Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

[quote name='Javery']Someone name a good TV series that is available from start to finish on Netflix instant. I already watched Battlestar and Roswell and a couple of others but I'm up for some suggestions...[/QUOTE]

24 and Jericho would be my top picks for complete series on streaming.

I watched Veronica Mars (awesome awesome awesome show) but I haven't seen 24 or Jericho yet. 24 is quite a commitment but Jericho only went 2 seasons, right?

[quote name='Javery']I watched Veronica Mars (awesome awesome awesome show) but I haven't seen 24 or Jericho yet. 24 is quite a commitment but Jericho only went 2 seasons, right?[/QUOTE]

Correct, also the nice thing about 24 is that the seasons have very little connection to each other so if you take time off between seasons without losing much.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']I don't know when it was added, but I've been watching season 5 of Doctor Who. This is great because I just finished the 4th season earlier in the year.[/QUOTE]

They just added it to streaming on 5-9. I am not sure if they added the new Christmas Special as well though. After Season 4 you should jump over to Torchwood before starting Season 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Javery']I watched Veronica Mars (awesome awesome awesome show) but I haven't seen 24 or Jericho yet. 24 is quite a commitment but Jericho only went 2 seasons, right?[/QUOTE]

The 3rd season of Jericho moved into comic book form much like Buffy Season 8 where they got the same writers as the regular series to continue the story.

[quote name='m3talst0rm']I don't know when it was added, but I've been watching season 5 of Doctor Who. This is great because I just finished the 4th season earlier in the year.[/QUOTE]

Nice, although I'm only on Season 2 right now, but I'm really enjoying it.

I just thought I would share that the HTC Incredible, Evo 4g, Nexus One, G2, and Nexus S are able to download official Netflix app now. Tried it out on my Incredible and it seems to be running great.

Started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 144 episodes, 45 minutes each. That's a HUGE undertaking, but I intend to see it through ... even if it takes me a month or two.

[quote name='Javery']Someone name a good TV series that is available from start to finish on Netflix instant. I already watched Battlestar and Roswell and a couple of others but I'm up for some suggestions...[/QUOTE]

Buffy, Angel, Prison Break...

Not start to finish but I recommend Sons of Anarchy, and In Plain Sight.

[quote name='HydroX']Buffy, Angel, Prison Break...

Not start to finish but I recommend Sons of Anarchy, and In Plain Sight.[/QUOTE]

Scrubs, if you did see that. Arrested Development, Twilight Zone

Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies.

[quote name='Moses144']Started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 144 episodes, 45 minutes each. That's a HUGE undertaking, but I intend to see it through ... even if it takes me a month or two.[/QUOTE]

So worth it. You will not be disappointed.

[quote name='HydroX']Buffy, Angel, Prison Break...

Not start to finish but I recommend Sons of Anarchy, and In Plain Sight.[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen Prison Break or In Plain Sight...

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Scrubs, if you did see that. Arrested Development, Twilight Zone[/QUOTE]

Saw them all - great shows!

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies.[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen either - thanks!

I second the Sons of Anarchy and X-Files choices.

I'm currently undertaking the task of watching all of the X-Files before the fall semester.

[quote name='Javery']

Haven't seen either - thanks![/QUOTE]

Curious what you'll think of the two series. Do post your impression on it.

[quote name='GhostShark']I second the Sons of Anarchy and X-Files choices.

I'm currently undertaking the task of watching all of the X-Files before the fall semester.[/QUOTE]

I'm working on the X-Files marathon myself. That one's a doozy, because the series loses its momentum often and drags here and there. That's not to say there aren't excellent, well-plotted and acted episodes, just that they could have done a better job keeping out plot holes, adding characters (Krycek get boring) etc.

I watched Boondock Saints for the first time last night, it's a pretty awesome movie.

I did have an issue with the netflix app on my PS3, though. For some reason my queue was completely out of order. Anyone else have this issue?

[quote name='ImLuhkee']I just thought I would share that the HTC Incredible, Evo 4g, Nexus One, G2, and Nexus S are able to download official Netflix app now. Tried it out on my Incredible and it seems to be running great.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up just installed.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I thought we were getting the X-Men tv cartoon?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='WeaponX2099']Yeah, where's Spider-Man? And not the crappy Unlimited.[/QUOTE]

The first post says "coming throughout the summer" .. no timeframe has been released yet.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I noticed that South Park is expiring tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That really sucks.

I highly recommend the movie Tell No One.

bronson.jpg

Movie is great

The first titles from Miramax are up.

Pulp Fiction, Chasing Amy, Clerks, Reservoir Dogs, From Dusk Til Dawn, The Piano, Scream, Scream 2, Hellraiser, Swingers, and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back are all available now.

More that are now available that Netflix, for some reason, hasn't advertised..

