new 16 min video of mario 64x4 it looks sooooooo great

Gameplay Demonstration
Don't miss out on this 16 minute long demonstration for Super Mario 64 DS.
POSTED: 10/07/04 | Approx: 14m 20s

:rofl:

A little off topic, but does anyone know whehter Metroid: Hunters is just a demo bundled with the DS? Or is a demo bundled, but there is also a full game coming out?

the mini games look great and im excited about the 4player and the new levels. I know my friends are getting this and i cant wait

[quote name='regisphilbi0']A little off topic, but does anyone know whehter Metroid: Hunters is just a demo bundled with the DS? Or is a demo bundled, but there is also a full game coming out?[/quote]
just a demo

The more I see and hear about the DS, the more I want one. I never had an N64, so being able to play a much better version of Mario64 is appealing to me. I'm really digging all of the touch screen games/options too, like that game he was playing where you had to draw lines to guide Mario.

I hope that surgery game comes stateside, that sounded cool too. I dunno, I might have to buy this around launch!

1000th post!

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='regisphilbi0']A little off topic, but does anyone know whehter Metroid: Hunters is just a demo bundled with the DS? Or is a demo bundled, but there is also a full game coming out?[/quote]
just a demo[/quote]

There is a demo pre-loaded on the DS, but the full version comes next year.

From yahoo.

The black and silver paperback book-shaped device will come pre-loaded with demo version of the sci-fi shooter Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt to "whet gamer's appetites," said Nintendo of America spokeswoman Perrin Kaplan said.

A completed version of the game — one of the company's marquee franchises along with Mario — comes out early next year.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']The biggest news from that, in my opinion, is that there will be an analog control for the DS.[/quote]
I'm not quite sold on using the bottom screen as an analog controler. I'm not complaining though, I've always been a dpad guy myself. Besides, everything else looked fucking fantastic.

[quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='regisphilbi0']A little off topic, but does anyone know whehter Metroid: Hunters is just a demo bundled with the DS? Or is a demo bundled, but there is also a full game coming out?[/quote]
just a demo[/quote]

What? No. There is a full game coming out in the future. From Nintendo's press release: "As part of an incredibly strong launch offering, players will receive a free playable demo of Nintendo's upcoming Metroid Prime Hunters game, titled Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt."

EDIT:
Whoops. Grave beat me to it.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']The biggest news from that, in my opinion, is that there will be an analog control for the DS.[/quote]

yea that the dude couldnt get too work in the demonstration, how sad

just a demo[/quote]

Hah hah, I'm sorry, but I gotta take this one.

What exactly is a demo? Ask yourself this question and then read your username.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']The biggest news from that, in my opinion, is that there will be an analog control for the DS.[/quote]

yea that the dude couldnt get too work in the demonstration, how sad[/quote]

Yeah, that was a bit embarrassing, but hopefully it won't be that hard to get it to work in the future. Honestly, I don't know how the thing will work right. Will it have some kind of way to be stuck somewhat to the bottom screen so you won't have to worry about it slipping?

I noticed something with a strap on his hand, but I never really got to see how it worked.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='regisphilbi0']A little off topic, but does anyone know whehter Metroid: Hunters is just a demo bundled with the DS? Or is a demo bundled, but there is also a full game coming out?[/quote]
just a demo[/quote]

From yahoo.

The black and silver paperback book-shaped device will come pre-loaded with demo version of the sci-fi shooter Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt to "whet gamer's appetites," said Nintendo of America spokeswoman Perrin Kaplan said.

A completed version of the game — one of the company's marquee franchises along with Mario — comes out early next year.[/quote]

When you say "pre-loaded" do you mean that the demo will already be programmed into the ds much like picto-chat? Or will there be a separate cart for it?

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='CaptainObviousXl'][quote name='regisphilbi0']A little off topic, but does anyone know whehter Metroid: Hunters is just a demo bundled with the DS? Or is a demo bundled, but there is also a full game coming out?[/quote]
just a demo[/quote]

From yahoo.

