Netflix on Wii (discs are shipping)

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']The Wii disc doesn't count as one of your movies out at a time, correct?[/QUOTE]
It has in big letters on the envelope DO NOT RETURN DISC TO NETFLIX. So I guess a lot of people get confused.

Well, I signed up through the BB reward zone thing. And an added bonus: according to the email I got, the wii disc is worth 20 coins when you register it with club nintendo.

Tried mine out on Friday and I'm really impressed with how smooth it runs. I prefer it over the PS3 Netflix, unless it's an HD stream.

Responded to the email today so I hope to try the Wii/Netflix option sometime this week. I too have went through the 360 issues of picture quality changing mid-movie. Just got the E74 error on the 360 last night so I'll be shipping it out, perfect time to try out Netflix on Wii! Now I just have to pick up a Wii Lan adapter...

4rezdh.jpg

There is a new version that is .04GB. It's v1.0.1.

I did order a new disc and it says v1.0.1 on the disc and the sleeve. Netflix now shows recently viewed movies at the bottom, the covers are larger. It looks a lot better. I guess there are some more things but I can't remember off the top of my head.

The "Netflix Channel" continues to be possible through homebrew, but the methods remain somewhat complex.

Now available in Canada.
www.netflix.ca

Based on what people have said here and in other threads, I'm excited to try. If the quality is decent this would be a great deal for me.

I use Netflix's website to set up things I want to instant watch that way it is easily accessible when I want to use my Wii.

Netflix should now be available as a channel download from the shop channel.

[quote name='Nintendo']Beginning today, Netflix members in the United States and Canada can stream content through their Wii™ consoles with Netflix installed on their Wii Menu. The Netflix disc that was used for instant streaming on the Wii console will no longer be required. Netflix members who have a plan starting at $8.99 a month ($7.99 in Canada), a Wii console and a broadband Internet connection can now instantly watch movies and TV shows streamed directly to their TVs by simply downloading Netflix from the Wii Shop Channel. This new channel is available at no extra cost. The new disc-free option installs Netflix on the Wii Menu, making it convenient for Wii owners to quickly access streaming movies and TV shows.[/quote]

[quote name='BlueLobstah']Netflix should now be available as a channel download from the shop channel.[/QUOTE]

Good news! I was hoping for this...

sweet! so does this incorporate the search feature? I thought the Wii was going to be the first to do that if I'm not mistaken..

I ask because I assume the disc is going to be worth something to collectors - maybe not now but someday - and maybe not much money, but $10 or $15 for something that was free isn't bad.

bread's done
Back