Netflix's random server redirection for monthly deals

RBM

CAGiversary!
http://patricochet.googlepages.com/winthenetflixlottery

A friend of mine came across this interesting detail, regarding how monthly rental plans are advertised on Netflix.com's website. While this is not a deal per se, it may bring some alternative monthly deals to people's attention, who might not have realized how many options there are when opening an account with Netflix (since there appears to be a randomization process in directing folks to the different deals when they visit the website.)

$4.99, 1 at a time, 2/month
$9.99 1 at a time, unlimited/month
$14.99 2 at a time, unlimited/month
$19.99 3 at a time, unlimited/month

Links to the specific deals are listed in the page linked to. I don't have a Netflix account, myself, but maybe some others are interested in signing up if they're aware of the different deals available (and weren't directed to the one they're interested in, by default.)

[quote name='RBM']http://patricochet.googlepages.com/winthenetflixlottery

A friend of mine came across this interesting detail, regarding how monthly rental plans are advertised on Netflix.com's website. While this is not a deal per se, it may bring some alternative monthly deals to people's attention, who might not have realized how many options there are when opening an account with Netflix (since there appears to be a randomization process in directing folks to the different deals when they visit the website.)

$4.99, 1 at a time, 2/month
$9.99 1 at a time, unlimited/month
$14.99 2 at a time, unlimited/month
$19.99 3 at a time, unlimited/month

Links to the specific deals are listed in the page linked to. I don't have a Netflix account, myself, but maybe some others are interested in signing up if they're aware of the different deals available (and weren't directed to the one they're interested in, by default.)[/QUOTE]

you sure that isnt 17.99 for 3 at a time

I haven't followed the links he cites. Not having a Netflix account, I haven't actually looked into this very much, myself. The prices may fluctuate, or he might be guilty of some typos.

I suggested that he post this himself, but he doesn't have an account on CAG (he's just heard of it through me) and couldn't be bothered. The lazy bastad.

bread's done
Back