A completed version of the game — one of the company's marquee franchises along with Mario — comes out early next year.[/quote]

When you say "pre-loaded" do you mean that the demo will already be programmed into the ds much like picto-chat? Or will there be a separate cart for it?[/quote]

The game will be pre-loaded into the hardware. So don't be surprised when you don't see a cart in your box. It's a logical move on Nintendo's part. Why spend the money on software when you can just pre-program it into the hardware?

Mario 64 still sucks, but the mini games look like great fun. They should pack those instead of stupid metroid

[quote name='xspeedracerx']Advance Wars DS screenshots.
http://www.gamespot.com/ds/strategy/advancewarsds/screenindex.html[/quote]

And it doesn't seem like they've updated the graphics at all. I couldn't stand the way the computer cheated in Advance Wars 2. I ended up getting pissed and selling the game. Cheap, CHEAP I tell ya!

[quote name='dcfox']And it looks like that Sega dating sim game no one thought would make it to the US is coming to the US afterall.

http://www.gamespot.com/ds/adventure/kiminotamenarashineru/preview_6109892.html[/quote]

Yeah, that just looks incredibly bizarre.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='xspeedracerx']Advance Wars DS screenshots.

And it doesn't seem like they've updated the graphics at all. I couldn't stand the way the computer cheated in Advance Wars 2. I ended up getting pissed and selling the game. Cheap, CHEAP I tell ya![/quote]

I think they upgraded the core game though, and thats really what matters.

[quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='xspeedracerx']Advance Wars DS screenshots.

And it doesn't seem like they've updated the graphics at all. I couldn't stand the way the computer cheated in Advance Wars 2. I ended up getting pissed and selling the game. Cheap, CHEAP I tell ya![/quote]

I think they upgraded the core game though, and thats really what matters.[/quote]

What are you basing this off?

One game to look out for is Nintendo's Another, or whatever the hell it's called.

another-20041007025149530.jpg

Don't know if they'll skip it across the pond, though.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='xspeedracerx']Advance Wars DS screenshots.

I think they upgraded the core game though, and thats really what matters.[/quote]

What are you basing this off?[/quote]

They didn't change much for advance wars 2, anything more than adding one unit is worth having the same graphics over again, in the preview they also said there is a new battle system.

They seem to have made the ground on a mode 7 style background (if you look close you can see the top squeezes in a bit compared to the bottom).... did they have satelite weapons in Advancewars2?

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='xspeedracerx']Advance Wars DS screenshots.

I haven't played the Advance Wars game on the GBA, but I would imagine having a stylus and two screens would make it easier to play strategy games. Just think if they brought over some of the pc's best strategy games to the DS, like Starcraft/Warcraft, CIV, Ages of Empires. I would have to have the DS permanantely grafted onto my arm.

[quote name='dcfox'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='xspeedracerx'][quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='xspeedracerx']Advance Wars DS screenshots.

I haven't played the Advance Wars game on the GBA, but I would imagine having a stylus and two screens would make it easier to play strategy games. Just think if they brought over some of the pc's best strategy games to the DS, like Starcraft/Warcraft, CIV, Ages of Empires. I would have to have the DS permanantely grafted onto my arm.[/quote]

Very true, the stylus should make a huge difference. And I'm not a big graphics guy myself. I prefer gameplay over graphics, but honestly how hard would it have been to bring the graphics up a bit?

It looks the fuckin same as the GBA version! At least give your games an updated look.

So, is this the exact same version of Mario 64, but with three additional characters? If so, that's just a stupid as releasing the NES Classic Series on GBA.

[quote name='redgopher']So, is this the exact same version of Mario 64, but with three additional characters? If so, that's just a stupid as releasing the NES Classic Series on GBA.[/quote]

No, they've added a lot of stuff in the game.

