Netflix Shipping | For Wed: Superbad

PKRipp3r

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Tomorrow I will watch this movie for the first time.

large_superbad.jpg

based on what my friends' say, my expectations are through the roof.

should they be, or should i lower them now?

i feel like there's no way it can't be great

art.superbad.jpg

then after that i'm going to watch Lost S1&2, right into 3. :cool:

[quote name='AshesofWake']hype kills[/quote]

indeed, but you can't expect it to be superbad when everyone says its supergreat haha

also, how is netflix...that sounds like a decent christmas gift for my folks

[quote name='Foo228']indeed, but you can't expect it to be superbad when everyone says its supergreat haha

also, how is netflix...that sounds like a decent christmas gift for my folks[/QUOTE]

not terrible

sometimes more obscure titles ship from far away places

i just had Dr Danger shipped from Virginia, and I'm in CA

99% of the time it's from a dist. center in L.A. though.

i still have high hopes for superbad

definitely expected WAY too much from Knocked Up

I just watched it this weekend and my friends had also hyped the hell out of it. The first 30 minutes are very, very, very funny. The rest of the movie is good, but not as good.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']I just watched it this weekend and my friends had also hyped the hell out of it. The first 30 minutes are very, very, very funny. The rest of the movie is good, but not as good.[/QUOTE]

thanks, expectations modified slightly

[quote name='utopianmachine']This absolutely deserved it's own thread.[/QUOTE]

gaze upon....

Hypnotoad-1p0f.jpg

HYPNOTOAD!!

[quote name='utopianmachine']This absolutely deserved it's own thread.[/QUOTE]

i cant put into words how happy i am to see this thread

cant belive this movie made that much money. Just a bunch of lame sex jokes.

maybe if the movie was 20 mins shorter it would been better but it just drug on and on and on.

its an okay show but its not a laugh out loud movie like Dumb and dumber when it first came out.

Also i wouldnt recommend that you let your grandparents or even parents watch this show cause of the lanuage. my folks came over when it was first starting and i had to take it off.

i can see why so many studios passed on this film. noone ever belive that it would make any money

netflix is good for the first month then the throttle the hell out of you.

first month i got 20 movies

this month ending dec 24 i only got 8 movies for the month. 3 at a time plan

i be lucky to get 10 to 12 movies this month.

right now i have 3 open slots yet nothing ship. ALL NEW RELEASE MOVIES (anything that came out in the last 4 weeks) are all VERY LONG WAIT

[quote name='Sc4rfac3']same here dude i'm gonna watch it for the first time tomorrow[/QUOTE]

nice

let's see who likes it more

i bet i'll like it about 13% more than you do

after i watch it i'm going to keep saying 'McLovin!!" all the time, for no reason

[quote name='PKRipp3r']nice

let's see who likes it more

i bet i'll like it about 13% more than you do

after i watch it i'm going to keep saying 'McLovin!!" all the time, for no reason[/QUOTE]

Seems like you already made up your mind about liking the film. I got this from Blockbuster tonight and have low expectations in spite of the incredible hype it's getting. We'll see if the movie lives up to the hype.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Seems like you already made up your mind about liking the film. I got this from Blockbuster tonight and have low expectations in spite of the incredible hype it's getting. We'll see if the movie lives up to the hype.[/QUOTE]

it's called internet sarcasm
:)

i already admitted to having high expectations though.... which usually leads to me being disappointed
with hindsight, my awarding Soul Plan MOTY might have been a rash move

[quote name='PKRipp3r']it's called internet sarcasm

i already admitted to having high expectations though.... which usually leads to me being disappointed
with hindsight, my awarding Soul Plan MOTY might have been a rash move[/QUOTE]

Heh, internet net sarcasm is like that rickety bridge in Indy II: it's hard to get across. I'm lowering my expectations and expecting it to be a steaming pile. Who knows, I might be surprised and enjoy it on some level; although, I do feel that this movie is not aimed at a twenty-seven year old school teachers.

I let my friends overhype it. I made it about 30 minutes through before swapping out for a different movie. I went back later and pushed through another 20 minutes before turning it off. I will finish it eventually, but my expectations were definitely too high. I was expecting funny like American Pie, Harold and Kumar, or even Eurotrip, but so far its been a series of lame sex jokes. I contrast this with a movie like Clerks 2 where the sex jokes were just as offensive (ass-to-mouth, an s&m homo-donkey show) but actually funny.

I liked Jonah Hill in his two minute role in 40 Year Old Virgin, and didn't mind him in Accepted, but it is excruciating to watch him in this movie. Michael Cera isn't bad in this movie, but I'm probably just nostalgic for Arrested Development.

Personally, I didn't like it at all. I cracked smiles a couple time and actually laughed only once. It's just not my kind of movie, I guess.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as you moxio. The parts with mclovin and the cops were pretty funny but other than that it wasn't all that great.

I just watched the last half of the movie and was happy that it didn't annoy me as much as the first half. So in all I'd say this movie is just okay; your basic morality tale of bros before hos.

[quote name='Braskley'] a movie like Clerks 2 where the sex jokes were just as offensive (ass-to-mouth, an s&m homo-donkey show) but actually funny.
.[/QUOTE]

great point, and true

I was not disappointed by the film. I had to keep the volume of my giggling to a minimum, however, because we were watching the film while our 2-month-old was dozing in the room with us.

