Netgear WNDR3700 Simultaneous Dual Band Wireless-N Router $119.99

52club

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Price includes shipping, you must join the mwave club which is free. I saw this on multiple deals sights so I'm not going to reference just one.

This was just reviewed in Maximum PC as their best wireless router. In the review they stated even at the MSRP of $190 it is worth the price. I'm still running my old LinkSys router (Wireless-G). I've been waiting for a decent dual band router to go on sale.

If you aren't familiar with dual-band it is essentially getting two routers in one. You can set up a network on 2.4 and one on 5.0. Just be careful not to name the networks the same if you are a new Ipad user:lol:.

Here is a link to product:

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch_v3.asp?scriteria=AA97474

and a link for the mwave club:

http://www.mwave.com/mwave/mclub.asp

I forgot to include the $10 coupon code they will email you: Subscriber

This will bring the price down to $119

Last edited by a moderator:
I have this router and for the most part it is great. I have had a weird problem though where the wired ethernet ports just die all of a sudden, and I have to reboot the router. But, I've been working with Netgear support and am running a beta firmware and so far the problem hasn't come back.

One thing I didn't realize before getting the router is just how bad the range on 5G is. I have all my network gear in the basement, and the 5G signal won't reach my laptop which is generally in the kitchen almost directly above the room in the basement. If you plan on the 5G going through any walls or floors then I wouldn't count on it working.

Another thing to note is that to get the 300 mbps speed your wireless N device has to support channel bonding. My Sony VAIO does not, so I am limited to 150 mbps on that. Still much nicer than the G speeds I had before though.

It supports UPnP so it will automatically configure itself for XBOX Live. It also has a guest network which is nice. I used that to create a second network with WEP security, for my DS.

Updated post to include coupon code, I try not to just copy and paste from other deal sites, but in this case I should have.

I got the WRT600N before they got hard to find. I'm running DD-WRT on it. From what I understand, third party firmwares are not really running that great if at all on this router, although after reading in Maximum PC I am tempted to get it. I have a B, G, and N networks running currently on 2 Linksys routers, one with no access to the LAN network which works as a guest account.

bread's done
Back