs are still too price for me to care), but I guess it makes since giving how much more Blu Ray discs cost them to purchase vs. DVD. Just odd that they didn't tack on a buck right from the start.

I'm still baffled that costs are so high. By the second year of DVD there were tons of crazy deals on movies, especially online. 800.com 3 for $1 sale, reel.com sales, and hell just in stores they were in the $20 range 2, 2.5 years in.

But I'm no videophile, so no skin off my nose. Upconverted DVDs look more than good enough to my eyes. Blu Ray definitely looks better, but not enough for me to pay the premium since I don't care that much.[/quote]

Actually, because of such perception, dvd prices are not going down at all! I mean think about it, Iron Man 2 disc set, dvd format is about $22, while the BD format is $27 (taken from Target). Needless to say, i went ahead with the Iron Man BD mask edition for $27 plus tax. Also, gues what? There were a number of DVD version, but i got the last 2nd BD copy... Now, you can argue that the store stocked more DVD version that BD of course, but from my personal purchase experience of this movie, i have to say, anyone bought the dvd version got ripped off...

[quote name='Ha429rout']Go with Blockbuster Online, no extra charge for Blu rays![/quote]

Yeah, i definitely like that, but like turls said, not everyone has a BBV nearby...

I just hope this mean Netflix will have MORE supply of Blu-Ray discs. Currently, it is hit or miss with their BD. I did get Iron Man recently, and I have been getting some of my lesser BD wants, but most just sit at the top of my queue.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Umm.... nothing... this is how capitalism works...

:roll:[/QUOTE]

But, haven't you heard? Capitalism is dead.

Viva regulation!

Done, canceled and filled out the reasons. To my surprise, BDs are not even listed on the reasons for cancellation :(

Still Want to Cancel?
Below are several things to keep in mind once you cancel your Netflix Service account.

• Cancellation will be effective immediately.
    There are no refunds for partial months. You can sign up for Netflix Service again at any time; however, you will not be eligible for another free Netflix Service offer.
  • Outstanding rentals must be returned to Netflix within 7 days of cancellation.
    If you cancel, you must return all outstanding rentals within 7 days, or we'll automatically charge your credit card for the unreturned DVDs. No refunds or credits are given for partial months or unwatched movies.
  • You will not be able to watch movies instantly on your computer.

• We'll send you an email confirming your cancellation.

You seriously think DVDs are going away, even in the next 5-8 years? And until they completely go away, there is always going to be price premium for BluRays over DVDs. But like I said, I hope more people feel the way you do.

[quote name='Busyman']The reason it is incredibly stupid for anyone to go along with this is that eventually the cost Blu-Rays will come down.
[/quote]

[quote name='Ha429rout']Go with Blockbuster Online, no extra charge for Blu rays![/quote]

haha, if Blockbuster doesn't raise prices for BluRay users in the next 12 months, it will only be for competitive reasons if they are getting their butt kicked by Netflix.

I think churn is great for competition, but if the $1 pushes you to Blockbuster, you must want to leave anyway.

[quote name='Serpentor']Done, canceled and filled out the reasons. To my surprise, BDs are not even listed on the reasons for cancellation :([/quote]

Yay shorter Blu-Ray Queues!

[quote name='FloodsAreUponUS']Yay shorter Blu-Ray Queues![/quote]

Sorry to disappoint, but for the last two months, i have been getting DVDs, not BDs, almost every BD in my queue is listed as LONG WAIT or SHORT WAIT. So, yeah, go ahead and be happy :applause:.

[quote name='Serpentor']Sorry to disappoint, but for the last two months, i have been getting DVDs, not BDs, almost every BD in my queue is listed as LONG WAIT or SHORT WAIT. So, yeah, go ahead and be happy :applause:.[/quote]

Did you read my post on the first page of this thread? You must not be valuable enough to Netflix.

Let's simplify this as much as possible. Just looking at your (or anyone else's) queue doesn't prove what Netflix's BD supply situation is. For all I know, maybe they have different criteria for BD rentals than regular DVDs.

account is finally FREE. They offered me 25% off my next month. Or nothing since i lost a week.

first they offered nothing then they finally gave in when i told them i was offered a return on all time i lost and had them on a recording.

only reason i wanted netflix was to watch them though the 360 next month.

I've been torn about this.. I like Netflix as a service and I recently watched a Blu-Ray, with maybe just a handful in queue compared to the usual DVD-only rentals I'm able to get.

I read the comments thread over at the Netflix blog and sure, a lot of people are cancelling based on principal. Business majors claiming that it is pretty much for an increase for profit and that the 'increased cost of blu-ray' is BS.

