Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

Great thread, one request-has anybody suggested going back to a text list of the updates? It screws with my browser, but maybe I'm unique in that. Hard to read the titles without hunting on each cover, and I have to horizontal scroll.

Nitpicky for sure, but I wonder if others preferred the text list over cover art too.

Thanks for the thread though, very helpful!

August updates up. Thought there'd be more.. oh well.

Regarding the cover art.. I did that as it's more eye catching and less work for you guys. Also, maybe it's just me, but actually seeing the cover art gets me more interested in the film. I will do an alternate text-only list.

Done. Is that okay?

Horizontal scrolling? What do you mean? Can you take a screenshot? Mine just shows up in rows of six, does it not do that for everyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Backlash']The best of both worlds - thanks!

The images are all next to each other on one line in IE 9. Maybe different in other browsers.[/QUOTE]

Weird. That's how the code is presented, but it should autowrap. Let me mess around with it and you can tell me how it looks.

This is how it shows up on my screen.

I edited August's images, take a look and see if that changed anything.

[quote name='Backlash']August wraps at 6 images now. The July ones actually wraps as well I just noticed, but it wraps at 18.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I see the problem. IE is processing the code literally as it is instead of autowrapping. Glad you and berzirk brought it to my attention, I'll fix June and July right now. Thanks guys.

It's updated. Let me know if it's presented any better now.

Hell on Wheels is a fantastic show. AMC really knows how to make great television. I was debating whether or not to keep watching it about 3 or 4 episodes in, but I'm glad I stuck with it.

[quote name='Scorch']Okay, I see the problem. IE is processing the code literally as it is instead of autowrapping. Glad you and berzirk brought it to my attention, I'll fix June and July right now. Thanks guys.

It's updated. Let me know if it's presented any better now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man! That's great. Really appreciate having this thread on CAG, and all your work with it!

I'm not sure if I'd recommend "Wilfred". I watched the first season, and as it wore on, was almost tempted to stop watching it.

I don't think I enjoyed it enough to watch the new season. I think I'm starting to get tv show ADD as I get older.

[quote name='shieryda']I'm not sure if I'd recommend "Wilfred". I watched the first season, and as it wore on, was almost tempted to stop watching it.

I don't think I enjoyed it enough to watch the new season. I think I'm starting to get tv show ADD as I get older.[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure I finished watching the first season. I liked the first few episodes, but after a while, it just felt like they were using the same jokes over and over. The whole man-as-dog gag got a little stale for me.

ESPN's 30 For 30 series of documentaries was just stealth added today, only a tweet by the @netflix account to announce it. Just got done watching Bartman episode (which is also 1/3 about Bill Buckner.)

[quote name='MSUHitman']ESPN's 30 For 30 series of documentaries was just stealth added today, only a tweet by the @netflix account to announce it. Just got done watching Bartman episode (which is also 1/3 about Bill Buckner.)[/QUOTE]

Sweet I will have to finally watch the ones that I haven't seen yet. I have been meaning to buy them to see them so this will work.

Just wanted to say thanks for putting this together and keeping it up to date. I like it more than any other netflix update I have seen anywhere else.

Does anyone know if FRIENDS (Season 1 to 10) will ever be added to Netflix? The majority of my friends have recomended it to me but it's kida pricey on DVD :p

Only one movie worth mentioning added today (which totally messes up the August formatting until more are added, but whatever)

[quote name='GhostShark']Wow, thanks for everyone who recommended Hell on Wheels. I've watched the first four episodes, and it's fantastic.[/QUOTE]

Yes its freaking fantastic, also remember Season 2 of "Hell on Wheels" premiers tonight at 9pm, following that is all new episode "Breaking Bad" on AMC, now thats a nice lineup!

I got a recommendation for one of the more fascinating documentaries I've seen recently called Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of Toynbee Tiles

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/R...y_of_the_Toynbee_Tiles/70170048?trkid=2361637

It's about these tiles found on roads for the past 30 years in northeast US and South America that has a message based on theories presented by Arnold Toynbee and 2001: A Space Odyssey that dead humans can be resurrected scientifically on Jupiter. Just as fascinating as the messages themselves is the search for the person creating and laying these tiles.

I watched that the other day, it was somewhat interesting but once you find out
it's just some bat-shit crazy shut-in who puts the tiles down and there is no real explanation other than he's crazy
, it's kind of a let down.

I was able to watch a few more of ESPN's "30 for 30" series. Very enjoyable! I know not everybody is a huge sports fan but it's still possible to enjoy them without having a huge interest in sports.

