Netflix Streaming Thread 2.0

No, my post was directed at camoors "Super 8 was fucking awful. Prepare to be disappointed." And other like comments I see here in the movies thread and on other forums.

Saying what you just said: "I thought super 8 was an enjoyable movie that got more praise than it should've because of nostalgia." or things of that nature is a mature way to express that you didn't like a movie.

People on the net have a bad habit of being overly strong/rude in expressing opinions, stating their opinion as fact, insulting/jumping all over people who like things they don't or vice versa etc. I've not seen you to be one of those folks.

Personally, I couldn't care less what movies/games/music etc. someone else likes or doesn't like. So I usually just express my like/dislike respectfully (and briefly) and move on. Any mature discussion which attempts to break down specific things one liked or didn't like about a movie tend to get drowned out by the fanboy types attacking any criticism, and hater types just shouting about how much the movie sucked and how people who enjoy it have shitty taste in movies etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I liked Super 8 quite a bit too. Nostalgia definitely played a role in the enjoyment, but that doesn't make the movie less enjoyable for me. On the streaming side, I just started Sherlock tonight, and it's outstanding. I've been putting it off since each episode is an hour and a half, but it's well worth it. Hopefully the series keeps it up.

Going to plug I saw the Devil one more time because it is the movie that got the director, Jee-woon Kim, his job directing The Last Stand with Arnold, coming next year.

He also directed a Tale of Two Sisters, which is on several top ten scariest movie lists.

I also found Super 8 rather enjoyable, it felt reminiscent to movies like The Goonies. It's sometimes refreshing to watch a movie that isn't super depressing.

Highlights of whats coming 9/1:

Everybody Loves Raymond complete series
Dog Day Afternoon
Passenger 57
Black Dog
Analyze This
Titan AE
The Omen
Highlander
Insomnia
The Descent 2
Everything is Illuminated
Network
Abduction

[quote name='Cage017']Has there been any news on Walking Dead Season 2 coming to Netflix?[/QUOTE]

It'll most likely come a week or so before the new season starts, so sometime in October most likely.

Also, I'm psyched that The Descent 2 is coming to Netflix. It was on there a long time ago, but I never got a chance to watch it and then they took it off. Big fan of the first movie. Wasn't Titan AE on there a while back as well?

[quote name='Tsel']It'll most likely come a week or so before the new season starts, so sometime in October most likely.

Also, I'm psyched that The Descent 2 is coming to Netflix. It was on there a long time ago, but I never got a chance to watch it and then they took it off. Big fan of the first movie. Wasn't Titan AE on there a while back as well?[/QUOTE]

As one big fan of the first to another, don't bother with the second.

Cap'n_RDM;9925885]As one big fan of the first to another said:
Aw man, that's depressing to hear. I was afraid that might be the case since the sequel went direct to DVD. What was bad about it?

I read the entire plot about The Descent 2 way back when when I was about to rent the DVD....I wouldn't suggest it. Just pull it up on wikipedia to read the entire story...

[quote name='Maklershed']I got a recommendation for one of the more fascinating documentaries I've seen recently called Resurrect Dead: The Mystery of Toynbee Tiles

http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/R...y_of_the_Toynbee_Tiles/70170048?trkid=2361637

It's about these tiles found on roads for the past 30 years in northeast US and South America that has a message based on theories presented by Arnold Toynbee and 2001: A Space Odyssey that dead humans can be resurrected scientifically on Jupiter. Just as fascinating as the messages themselves is the search for the person creating and laying these tiles.[/QUOTE]

Did they ever find out where these come from? I've seen and read about them over the years, but never seen any definitive proof from where they come from. Or does this documentary cover that?

With the amount of evidence that the documentary provides, I think it's proven beyond reasonable doubt who it is.

It's just that without an answer to why he did it, it seems kind of foggy.

I have a netflix related question I was hoping someone in this thread could answer.