Though, personally, an additional 12 bucks a year ("plus taxes") is like me going out to eat with friends at a restaurant ONCE. I think I can live with that.

....of course if it increases even more I'll do a double take.

[quote name='toesakki']I dont see a problem with it. I haven't yet, nor will I jump on the stupid bluray bandwagon. That aside, if you go and buy a bluray disc it runs a lot more to purchase, yes? So, if it costs them more, I dont see anything wrong with passing some of that extra expense along. At only a buck more a month, I can't really believe you are complaining about this. Go rent a couple from blockbuster and still tell me its unfair. I think Netflix is great, a fantastic deal, and really if you dont like it then go elsewhere.[/quote]

That right there means your opinion is just rambling to ruffle feathers. You are on a website that is all about saving money. You are surprised?

I don't know if I will keep Blu access. I mean, if they raised it around when Blu and HD-DVD came out, I could understand. But the discs are just getting cheaper. I just don't get why they are increasing the price a year or so into the game. I am not expecting them to just lower their prices all the time, but more customers sign up all the time. More money for them. If I can get BDs new for around $15, I can imagine what they could get them for when bought in such bulk as Netflix does.

More consumers sign up, but more consumers are also signing to rent Blu-rays, which are still significantly more expensive than DVDs, whether you are buying them yourself or a company is buying in bulk. Thus, they need to spend more money to increase their Blu-ray inventory than they would to increase DVD inventory.

[quote name='turls']haha, if Blockbuster doesn't raise prices for BluRay users in the next 12 months, it will only be for competitive reasons if they are getting their butt kicked by Netflix.

I think churn is great for competition, but if the $1 pushes you to Blockbuster, you must want to leave anyway.[/QUOTE]

I've used both services. Started with Netflix when it first launched and stayed with them for years. Switched to Blockbuster when they were heavily promoting it, and I've been with them ever since. I think Netflix is a little overrated, although partnering with MS for Xbox Live downloads was probably a good move. If you can stream HD, I might be tempted to switch back.

Personally, I like being able to drop the mailers off at Blockbuster and walk out with a new movie. 9 times out of 10, I can get the new blu-rays that way instead of waiting for them in my queue. I also get a coupon for a free game rental every month. I think it's pretty lame that Netflix is charging customers extra so they can beef up inventory. That's something they should be doing anyway to accommodate customer demands.

[quote name='turls']Did you read my post on the first page of this thread? You must not be valuable enough to Netflix.

Let's simplify this as much as possible. Just looking at your (or anyone else's) queue doesn't prove what Netflix's BD supply situation is. For all I know, maybe they have different criteria for BD rentals than regular DVDs.[/quote]

You lost me... What you said on the first page is about how you were charged for four at a time with the three at a time price and you got the $1 increase. So? What does that have to do with "you're not valuable enough to Netflix?"

Also, it's just common sense that if my BDs are LONG WAIT, it means a lot of other people are renting the same titles OR Netflix is not stocking enough. Different criteria? So? I can make my BD queues go faster by changing to DVDs, but that's not what i want...

The other guys just :applause: for my cancellation b/c w/o me, their BD queues will go faster (one less guy to ship the BDs to). That too is common logic... And what i'm trying to tell them is that, I haven't been getting BDs lately, so my cancellation sorta has no effect on their current BD queues (using the common sense logic).

You obviously use Netflix longer than i did and perhaps more valuable to Netflix than i am. Again, i don't have negative attitude toward Netflix. The $1 raise, like most people, it's really nothing. Like I said, it's not about the dollar, it's about the principle of what the dollar going to do. So what's the common conclusion what the $1 going to do? To make BD queues go faster of course!

Of course, i wouldn't be able to find the answer to that (cancelled). But for those of you (loyal memeber or not) stay on board, you will find the answer to that question soon enough.

[quote name='chuckstaton']I've noticed alot of hating on Blockbuster recently on the CAG boards and I am really interested as to why?
Not in the sense that I am totally for Blockbuster (I really hated them when they first came out and charged $5 for a 48-hour rental - which they still do), but I am really interested in why people are against it now, as their policies seem great to me at this point in time.
I have Blockbuster.com. It's $19.99 a month, which gives me 3-at-a-time DVDs (unlimited amount per month), as well as unlimited in-store exchanges for those DVDs, and a free game rental every month (which I admit I wish I had more of).
I can trade in each of my Blockbuster.com envelopes (again, 3-at-a-time, unlimited per month) at Blockbuster for a free DVD or Blu-Ray rental.
Also, the Blockbuster I go to has a "seven day grace period" which I guess most Blockbusters don't have. It means that if you rented Iron Man this week on Tuesday, and it's due Thursday, you don't start getting charged a late fee until the following Thursday.
I think the entire system is really great, and at $20 a month, is a complete steal. I get a free game rental, unlimited DVD's to my house, and unlimited blu-rays and DVD's in-store. Plus when I get a DVD, as soon as I bring it to a Blockbuster it's checked back in, and I usually get three new DVD's in the mail two days later.
Do people think this is unfair or too costly?[/quote]

Except for most people blockbuster has done away with the unlimited store exchanges and limits it to 3 or 5 a billing period and done away with the game rentals. That's thje reason I cancelled mine.