There are now 150 stars to find, as opposed to 100 in the previous game.

There are tons of mini-games.

And they have just made the game more challenging.

This is exactly what developers need to do when rehashing an old game.

[quote name='punqsux']Gameplay Demonstration
Don't miss out on this 16 minute long demonstration for Super Mario 64 DS.
POSTED: 10/07/04 | Approx: 14m 20s

:rofl:[/quote]

I watched it, it was 16:07 or something. It looks OK, I just wasn't all that thrilled by Mario 64 the first time around - probably because I was expecting so much from hearing all the hype surrounding it.

Right now, I have a queue of 3 of Nintendo's DS games that I will have to have, and this isn't one of them. I'm extremely curious about the "new Super Mario Bros." title that'll be coming out - I've been dying for a good, original Mario game for a portable since the GBA came out.

[quote name='DenisDFat']Mario 64 still sucks, but the mini games look like great fun. They should pack those instead of stupid metroid[/quote]

How can you even say that?

Whatever 3D games you like (if there ARE ANY), were possible b/c Mario 64 paved the way. If you don't like something, then leave out your worthless 2 cents and stick with topics about whatever the hell it is that you do like.

/rant

[quote name='redgopher']So, is this the exact same version of Mario 64, but with three additional characters? If so, that's just a stupid as releasing the NES Classic Series on GBA.[/quote]

If you watch the demonstration you'll se there is a hell of a lot more stuff in this version. The people who really liked Mario 64 should have this on their want list. It isn't just a portable port like so many GBA versions of SNES titles.

One very nifty feature is allowing multi-player with only one cartridge. THis has been done on a few GBA games but the wireless really expands the potential. You could find yourself playing on a bus or airliner against people you never see directly.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']

The game will be pre-loaded into the hardware. So don't be surprised when you don't see a cart in your box. It's a logical move on Nintendo's part. Why spend the money on software when you can just pre-program it into the hardware?[/quote]

Think about what you're saying here. Unless the hardware has a good chunk of ROM set aside for the task there isn't any place for the software to reside. It isn't free, it just isn't a separate item.

Nintendo has said they plan to have more demos available for the DS. Using ROMs for this would be prohibitively expensive but there is another way thanks to the wireless functionality. If the DS contains a chunk of flash memory that comes from the factory with Metroid already written to it, (This would also store user variable like the unit's name for multiplayer coordination. Perhaps even a personal avatar created in Picto-Chat!) DS owners, when given the choice, could choose to erase Metroid and let a new demo be written in its place. Connecting wirelessly to demo kiosks in stores would be a logical means to do this at very low cost since the kiosks themselves can store their demos on a hard drive and be updated via cheap CDs.

They're also talking about offering special tie-ins like downloads for those attending a Pokemon movie. That'll really lock the kids in. Want that that extra special Pokemon? You can only get him if you go to the movie and take your DS with you.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']

This is exactly what developers need to do when rehashing an old game.[/quote]

Actually, there were 120 stars in Super Mario 64. So, they only added 30. But even if they added nothing, I'd still buy the game.

[quote name='Gameboy415'][quote name='DenisDFat']Mario 64 still sucks, but the mini games look like great fun. They should pack those instead of stupid metroid[/quote]

How can you even say that?

Whatever 3D games you like (if there ARE ANY), were possible b/c Mario 64 paved the way. If you don't like something, then leave out your worthless 2 cents and stick with topics about whatever the hell it is that you do like.

/rant[/quote]

Just ignore him. You're providing his only fulfillment in life.

This game is looking way better than the original even though super mario 64 is one of my favorites of all time. I just hope the make the game alot more difficult.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction'][quote name='redgopher']So, is this the exact same version of Mario 64, but with three additional characters? If so, that's just a stupid as releasing the NES Classic Series on GBA.[/quote]

This is exactly what developers need to do when rehashing an old game.[/quote]

But it's still rehashed.

bread's done
Back