Neutral feedback on eBay

Collectordragon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
I bought a DVD that was described as like new but it was fair condition at best. Since the item was otherwise complete, shipped quickly, and had decent packaging I'm thinking a neutral would be reasonable. Thoughts?

If the condition isn't bad enough to want a refund I'd leave a positive personally. Maybe say something about the condition in the feedback, but sounds like everything went well otherwise.

The DVD including shipping was only a few dollars so trying to get a refund or doing a return didn't seem like it was worth it. However I wouldn't have bought it in the first place if I had known its wasn't actually like new. While condition is somewhat subjective there's a pretty big difference between like new (which eBay describes as no scratches etc) and something that looks more like a rental that had a lot of use.

Personally I would just contact the seller first. Feedback usually refers to the entire experience with the transaction, and I find that sometimes when I messaged the seller about stuff like that they are more than glad to give me a partial refund, or in your case even a full refund. And sometimes even if they are just genuinely apologetic I also leave feedback accordingly. Now if you contact them and they either never respond, or give you a rude response then I would say feel free to neutral them for their troubles.

I'm a dick, so I would leave neutral. It was 100% the fault of the seller that you are having an issue with your purchase. The fact that you need to pursue it any more than just buying it means that you did not have a positive experience.

You could go straight for the neutral, but I'd recommend what Squarehard suggested and contact the seller. If they don't apologize and/or make it right with a partial discount, then go ahead and leave the neutral.

[quote name='Zaku77']I'm a dick, so I would leave neutral. It was 100% the fault of the seller that you are having an issue with your purchase. The fact that you need to pursue it any more than just buying it means that you did not have a positive experience.[/QUOTE]

There were some policy changes on eBay that basically made it so any seller who got a neutral/negative under some conditions could get it removed without any questions. The buyer needs to contact the seller and give them a chance to fix it first. If they don't, then OP can leave whatever he/she wants.

Basically, this lets OP get screwed. If the seller says they'll accept the return, then the buyer is left with the return shipping cost... even though it's not their fault.

[quote name='GBAstar']Hmmm... you guys mind sharing your eBay buying ID's?

Would make some nice additions to my blocked buyer list :lol:[/QUOTE]

You should give us your ID so we can buy something from you and then open disputes anonymously. :D

Don't underestimate the power of negative and neutral feedback. I've sold many things on ebay, but sellers (I don't think) can leave negative feedback for buyers. Sellers are at the mercy of buyers and many would gladly give refunds instead of negative feedback

There's also the option of not leaving any feedback at all. That's probably what I would do in this situation personally. Because I'm not going to be mean and punish the seller over an item that cost a few bucks, though they should have wrote the condition in the description correctly. You might want to email them and bring that oversight to their attention even if your keeping the item.

bread's done
Back