I was their cusotmer for almost 2 years and they started increasing their prices and reducing what I got while they let my friends who signed up 3 months ago keep the full benefits at the same price.

I'll never go back to netflix, i use them for all my anime and older movie enjoyment. I use blockbuster moviepass for new releases and completely ignore their online service.

[quote name='wongjp']I've been torn about this.. I like Netflix as a service and I recently watched a Blu-Ray, with maybe just a handful in queue compared to the usual DVD-only rentals I'm able to get.

I read the comments thread over at the Netflix blog and sure, a lot of people are cancelling based on principal. Business majors claiming that it is pretty much for an increase for profit and that the 'increased cost of blu-ray' is BS.

Though, personally, an additional 12 bucks a year ("plus taxes") is like me going out to eat with friends at a restaurant ONCE. I think I can live with that.

....of course if it increases even more I'll do a double take.[/quote]
You are the reason they get away with it.

"It's only a dollar" is crap.

I'll keep Netflix but they bug off with that Blu-Ray crap.

If enough people didn't pay the $1 they'd relent.

I cut BB entirely when they raised their rates and decreased service.

[quote name='Kendal']That right there means your opinion is just rambling to ruffle feathers. You are on a website that is all about saving money. You are surprised?

I don't know if I will keep Blu access. I mean, if they raised it around when Blu and HD-DVD came out, I could understand. But the discs are just getting cheaper. I just don't get why they are increasing the price a year or so into the game. I am not expecting them to just lower their prices all the time, but more customers sign up all the time. More money for them. If I can get BDs new for around $15, I can imagine what they could get them for when bought in such bulk as Netflix does.[/quote]
BINGO!

[quote name='Serpentor']You lost me... What you said on the first page is about how you were charged for four at a time with the three at a time price and you got the $1 increase. So? What does that have to do with "you're not valuable enough to Netflix?"
[/quote]

No, that's not the post I was referring to. I can count on one hand the times in 8-9 years I haven't gotten what is on top of my queue. Basically what I'm saying is just because you have trouble getting BluRay, doesn't mean everybody does.

Funny how everybody complaining about the increase seems to completely discount Netflix was more expensive years ago for non-WatchNow, only DVD service. Just funny, that's all, if people are claiming "principle" is the reason.

[quote name='Busyman']You are the reason they get away with it.

I cut BB entirely when they raised their rates and decreased service.[/QUOTE]

Right. Drop Netflix for a buck.

See ya. Don't let the door hit you.

I cut BB entirely when they raised their rates and decreased service.[/quote]

Except all netflix is doing is raising prices $1 for a more expensive format without lowering their level of service. It's a simple fact that blu-rays cost more then dvds and therefor cost more to stock and replace. Its perfectly logical to charge a little more for more expensive media.

I understand that this is CAG, and we are all about saving money, but I really don't understand the issue here. Yeah, they are charging you more (only if you want to partake), but it's for a format that clearly costs more. Yeah, you can make the slippery slope argument (well, what happens NEXT time they raise it?), but those are generally logical fallacies. If they raise it another $1 in six months, you can say you told me so. Personally, I don't see another $12 a year for access to Blu-rays to be a big deal, as long as the service is good.

[quote name='Brian9824']Except all netflix is doing is raising prices $1 for a more expensive format without lowering their level of service. It's a simple fact that blu-rays cost more then dvds and therefor cost more to stock and replace. Its perfectly logical to charge a little more for more expensive media.[/quote]

We can not use logic here, that's too logical!

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Right. Drop Netflix for a buck.

See ya. Don't let the door hit you.[/quote]
Cool I'll see you after finish reading comprehension 101.

The part where I say "I'll keep Netflix" should sound an alarm and fire up those neurons. I have 360 and look forward to update.

[quote name='Brian9824']Except all netflix is doing is raising prices $1 for a more expensive format without lowering their level of service. It's a simple fact that blu-rays cost more then dvds and therefor cost more to stock and replace. Its perfectly logical to charge a little more for more expensive media.[/quote]
They are upping the price rather late, ya think?

