Netflix PS3 GUI... what happened?!

Thomas96

CAGiversary!
I was really enjoying the Netflix service via PS3, however, after this recent update, I'm finding that the new Netflix GUI (or interface) is fucked up! I feel like I don't have access to as much content as I did before. Right now, I'm just using the website to find things I want to watch, then going back to the PS3 to actually watch the content. I really miss the genre search that you could do before.

I'm glad someone posted about this. The interface they had a couple months ago was great! Now, it's awful - it's slower, ugly, and cluttered. Also, people think from left to right, not right to left, so why put the menu on the right? It's a bummer because I use the service pretty often...

My UI still looks the same with menu on the left. Similar to the pic

netflix-ab-testing-on-ps3.jpg

My UI is AWFUL now too. Glad it didn't just happen to me. This happened weeks ago mind you... but it was really nice and they found a good spot for it... then made it worse than ever.

[quote name='maxim2boobles']My UI still looks the same with menu on the left. Similar to the pic

netflix-ab-testing-on-ps3.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Ya, mine still looks like the menu in the top right. (Last I checked: 4 days ago)

Only problem I'm having with it now, that I didn't have with it about 2 months ago was that it "freezes".

After watching an episode of a season, I'll have to back out all the way to the "main" menu then re-enter the Season. All the episodes watched are still saved, but it gets annoying.

My tv has a netflix app and I just started using it yesterday (rejoined netflix). The UI is extremely simple and doesn't let me search by typing anything in. Sure it's as easy as going onto my computer and logging on there really dig in and search, but it's not that impressive. Now that there's no need for me to stream via PS3, it sounds like I'm still suffering the same thing you guys are.

I actually called someone just now to give them feedback on the interface. The guy said "You're certainly not alone in your comments..." and that the reason it was changed to begin with is because people were complaining that when they clicked on things, it would tell them the movie was unavailable. Why this prompted an entire new interface I don't know. Later, they (Netflix) found out that people were clicking on things only available on DVD/Blu-ray and not Instant Watch, so it was only a user error. The good news is that he told me they are working to change the interface back to the way it was before. So, things should be good again soon...

Lol, just be thankful netflix instant watch is 1,000 times better than it was a few years ago. No we get to watch quality tv shows like, Robotech the Macross Saga(1985), Trailer park boys, and the new futurama which is available in hd. My slim ps3 is so effing hot and loud that i usually just watch netflix on my wii.

It'd be nice if they added Move support as well for when the PS3 controller is charging. Obviously not a big effort to get up from the couch to tap the controller but it'd give some extra use to the Move. The Nav. controller works well though but if you don't have that, your stuck with just the DS3.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Lol, just be thankful netflix instant watch is 1,000 times better than it was a few years ago. No we get to watch quality tv shows like, Robotech the Macross Saga(1985), Trailer park boys, and the new futurama which is available in hd. My slim ps3 is so effing hot and loud that i usually just watch netflix on my wii.[/QUOTE]

I went to the store today, and I say blu ray movies for 7.99, 9.99, 14.99, and I didn't buy any of them. Even with the clusterfuck UI, I'll just have to make due, because in the end I'm saving money. Since I got netflix, I haven't bought any blu ray movies. Currently, I'm watching That 70s show Season 2, and watching Ghost in the Shell S.A.C.

Have you tried contacting Sony or Netflix's customer support to complain about the GUI? They may have some sort of tip on getting 1 over the other.

New interface is TERRIBLE. I'm sure it'll be changed back to the way it was, or at least similar. I don't know how anyone could like this.

I still get blurays when it's stuff I want. The Shawshank Redemption on Blu ray is incredible.

bread's done
Back