New 360 Prototype $20, Smash Bros Brawl $25 & EA Active $30 @ GameCrazy

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
I don't know how long this sale is for, but these prices are active as of this morning.

EA Sports Active $29.99 new/$24.99 used
Prototype $19.99 new/$17.99 used XBOX 360 VERSION ONLY
Super Smash Bros Brawl $24.99 new/$19.99 used

Thanks Scorch! I'm heading to my local GC after work and see if they have it for $20 new.

Im planning to flip in prince of persia and far cry 2 which I both got for $26 total off of gamefly's deal a month ago. I was dissapointed with FC2 both got most of the achievs for POP.

Thanks OP! I grabbed Prototype used for just under $20.

It was the first time I've been to GameCrazy in a few months too... the Hollywood Video next door closed and I wasn't even sure if the store was still even there, but it was.

Hmm..I'll have to get this. I'm still pissed at GC that when they told me RE 5 would still be on sale, and as soon as i show up the price has magically gone up (when I had just been on the phone with them). Is Ghostbusters still on sale?

I was just there during lunch and Ghostbusters was 19.99 new for both 360 and PS3.

Picked up a Prototype - thanks much, op.

As for the Buy 2 Get 1 sale, they've carefully marked only the lousiest and/or oldest games down to be eligible. If it were for games 19.99 and under, I'd have gone. . . well. . . game crazy (sorry), but with it at 18.99, there wasn't anything for me.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Please don't make stupid posts about fraud.[/QUOTE]

My apologies, I didn't realize that constituted fraud.

[quote name='perdition(troy']Just PM'd the t-shirt edition of prototype at best buy.[/QUOTE]
How did you pm without presenting some tangible proof of sale from gamecrazy?

Thankfully the GC near me is still open, so I grabbed Prototype and EA Active.

Going back tomorrow to check for Ghostbusters

Just wondering if anyone else was pitched the $2 warrenty? The guy at the store made it seem like if I didn't buy it I couldn't get another copy of the game if there was something wrong with it. Anyone have any issues with returns/exchanges at gamecrazy?

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']Just wondering if anyone else was pitched the $2 warrenty? The guy at the store made it seem like if I didn't buy it I couldn't get another copy of the game if there was something wrong with it. Anyone have any issues with returns/exchanges at gamecrazy?[/QUOTE]

I think your allowed 7 days to return used games and then 30 days for exchanges for defective copies. Everytime I buy from there I'm pitched the warrenty. In reality, thinking back, I don't think I've ever had an issue with a game that wasn't immediate, so I don't bother with it.

I got pitched it again with Prototype. I'm loving the game right now. I am annoyed that, without an HDTV, reading is nearly impossible, and the instruction book is pretty much useless, but running around the city is a blast.

I have to imagine this would be my nephews favorite game (the 4 year old would have a ball just running through the city leaping cars). But, the language is pretty rough (definitely an M game). May have to make the 'don't repeat it and you can play' deal.

Hey scorch, thanks for all your time and effort.

Saw somethin interesting today...

A big pile of new PS3 and 360 games on the counter...sales associate was telling his girlfriend? (lol just guessing) that he had to pull these and get them repriced...

Sorry, could not read the titles but did see Blaze Blue collectors in the stack...
were there some more notable drops today?

Please note - Store had all the ones mentioned recently priced correctly on the shelf ... these were new titles ...

[quote name='deletion']is ghostbuters still selling for 19.99?[/QUOTE] I went to GC on monday. Ghostbusters for both PS3 and 360 were still 19.99 and Bionic Commando was either $20 or 25 I think. Prototype was $20 only on 360 they had ps3 but it was $50.

Just curious since my gc are closing and have NOTHING, would these games be the same price(new) at hollywood video?

who wants to get me prototype and ghostbusters, new of course!! would be greatly appreciated!! could do paypal or trade - have target clearence games! pm me!

[quote name='polo14player']who wants to get me prototype and ghostbusters, new of course!! would be greatly appreciated!! could do paypal or trade - have target clearence games! pm me![/QUOTE]

ps3 or xbox--not sure if i can-( since i dont know if my game crazy is already closed--but just to make sure for others.

[quote name='donut']Hey scorch, thanks for all your time and effort.

Saw somethin interesting today...

A big pile of new PS3 and 360 games on the counter...sales associate was telling his girlfriend? (lol just guessing) that he had to pull these and get them repriced...

Sorry, could not read the titles but did see Blaze Blue collectors in the stack...
were there some more notable drops today?

Please note - Store had all the ones mentioned recently priced correctly on the shelf ... these were new titles ...[/QUOTE]

Yeah i saw the same but sadly we will never know now if there is any good sale as it is the last week (i hope he got extension as well) for the great and helpful GC employee on CAG - Scorch. And with GC's no advertisement for such sales like even this one Prototype/ EA Sports there was no advertisement or anything. If it wasn't scorch we wouldn't have known about it... They have great sales but no advertising even on their damn site or e-mails....how do they expect to sell stuff that way !