It was even more expensive months ago. No one said anything about cutting Netflix....yet. BB raised there rates to too much AND lowered service.

BB still is better deal than NF due to the exchanges and quicker turn-around if returning to a store. You get to rent more movies for you buck within a month period.

BB's only drawbacks to NF are:

horrible selection
no Watchnow (which I don't use yet)

I a person wanted to rent lots of newer movies, BB is the best.

They were cut mainly on principle.

[quote name='Busyman']They are upping the price rather late, ya think?
[/quote]

Once again, no. You aren't going to have to raise rates when the movies first come out because few people are renting them. Now there are many blu-ray renters and the price of blu-ray discs is still very high.

[quote name='Busyman']They are upping the price rather late, ya think?

It was even more expensive months ago. No one said anything about cutting Netflix....yet. BB raised there rates to too much AND lowered service.

BB still is better deal than NF due to the exchanges and quicker turn-around if returning to a store. You get to rent more movies for you buck within a month period.

BB's only drawbacks to NF are:

horrible selection
no Watchnow (which I don't use yet)

I a person wanted to rent lots of newer movies, BB is the best.

They were cut mainly on principle.[/quote]

You forgot a MAJOR drawback to BB which makes Netflix SOOOOO worth that extra $1 everyone is bitching about...

NO LOCATIONS

The only benefit that works with BB is that you have one that local in your backyard.

The closest one to me is at least 75 miles, next one is 100.... that's not conveinent at all.

This makes Netflix's turn-around much more appealing.

I tried BB online rentals, and it would seriously take a WEEK before they ship, before they update that they got it... so I was able to get 2 movies in one month.

Seriously I bet BB is great if you have one in your backyard, but please compare on a level field, and that BB IS only better IF there is one local to do these in-store trades, else it falls way far behind Netflix.

***************ON TOPIC

I don't see this $1 as something to cut and run on... BR is expensive and it's not dropping as fast as DVD is.

They probably figured out they are not making near enough to cover the cost.

I don't rent BR, but been renting since inception, and I wish Walmart would have kept their end and allowed to do what BB does for returns.

[quote name='Busyman']Cool I'll see you after finish reading comprehension 101.

The part where I say "I'll keep Netflix" should sound an alarm and fire up those neurons. I have 360 and look forward to update.[/QUOTE]

You're dropping BD, are you not?

Will at least it isn't more and they should tell way there really doing it. I know that Blu-ray cost more than DVDs but that hasn't stop them before. Plus I haven't even rented a Blu-Ray movie in months from them. I guess I better start renting Blu-ray more now from Netflix.

I cut BB entirely when they raised their rates and decreased service.[/quote]

I wouldn't necessary say that " amt he reason they get away with it". First off, it's a choice I make to pay the extra dollar. I can easily go to my Account Settings and drop the blu-ray access. But I actually rent blu-rays from Netflix and have no desire to drop ship to Blockbuster or any other service online.

I'm pretty sure that Netflix is aware of the outrage on their own blog, in emails, at phone calls by irate customers. They'll do something about it when it gets out of hand, as if it wasn't already.

[quote name='blackhole82']No a dollar is not that much. But what is to stop them from increasing the price even more in the future? I don't even know why you chose to chime in at all since you don't even have a bluray player. So I'm guessing you're an existing netflix customer? How would you feel if you were getting a service and then all of a sudden it goes up? The fact is blurays have been expensive since they came out and they are just now deciding to raise the price. The fantastic deal you were getting may be getting closer and closer to just being a mediocre deal as time goes on.[/quote]

Well, here's the thing: Blu-Rays retail price point is on average 100% more expensive than the average DVD ($29.99 MSRP DVD vs. $60 MSRP BR). That means even when buying in bulk like NFX does and getting a substantial discount (likely on average $25-40 per BR), they're still paying a hefty fee to stock their shelves. Believe it or not, studios still to this day don't "accept" the rental industry as beneficial-- they'd rather have Joe Average buy a DVD at $19.99 on sale than have to sell three of them to NFX for around $8-12 a copy in bulk. Also take into account the thousands of discs they lose or have returned broken per month-- sure, on DVD's that's easy to afford-- but a BR disc doubles or triples the cost of replacing.