Resident Evil Afterlife
The Crow
The Rock: The most electrifying man
Titan AE

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw Titan AE in the theater. Haven't seen it since, I may haveto watch it again. It didn't live up the hype I built up in my head, but it wasn't bad. And it does have my favorite Lit song in it. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='Scorch']More that are now available that Netflix, for some reason, hasn't advertised..

Resident Evil Apocalypse
The Crow
The Rock: The most electrifying man
Titan AE[/QUOTE]

It is actually Resident Evil: Afterlife (the latest one that came out in 2010) .

Anyone having syncing issues with the latest releases? The Power Rangers audio seems to be off in the timing and Resident Evil the Subtitles were way off.

I've been having problems like that for a long time. The only thing I've noticed that is different is smoother menu scrolling (PS3).

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies.[/QUOTE]

+1 - Loved Dead Like Me so much I ended up buying the giftset :)

[quote name='Hoffy']+1 - Loved Dead Like Me so much I ended up buying the giftset :)[/QUOTE]

Own it on DVD and the first season of Pushing Daisies. just need to get Season 2 at some point. I already own the other show that's supposed to be somewhat in this universe/world, in Wonderfalls (just haven't watched it yet).

I'm like almost 50 episodes in on Phineas and Ferb. Credit to my 6 year old nephew for putting me on this cartoon, its so damn charming.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Own it on DVD and the first season of Pushing Daisies. just need to get Season 2 at some point. I already own the other show that's supposed to be somewhat in this universe/world, in Wonderfalls (just haven't watched it yet).[/QUOTE]

Never even heard of the show Wonderfalls but after a quick review I think that's something I'd really be into. On netflix the recommend suggestions for Wonderfalls was Pushing daisies :cool: It sucks they don't have it for streaming, it's fairly cheap on ebay though.

[quote name='Hoffy']Never even heard of the show Wonderfalls but after a quick review I think that's something I'd really be into. On netflix the recommend suggestions for Wonderfalls was Pushing daisies :cool: It sucks they don't have it for streaming, it's fairly cheap on ebay though.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, Wonderfalls is another overlooked great series (I'm assuming as it's from Brian Fuller). I figured Netflix would have it too, since it is a lesser known back catalog title, which seems to be their forte, but sadly it isn't.

I'm guessing since I enjoyed Pushing Daisies/Dead Like Me (loved this one) that I'll really enjoy it as well.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I'm like almost 50 episodes in on Phineas and Ferb. Credit to my 6 year old nephew for putting me on this cartoon, its so damn charming.[/QUOTE]

Ha same here. We just got done watching episode 61 tonight (33 of seaon 2, Wizard of Odd. I might be off on the total episode number). My 7 and 8 year old love it.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Yeah, Wonderfalls is another overlooked great series (I'm assuming as it's from Brian Fuller). I figured Netflix would have it too, since it is a lesser known back catalog title, which seems to be their forte, but sadly it isn't.

I'm guessing since I enjoyed Pushing Daisies/Dead Like Me (loved this one) that I'll really enjoy it as well.[/QUOTE]

Wonderfalls is a great show. If you liked Pushing Daisies you will definitely like Wonderfalls.

Just finished Stargate Universe. It might just be my imagination but I think that's the highest quality HD video I've seen on netflix. Great show too, sad to see it go.

Also impressed they have the entire series up so soon after it aired.

[quote name='thrustbucket']Just finished Stargate Universe. It might just be my imagination but I think that's the highest quality HD video I've seen on netflix. Great show too, sad to see it go.

Also impressed they have the entire series up so soon after it aired.[/QUOTE]

I've been watching SGU for week or so now. Tonight episode 22. :)

It is a great show. Sad that there's only 40 episodes.

I wish they would have more on netflix. Seems like everything I havent seen, they don't have. Sucks.

Also, wish they would have CSI on there..

I wish they would have more on netflix. Seems like everything I havent seen, they don't have. Sucks.

Also, wish they would have CSI on there..

X-Men (the 1992 cartoon) is coming to Netflix Instant Streaming on July 1st. (via Feedfliks.com)

X-Men Evolution will also be available on that day.

I'll definitely be re-watching every episode of the '92 toon, even though I've seen them a million times already.

[quote name='Ziv']I saw Titan AE in the theater. Haven't seen it since, I may haveto watch it again. It didn't live up the hype I built up in my head, but it wasn't bad. And it does have my favorite Lit song in it. Thanks for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Gden']It also contains the best Earth explosion in a movie to date IMO.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was a great movie. Saw it twice in the theater. The soundtrack was actually pretty good. Too bad they never released a score for it :(

[quote name='HydroX']X-Men (the 1992 cartoon) is coming to Netflix Instant Streaming on July 1st. (via Feedfliks.com)[/QUOTE]

Nice! Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='HydroX']X-Men (the 1992 cartoon) is coming to Netflix Instant Streaming on July 1st. (via Feedfliks.com)[/QUOTE]

Nice! Thanks for the heads up.

bread's done
Back