I really wanted to let loose a few times with raucous laughter. Those boys make a funny trio. I hope they do more projects together.

[quote name='shieryda']I was not disappointed by the film. I had to keep the volume of my giggling to a minimum, however, because we were watching the film while our 2-month-old was dozing in the room with us.

I really wanted to let loose a few times with raucous laughter. Those boys make a funny trio. I hope they do more projects together.[/QUOTE]

right on

the only person i have to worry about waking up is a 24 year old stripper passed out on the other end of my couch, and she's asleep on my bag of pot so i probably need to rouse her anyway

i'm expecting about a 7/10 out of Superbad so i'll lower my expectations to 5.5/10 for a buffer

[quote name='PKRipp3r']right on

the only person i have to worry about waking up is a 24 year old stripper passed out on the other end of my couch, and she's asleep on my bag of pot so i probably need to rouse her anyway

i'm expecting about a 7/10 out of Superbad so i'll lower my expectations to 5.5/10 for a buffer[/quote]

What?! She fell asleep on your bag of weed? Isn't it all busted up and ground to powder by now? Bad stripper!

We had a holiday party last week, and our company hired a pianist to play some songs. As soon as he started playing "These Eyes (Are Crying)" by the Guess Who, I did a fist-pump and yelled out "hell, yeah!" You see, I had just finished watching "Superbad" the night before, and well, you'll get the idea once you've seen the film.:lol:

[quote name='shieryda']What?! She fell asleep on your bag of weed? Isn't it all busted up and ground to powder by now? Bad stripper!

We had a holiday party last week, and our company hired a pianist to play some songs. As soon as he started playing "These Eyes (Are Crying)" by the Guess Who, I did a fist-pump and yelled out "hell, yeah!" You see, I had just finished watching "Superbad" the night before, and well, you'll get the idea once you've seen the film.:lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol:

i haven't even seen it yet and i'm already laughing just cause that's funny

weed's still nice and moist.... but now it smells like Princess perfume and it sparkles!

God bless strippers.... God bless them every one

14499__showgirls_l.jpg

/jesseFTW

[quote name='TFN']That picture will look well in my upcoming ''Pictures of women licking various objects'' thread.

Thanks. :][/QUOTE]

I look forward to said thread with great anticipation.

*unzips*

"Heh, internet net sarcasm is like that rickety bridge in Indy II: it's hard to get across."

LMAO. Good one. Seriously.

[quote name='pittpizza']"Heh, internet net sarcasm is like that rickety bridge in Indy II: it's hard to get across."

LMAO. Good one. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

that was pretty damn funny

shortround.jpg

"Strong bridge, strong wood. Aaarrghhhh!!!"

I liked the movie, but I found that there were less funny jokes as it went on. The Beginning was amazing, then it went along and kinda fell. There were some funny jokes later on, but not as much as in the beginning.

No one point Chacrana to this thread...

I've seen it twice, and it's still hella funny
(Though I'm sure I didn't love it as much as SeanR)

I'm a little surprised with all the semi-hate for Superbad here. I thought it was hysterical, start to finish. Honesty, I did. It might not be particularly high-brow by any stretch of the imagination, but damn if I didn't think it was funny. And the agreement that Clerks 2 is superior to Superbad, really? The humor in Clerks 2 seemed so much more forced to me, like reading it on a page might've been funny, but once the actors tried to convey those monologues, it didn't seem to work so well. And the Jackson 5 musical sequence...don't get me started.

Count me in the minority for this thread, I guess.

Hope OP likes/liked it... Nice title by the way.

The movie is ok.

I loved it the first time I saw it, but I ended up seeing it for a second time a month or so later and I fell asleep during it.

ok, i just finished watching it

i gotta give it a solid 7/10 for a comedy

w/out McLovin it would have been only a 6 but he saved it many times, esp some of the cop stuff. seth rogan and bill hader kinda seemed to think they were funnier than they actually were, imo. not horrible but not hilarious.

rogan is wearing a little thin with me. and i agree that it could have used about 15-20 minutes left on the editing room floor... yet there were some good scenes later on, like Seth trying on pants w/Evan commenting

Seth: Its like a three thing... its like ball, dick, ball.

Evan: It's like a division sign... I just wish you would take those off.

but despite me thinking i was gonna hate all three lead actors after 15 minutes, only Cera bugged me a little

and despite already hearing the word McLovin a billion times, he was dang awesome.

Break yo'self fool!!

it was stupid and cliche but not in a totally bad way.

apatow should write a film noir now... take us by surprise

[quote name='pittpizza']"Heh, internet net sarcasm is like that rickety bridge in Indy II: it's hard to get across."

LMAO. Good one. Seriously.[/QUOTE]

The funny part was the "internet net" part. What the hell was I thinking.
Gonna watch SB this weekend.

The outtakes were just okay, but I really enjoy it when actors just ad-lib shit. That scene in the bar with the cops and McLovin was great.

Oh, and I missed Cera's quote about the "division sign". That scene is even better now.:D

I'm gonna have to watch this one again.

[quote name='shieryda']

Oh, and I missed Cera's quote about the "division sign". That scene is even better now.:D

.[/QUOTE]

yeah during that whole scene i kept thinking... 'couldn't they have put this in a little earlier?'
that was some of the funniest dialogue, to me

the way Jonah was posing and the stuff he was saying... too damn funny.

that actually seemed like just Michael Cera and Jonah Hill hanging out, instead of the characters

bread's done
Back