[quote name='Maklershed']I got a recommendation for one of the more fascinating documentaries I've seen recently called Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of Toynbee Tiles

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/R...y_of_the_Toynbee_Tiles/70170048?trkid=2361637

It's about these tiles found on roads for the past 30 years in northeast US and South America that has a message based on theories presented by Arnold Toynbee and 2001: A Space Odyssey that dead humans can be resurrected scientifically on Jupiter. Just as fascinating as the messages themselves is the search for the person creating and laying these tiles.[/QUOTE]
Saw that the night it got put on there. It was interesting, but kinda like when your a kid and find out Santa isn't real, its like wtf

[quote name='GetWhatYaGive']I was able to watch a few more of ESPN's "30 for 30" series. Very enjoyable! I know not everybody is a huge sports fan but it's still possible to enjoy them without having a huge interest in sports.[/QUOTE]

Once brothers was great. Vlade Divac, one of the NBA's most charismatci people of the last 20 years, and Drazen Petrovic, perhaps the greatest European basketball player of all time, all against the backdrop of a crumbling Yugoslavia. Maybe a bit too staged to emotional-sake, but overall, very well done. That Yugo team was insane. Beat Team USA, Russia, started 4 pros. Whew.

Super 8 is up. Been wanting to see that. Also Bill Burr's new comedy special "You people are all the same" is up. Haven't seen it yet but that dude is hella laughs.

Anyone watch God Bless America yet? Pretty dark comedy. What I found funny was when he channel surfing. Everything he flipped to was "real" or a real parody of what is actually on TV, with those almost exact things happening. Really makes you sick.

Obviously there is a scene in the movie some may find offensive, but it was written and filmed way before "that incident". The movie never got much publicity, so I'm glad no one tore into like a uninformed bitch. They find it more fun to rip on Kevin Smith, heh. No one remembers who Bobcat is!

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Anyone watch God Bless America yet? Pretty dark comedy. What I found funny was when he channel surfing. Everything he flipped to was "real" or a real parody of what is actually on TV, with those almost exact things happening. Really makes you sick.

Obviously there is a scene in the movie some may find offensive, but it was written and filmed way before "that incident". The movie never got much publicity, so I'm glad no one tore into like a uninformed bitch. They find it more fun to rip on Kevin Smith, heh. No one remembers who Bobcat is![/QUOTE]
Yeah, saw that the night it got put on there. Had been waiting for it. I love that movie and is so true that it hurts too. I really need to pick it up soon as possible

[quote name='moon_knight']0_o[/QUOTE]

Agreed. (If I'm interpreting the face right). I thought it was filled with cliche, not all that interesting, and about an hour longer than it needed to be. Super 8 wasn't for me. It was like they wanted to destroy ET by smashing it together with War of the Worlds and about 10 other similar alien invasion movies.

Super 8 is one of those love it or hate it movies. I personally loved it. The alien stuff was a bit cliche but the kids acting and the setting were amazing.

[quote name='blindinglights']I watched that the other day, it was somewhat interesting but once you find out
it's just some bat-shit crazy shut-in who puts the tiles down and there is no real explanation other than he's crazy
, it's kind of a let down.[/QUOTE]

Thanks you just saved me one and a half hours. I would have been pissed.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Anyone watch God Bless America yet? Pretty dark comedy. What I found funny was when he channel surfing. Everything he flipped to was "real" or a real parody of what is actually on TV, with those almost exact things happening. Really makes you sick.

Obviously there is a scene in the movie some may find offensive, but it was written and filmed way before "that incident". The movie never got much publicity, so I'm glad no one tore into like a uninformed bitch. They find it more fun to rip on Kevin Smith, heh. No one remembers who Bobcat is![/QUOTE]

The movie had all the grace and subtlety of a Uwe Boll film.

I love when people act like your opinion is crazy. 82% on RottenTomatoes and 72 on Metacritic, clearly I'm not the only one who liked Super 8.

I liked Super 8. Nothing, great IMO, but an entertaining flick.

But it's the internet and its full of people with strong opinions who like to express them in assholish ways.

[quote name='camoor']Super 8 was fucking awful. Prepare to be disappointed.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Boring plot, stupid looking alien, annoying children.

[quote name='camoor']Thanks you just saved me one and a half hours. I would have been pissed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It turns out to be more about the guy who makes the documentary and his journey to find out the truth behind the tiles. Basically the explanation you get is:
The crazy dude believes the writings of this guy who says that souls go to Jupiter to be reborn. He drives around with an antenna on his car interrupting TV broadcasts in his neighborhood to spread this message. Some neighbors hold him up with a knife in his house because they don't seem to be happy that he keeps interrupting their TV time. He becomes a crazy shut in, cuts the floorboard out of his car, and drives around putting down these tiles with a cryptic message about the souls go to Jupiter bit. The documentary guys try to contact him multiple times via visits and letters and he does not respond because he's a crazy shut in who thinks everyone is out to get him.

I thought Super 8 was rather enjoyable. The score ranges between Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes seem to be adequate to how good of a film it is. I can see why people hate it, though.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I liked Super 8. Nothing, great IMO, but an entertaining flick.

But it's the internet and its full of people with strong opinions who like to express them in assholish ways.[/QUOTE]
I'm an asshole? :(

I thought super 8 was an enjoyable movie that got more praise than it should've because of nostalgia.

bread's done
Back