Netgear ME101(bridge) and Xbox : ethenet light not active

mcwilliams132

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I posted this over on Netgears Gaming forum but I though I'd post here to see if any other xbox owners experienced this:
------
Just purchased a Netgear ME101 Wireless Ethernet Bridge for use with my Xbox connecting to my WGR614v3 Wirelss router.

Background:
I configured the bridge with parameters to connect to my router and it proved to work fine when hooked up to my PC. I also flashed it to v2.0 firmware and can also connect to its internal web configuration. So everything works as it should.

My Xbox also works fine when wired directly to my router - but I don't want lug aroudn a 50' cable everytime I want to go on-line - hence why I got the bridge.

The Problem:
The issue is that when I connect the Xbox to the bridge...the ethernet indicator on the bridge does not light up at all. The bridge is seeing and attached to the router. I used the cat5 cable that came with the bridge as well as other cables I had between the xbox and the bridge but nothing proved to work.

My only thought is that I may need a crossover cable...but I don't think that should be nessasary.

Any ideas on why I'm not getting connection between the bridge and my xbox?

Like I said...everyhthing works apart from each other...just not together.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

In the manual of the Netgear ME101 it says you need a crossover to configure the bridge if connected via CAT5 to your PC. Based on this info it would seem that you need a crossover to connect this to your Xbox. I would assume that this is the cable that comes along with the unit.

I'm sure you looked at this but is the troubleshooting procedure from the firmware 2.0 of the netgear manual for a console that will not connect:

- Turn off all devices. Then, power
on the wireless router (or access
point) and power on the bridge.
Check that the bridge connects to
the wireless router or access point.
If it connects, power on the gaming
console or remote computer.
• If the device is connected to a
hub, with power on, disconnect
everything from the hub. Reconnect
the ME101, then the
game console(s). Finally,
connect the other device(s).
• If the device is connected to a hub,
disconnect all the devices from the
hub. Connect the problem device
directly to the bridge.

Got it fixed...

It was a crossover cable that I needed - which didn't come with the unit (came with a straight-through only)

Picked a crossover up from work and the light fired right up...

bread's done
Back