New 360 Owner, What Games Should I Get First (POLL)

Quintessence

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
In a couple days I will have my 360 (a friend is getting it for me). I will update this by the way when I do get it. EDIT: I have it!!!

I actually already have Sneak King and Big Bumpin' from Burger King so that is why they are not on the list all of you "King" fans.

The only types of games that I do NOT really like are horror, realistic racing, and long RPGs.

If you would also please comment as to why I should get a certain game over another.

Thanks all!

[quote name='dragonreborn23']Kameo! Decent platformer to start your 360 collection with. Plus it's nice and cheap now, too.[/quote]

I do indeed like the price point. I think COD2 is also low in price. Way to be a good CAG!

Gears, Viva Pinata, Kameo, and Saints Row(other). Those are the games I have played the most personally.

Both of you people above suggested Saints Row...hmmm...never was a fan of GTA or open environments like this.

Which is better, Saint's Row or Crackdown?

My two favortie gaming experiences I have had on the 360 so far are Gears of War and Lost Planet. Both are quick to beat, so may be better as rentals, but I highly recomend both. You also cant go wrong with either Call of Duty, with 2 being rather cheap at this point.

Kameo is a good one to start off with. About the only "realistic racing game" for the 360 is Forza 2, but thats not even out yet. PGR3 is fun as is Burnout Revenge for more arcade type racing. As far as fighting games go if you like them, DOA4 is the only option till this summer when Virtua Fighter 5 hits the 360. That is unless you get UMK3 or SF2 on Arcade

[quote name='Quintessence']I am surprised that so few are suggesting Command & Conquer 3. I know it is not out yet...but it has Kane in it!!! :robot:[/quote]

I dont see the big deal with Kane? Never understood it but to answer your topic if you like online play then COD2/3 or Gears of War will last you a while.

I played the demo of Command & Conquer 3 and its pretty fun but a game like that belongs on the PC due to all the keyboard shortcuts that will be neccessary to beat hard opponents, I dont see how 360 will handle the shortcuts as well as a keyboard.

Can I suggest a 2 year warranty? Also Kameo was a really good playing and good looking game. All of the games you have mentioned are worth picking up.

[quote name='crazyj']I dont see the big deal with Kane? Never understood it but to answer your topic if you like online play then COD2/3 or Gears of War will last you a while.[/QUOTE]

Don't count on being able to get online in COD3 without any problems. Online multiplayer for that game is a complete mess. Some people can connect and some can't (even after the patch). Didn't work for me and I even bought a new router thinking that'd fix the problem but it didn't do shit. And yes, NAT was open as well as the Live ports on the router.

Ended up trading it for R6: Vegas instead. Much better game too.

[quote name='crazyj']I dont see the big deal with Kane? Never understood it but to answer your topic if you like online play then COD2/3 or Gears of War will last you a while.

I played the demo of Command & Conquer 3 and its pretty fun but a game like that belongs on the PC due to all the keyboard shortcuts that will be neccessary to beat hard opponents, I dont see how 360 will handle the shortcuts as well as a keyboard.[/quote]

I think a lot to do with it has to do with the fact that Kane is bald. Maybe CheapyD can relate?! There is just something about the character of Kane. If you played any of the C&C games with him in it then you would realize how empty the game would feel without him.

I would buy it for the PC because of the reasons you mentioned...except the my PC is not doing so well and I do not have enough money to upgrade it. So I have decided to buy an Xbox 360 for the price of like one good graphics card, lol.

Get a Gold LIVE account , Gears and check out a bunch of demos .
You don't need a Gold account to download demos , just so you know .

[quote name='dmes65']Can I suggest a 2 year warranty? Also Kameo was a really good playing and good looking game. All of the games you have mentioned are worth picking up.[/quote]

Is the two year warranty actually worth it? The regular warranty is one year now is it not? Tell me more please.

Oh, and the problem is is that all the games I listed are good games that I want to pick up. I was hoping that the CAG community could help me pick the order at least. :)

[quote name='Richlough']Get a Gold LIVE account , Gears and check out a bunch of demos .
You don't need a Gold account to download demos , just so you know .[/quote]

Yeah, I have looked into Live a bunch. Already have 2000 MS points from various things (all free :))

The only problem I am going to have is to get connected online. The main computer is downstairs so I guess I will have to Wi-Fi it...which means that I will have to buy that stupid overpriced thing I guess.