So even with NFX's world domination, BR still cuts into the pocketbook, and diminishes profits. A buck is fine. What's more likely to happen is BR will eventually come down in price--it has to, otherwise people won't support it at such a high cost. This is how VCR's started, this is how CD's started, this is how DVD's started. I still have an article from a late 1982 Chicago Tribune section that introduced the CD format at an electronics expo-- and the player ran a cool 5K, and had about twelve album options. Every new technology takes on average three to six years to finally be industry-wide accepted and produced on a mass scale. If prices don't start coming down on HDTV's, then Blu-Ray can't thrive. This time a technology is reliant on an outside industry, rather than being self-contained to reduce prices (VCR's and DVD's all ran off of standard TV, whereas BR needs HDTV to really shine and make its selling point).

Now that TV signals go digital early next year, this will also be a huge selling point for HDTV, and subsequently BR. I would expect to start seeing BR price drops into more reasonable pricing some time by the end of the holiday season next year, or studios are going to start looking at their watches and tapping their feet about bothering to put the discs out.

Ultimately, I'm not saying it's right that they're charging the extra buck, but they've got more of a customer base for the format now that the disc orders have shot up exponentially. Considering that Netflix is still one of the best values out there for watching movies (hello, $10 per person per movie at the theater?!) one George Washington isn't going to break anyone for better viewing options.

there seem to be some things many of you miss. bluray have scratch resistance unlike DVD's, so they last longer which in turn costs less down the road for netflix. also, i doubt they pay anywhere near what u see bluray for at a retail space, on amazon blurays are usually $2-4 more than the dvd. if they want to raise my sub a dollar, fine, but they better make sure there is the same ratio of dvd to bluray for new releases are people who rent only dvd and people who prefer bluray. it's nowhere close now, and you wait forever to get any new release on bluray. $1 is no big deal, but the reason they used in their email is completely false. price always goes up, i don't care about that, but at least give me the same chance of renting a new release bluray as someone who only rents dvds

[quote name='xycury']You forgot a MAJOR drawback to BB which makes Netflix SOOOOO worth that extra $1 everyone is bitching about...

NO LOCATIONS

The only benefit that works with BB is that you have one that local in your backyard.

The closest one to me is at least 75 miles, next one is 100.... that's not conveinent at all.

This makes Netflix's turn-around much more appealing.

I tried BB online rentals, and it would seriously take a WEEK before they ship, before they update that they got it... so I was able to get 2 movies in one month.

Seriously I bet BB is great if you have one in your backyard, but please compare on a level field, and that BB IS only better IF there is one local to do these in-store trades, else it falls way far behind Netflix.

***************ON TOPIC

I don't see this $1 as something to cut and run on... BR is expensive and it's not dropping as fast as DVD is.

They probably figured out they are not making near enough to cover the cost.

I don't rent BR, but been renting since inception, and I wish Walmart would have kept their end and allowed to do what BB does for returns.[/quote]
Well....75 and 100 miles? I live in the Washington DC metro area.

I have BBs everywhere....2 were less than 5 miles away in either direction from my house.

When I got a modded Xbox, I got a Gamepass game everyday for 1 month from BB since it's on my way home and filled a 250 GB hard drive up.

When I had BB Online, I'd rent 4 movies, receive them, rip them, exchange at the store the next day for 4 movies which immediately opened my queue, rip and return.

I could basically rent 8 movies at a time. The problem was BB's selection was horrible older or obscure movies. Netflix crushes them in that department.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']You're dropping BD, are you not?[/quote]
Read, man READ!

Dropping BD from Netflix and dropping Netflix are quite different are they not?

[quote name='wongjp']I wouldn't necessary say that " amt he reason they get away with it". First off, it's a choice I make to pay the extra dollar. I can easily go to my Account Settings and drop the blu-ray access. But I actually rent blu-rays from Netflix and have no desire to drop ship to Blockbuster or any other service online.

I'm pretty sure that Netflix is aware of the outrage on their own blog, in emails, at phone calls by irate customers. They'll do something about it when it gets out of hand, as if it wasn't already.[/quote]
They'll do nothing of a sort if everyone goes for the price increase.

[quote name='Busyman']Read, man READ!

Dropping BD from Netflix and dropping Netflix are quite different are they not?[/QUOTE]

Stop bitching.

[quote name='prophetizer']but they better make sure there is the same ratio of dvd to bluray for new releases are people who rent only dvd and people who prefer bluray. it's nowhere close now, and you wait forever to get any new release on bluray. $1 is no big deal, but the reason they used in their email is completely false. price always goes up, i don't care about that, but at least give me the same chance of renting a new release bluray as someone who only rents dvds[/quote]

How do you know it is "nowhere close now"? I've already explained I personally don't have a problem getting BD. The fact is nobody knows what their supply situation on BD vs DVD is except them. Why do people have to say different like it is a fact when all it is is their own personal opinion mixed with maybe a few other posts from others stating the same thing?

bread's done
Back