Never receive item from Ebay auction but used Bidpay... Help

ychanus

CAGiversary!
I won an auction at Ebay for the xbox Forza racing game. The seller asked me to pay with bidpay with my credit card and he told me to subtract the bidpay fee from the total price. However, after payment and it is been 3 weeks, never heard back.

Suddenly I got an email from ebay saying this seller has canceled all his listings and account and told me to ask for refund if I paid.

Now, I have no clue what to do, and he is not replying. So, I wonder if I can do a charge back from the credit card company.

However, this seller request wire transfer to his checking account from bidpay instead of getting a money order from them. I don't know if it is to my advantage or not.

Please help..

I don't think you can do a credit card chargeback against a Western Union payment (since Western Union is Bidpay). Try going through EBay's complaint department (not sure of exact name), you might be able to get back what you paid minus a $25 fee. I know it probably won't be that much that you get back but it's better than nothing.

If you paid by credit card, you should be fine. Just call them up (the credit card company), and do a chargeback. More than likely, they will give you your money back. You could also threaten the seller with fraud, but that probably won't get you anywhere. eBay also doesn't care that you lost your money, so I wouldn't waste too much time with them. eBay only cares that you pay your fees on time and continue to buy items to make others pay their fees. If they honestly cared, they would fix that crap business they own called Paypal.

If you don't get your money back, welcome to the world of getting screwed over by eBay and/or Paypal. You are the 10,000,000 member. For a prize, you will lose your money.

Hope you get it back.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']If you paid by credit card, you should be fine. Just call them up (the credit card company), and do a chargeback. More than likely, they will give you your money back. You could also threaten the seller with fraud, but that probably won't get you anywhere. eBay also doesn't care that you lost your money, so I wouldn't waste too much time with them. eBay only cares that you pay your fees on time and continue to buy items to make others pay their fees. If they honestly cared, they would fix that crap business they own called Paypal.

If you don't get your money back, welcome to the world of getting screwed over by eBay and/or Paypal. You are the 10,000,000 member. For a prize, you will lose your money.

Hope you get it back.

TBW[/QUOTE]

Ebay usually favors the buyer and even if evidence is against it, will force the seller to refund any money for the item.

This is bidpay though - who knows how that works.

bread's done
Back