For how long does netflix keep your instant queue after you cancel?

I checked their website, but the only information I found was pertaining to the dvd plan. I really hate that you can't pause your membership anymore, just straight cancel it.

[quote name='XxFuRy2Xx']I have a netflix related question I was hoping someone in this thread could answer.

For how long does netflix keep your instant queue after you cancel?

I checked their website, but the only information I found was pertaining to the dvd plan. I really hate that you can't pause your membership anymore, just straight cancel it.[/QUOTE]

they keep it, it's the same as pausing it now. I cancelled mine like 8 months ago and when I went to renew my queue was still there

September update posted, no images yet because I'm tired.. I'll work on it soon. But the text is there! Coming soon section updated, lots of good stuff on the way!

[quote name='Scorch']September update posted, no images yet because I'm tired.. I'll work on it soon. But the text is there! Coming soon section updated, lots of good stuff on the way![/QUOTE]

Awesome, can't wait for Alias. Also, anyone who hasn't seen The Grey yet should check it out when it becomes available.

[quote name='Tsel']Lots of good stuff in the September update.[/QUOTE]
I disagree. Theres too much hollywood garbage and not enough indie or foreign movies.

[quote name='moon_knight']I disagree. Theres too much hollywood garbage and not enough indie or foreign movies.[/QUOTE]

I'm a wrestling fan, so the four wrestling items added will entertain me for a while. I've been meaning to go back and watch the Mission Impossible movies, so now I have easy access to 1 and 3. Other than that, there's a bunch of movies on there that I've already seen but wouldn't mind watching again.

for those of you who liked Payback the version on netflix is different than the original movie one so theres a bunch of new scenes as well as a completely new ending. this version gives you a better idea of how big /powerful the syndicate is.

Sat through Worlds Greatest Dad. Ugh. Very few movies have me despise practically every character in it, but this is one of them. Wanted to turn it off early, didnt, and was angry w myself for not doing so once it was over.

Watched Goon last night with my wife. It was definitely better than expected. It was nice to see Seann William Scott playing a character other than Stifler (or a clone thereof). He did a nice job, I thought.

[quote name='Backlash']Watched Goon last night with my wife. It was definitely better than expected. It was nice to see Seann William Scott playing a character other than Stifler (or a clone thereof). He did a nice job, I thought.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly why I haven't watched it yet. I may give it a shot later on though.

On a side note, I was mulling over dropping Netflix Instant Streaming recently due to the lack of quality additions -- the September update has restored my faith. Well, that, and my son's discovery of Blue's Clues has kept me from cancelling. ;)

[quote name='pitfallharry219']It looks like they're adding Freaks and Geeks on 10/1.[/QUOTE]

Thats easily worth the price of Netflix streaming, love that show

[quote name='Backlash']Watched Goon last night with my wife. It was definitely better than expected. It was nice to see Seann William Scott playing a character other than Stifler (or a clone thereof). He did a nice job, I thought.[/QUOTE]

Goon was so much better than I had anticipated.

[quote name='4thHorseman']Sat through Worlds Greatest Dad. Ugh. Very few movies have me despise practically every character in it, but this is one of them. Wanted to turn it off early, didnt, and was angry w myself for not doing so once it was over.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way about "Employee of the Month"... and almost everyone appearing in show on the TRU tv network lol

I also kinda feel that way towards the characters on Weeds... I only stick with that show because I had for so many years and want to see how it ends bad or good

For anyone who remembers and liked the show Dinosaurs, it holds up surprisingly well. Dont remember it having adult moments, and man its a topical show. Still funny though.

[quote name='4thHorseman']For anyone who remembers and liked the show Dinosaurs, it holds up surprisingly well. Dont remember it having adult moments, and man its a topical show. Still funny though.[/QUOTE]

Already on like episode 16 or something. Great show that touched on a lot of controversial topics, especially considering this was produced (?) by Disney.

bread's done
Back