Scorch did your store get extension till December?

Hey, I've got a question or two about the 30% trade boost promo for MVP (20% otherwise) to buy Borderlands this week.

First off, does anyone know if this is good for the PC version, or only the console versions? The PC version comes out on the 26th, so it would have to be a pre-order if it did I guess. Or does it even matter? Could I just buy a console version this week and return it next week in exchange for the PC version and not loose bonus credit?

[quote name='eau']How did you pm without presenting some tangible proof of sale from gamecrazy?[/QUOTE]

Had them call to verify it.

Edit: I can put a receipt scan up if you want...

[quote name='BLAZETIGER']Thanks Scorch. Passed up on some new Prototypes and opted to picking up 2 complete used copies. Traded in 2 Ski-Doos and 1 Digata Defenders for them.[/QUOTE]

digata dropped to $4.80/$6

Just wanna give thanks to the op for the heads up. I don't have any GC around where I live but luckly I'm visiting some friends who do. Thanks again.

I posted it in the other thread, but I guess I will post it in this one, too.. Ghostbusters went back up to $39.99 new/$34.99 used yesterday, 10/22. (360 version only, PS3 still $19.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CaptPete']Hey, I've got a question or two about the 30% trade boost promo for MVP (20% otherwise) to buy Borderlands this week.

First off, does anyone know if this is good for the PC version, or only the console versions? The PC version comes out on the 26th, so it would have to be a pre-order if it did I guess. Or does it even matter? Could I just buy a console version this week and return it next week in exchange for the PC version and not loose bonus credit?[/QUOTE]

Well, I answered my own question by going out there.

Anyway, the guy at the store seemed to think that it would work with the PC version, but apparently they would only have gotten them if someone pre-ordered it. =(

I think that I had some sort of brain malfunction since I ended up doing the trade-in deal anyway, mostly because I wanted to get my trades in before the damned things dropped any more (PS3 X-Blades dropped to $14 overnight and PS3 Rise of the Argonauts to $13.50). Of course, after he'd checked them and completed just about everything it turned out that that they didn't have a 360 version. Still suffering from some sort of mental malfunction, I got the PS3 one and will have to come back to exchange it later. =(

Oh well, at least Ghostbusters for the PS3 was still $19.99/17.99, so I picked up one of those (360 version was 39.99).

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Sadly, the last GC in Columbus, OH at Morse and Karl road is closed. :([/QUOTE]

No theres one on east broad street, I went to it yesterday to get proto.

I called the only Gamecrazy in my area that is staying open and they want a print out of the ad to offer that price. I signed up for the newsletter but havent received it yet. Can anyone post a jpg screen shot of the ad so I can print it out?

@frisby,

I called the GC nearest to me and the kid who answered told me the price went up again for proto. After that I called the 2nd nearest GC and they said they have it for $20.

My copy has a sticker price of $19.9 on it.

I don't know if this is in any advertisement of any form.

[quote name='Scorch']I posted it in the other thread, but I guess I will post it in this one, too.. Ghostbusters went back up to $39.99 new/$34.99 used yesterday, 10/22.[/QUOTE]

Huh, this must be the one time GC's slow price up-date in-store helped me... I just bought Ghostbusters (PS3) brand new for $19.99 last evening after work. I asked about a used copy and was told it's $17.99 but $2 more for a sealed copy sold it for me.

[quote name='frisbeekid311']I called the only Gamecrazy in my area that is staying open and they want a print out of the ad to offer that price. I signed up for the newsletter but havent received it yet. Can anyone post a jpg screen shot of the ad so I can print it out?[/QUOTE]

There is no ad. Call 1-8-Speak-To-Us and talk to customer service and tell them you want the game at the sale price but they're not honoring it. The game rings up at $19.99.

Forgot to mention it, but it was only the 360 version that went back up in price. There is no "slow price update in-store". That doesn't even make sense. It updates for everyone at the same time every night.

OP
YouDaManJesus.jpg

Picked up all 3. Sister wanted both wii games for her birthday but I got her wii sports resort instead. Now I got christmas done for her! Prototype I've been waiting for the $20 price and finally got it.

I asked the kid and he was like nahhh man it's $50 and I asked him to check and he was like oh Sh*t!

Ahhhh how I love this site.

[quote name='destro4eva']Is Prototype still $20?[/QUOTE]

i think i read somewhere that the sell is going until 11/1.

anyone get this prototype deal in st louis? I am gonna run buy one store tomorrow night. Just curious if anyone around me has been able to get prototype for 20 bucks or if it's still going on tomorrow.

Thanks

[quote name='frisbeekid311']I called the only Gamecrazy in my area that is staying open and they want a print out of the ad to offer that price. I signed up for the newsletter but havent received it yet. Can anyone post a jpg screen shot of the ad so I can print it out?[/QUOTE]

I signed up over a week ago for it too...looks like another gamecrazy internet Phail.

bread's done
Back