[quote name='Quintessence']Yeah, I have looked into Live a bunch. Already have 2000 MS points from various things (all free :))

The only problem I am going to have is to get connected online. The main computer is downstairs so I guess I will have to Wi-Fi it...which means that I will have to buy that stupid overpriced thing I guess.[/QUOTE]

I would get the D-Link wireless bridge/gaming adapter you can use it with anything with an ethernet cord . I use the old XBOX wireless adapter which is the same thing but just wireless B & G .
Here's a link http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/D-Li...99007680/oid/127873/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...CategoryId=pcmcat25300050005&id=1099385755300

I'm sure with a little effort you can find it cheaper .

Here's a link to the one I have , it's the same thing just not updated .
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xboxwirelessadapter/

Kameo, Gears of War, Crackdown, Saints Row and Tomb Raider Legend. Mmmm!

Also.. Alien Hominid HD is a must have arcade game!

[quote name='Richlough']Also it appears you have registered with XBOX.com already so you won't get your free month with that profile .:cry:[/quote]

Oh...thats sad. :'( I did not know that! I just wanted to make sure that I got my name. Oh well...

I am going to buy Gold membership anyway. I guess it will come a month sooner then.

[quote name='Richlough']I would get the D-Link wireless bridge/gaming adapter you can use it with anything with an ethernet cord . I use the old XBOX wireless adapter which is the same thing but just wireless B & G .
Here's a link http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/D-Link-Wireless-Gaming-Adapter-DGL-3420/sem/rpsm/context/99007680/oid/127873/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6965643&type=product&productCategoryId=pcmcat25300050005&id=1099385755300

I'm sure with a little effort you can find it cheaper .

Here's a link to the one I have , it's the same thing just not updated .
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xboxwirelessadapter/[/quote]

Thanks for the info on those. One of those is sold out and the other is $99, which is the same as the Microsoft one. I am sure there are others cheaper (like you said) so I will definitely keep that in consideration. I look forward to competing online with you sometime!

[quote name='Quintessence']Thanks for the info on those. One of those is sold out and the other is $99, which is the same as the Microsoft one. I am sure there are others cheaper (like you said) so I will definitely keep that in consideration. I look forward to competing online with you sometime![/QUOTE]
You're in Glendale, so Fry's should be your first stop if you're taking your 360 online. I bought the D-Link wireless adapter (hooks up via ethernet in the back) for $40 and some change. Plug and play, works like a charm, and $60 cheaper than the Microsoft brand.

[quote name='JJSP']You're in Glendale, so Fry's should be your first stop if you're taking your 360 online. I bought the D-Link wireless adapter (hooks up via ethernet in the back) for $40 and some change. Plug and play, works like a charm, and $60 cheaper than the Microsoft brand.[/quote]

I have actually never been to a Fry's; seen some from the freeway but never been inside. I will definitely check that out.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Crackdown. Rainbow Six Vegas. Burnout Revenge.

Oblivion if you like RPGs.[/quote]

I take it you are a Castlevania fan. :roll:

[quote name='doodle777_98']oblivion[/quote]

I have never played an open world game like that, so that game could be quite an experience.

[quote name='Azumangaman']Go for Kameo for a platformer and GRAW for your shooter.
2 awesome games, both can be found on the cheap.[/quote]
I certainly like it when people say "on the cheap!!!"

Gears of War, Viva Pinata, and while this could possibly be classified as horror, one of the best 360 games, Dead Rising. Also, get Uno.

[quote name='chemical']Uno[/quote]

I have so many MS points from all the free stuff that I did (I hope that True.com thing works) that I will be buying a lot of arcade games...and Uno will be one of them!

[quote name='Quintessence']I have so many MS points from all the free stuff that I did (I hope that True.com thing works) that I will be buying a lot of arcade games...and Uno will be one of them![/QUOTE]

Drunken college guys, teenage girls, webcams...all trying to play a card game inteded for players aged 7 and up. Some of the conversations you'll hear are hilarious.

[quote name='chemical']Drunken college guys, teenage girls, webcams...all trying to play a card game inteded for players aged 7 and up. Some of the conversations you'll hear are hilarious.[/quote]

I look forward to it. Do you want to play sometime?

My choice was "other". I'm going go with Rainbow Six Vegas, it has 5 new maps & 2 new game modes coming to multiplayer soon. RSV is a solid 9 out of 10, and a good alternative to Gears right now.

I would pick up Gears of War first. The game is truly amazing, and a real showcase as for what the 360 can do.

-Dan

Kameo, Call of Duty 2, Condemned, Tomb Raider Legend, Burnout Revenge. Start out with all the cheap games since you are getting a 360 now, by the time you get through those some of the newer games may drop in price. Plus they are all great games, well worth the price. I would get Kameo first.

Get Gears of War if you see any deals on it, to really see what the 360 can do.

Avoid Perfect Dark Zero.

bread's done
Back