New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

Hmm, I see it's showing a different set of faceplates now but still I just want plain white. I wonder if spray paint will work on these or if they will flex so much it will crack and peel? Still I don't know if I could bring myself to spray over these rare faceplates that come with this bundle. Guess I'll just hold off in hopes of the new 3ds coming buy itself for $179.99. Still happy with my old launch 3ds as far as that goes.

Sold. Waffled last time since I have the last one that came out and really don't need another one, but I talked to a buddy of mine and am selling him mine for face value so the upgrade cost to me will be minimal. This is the design I would have preferred in the first place so I've got to get it.

Hmm, I see it's showing a different set of faceplates now but still I just want plain white. I wonder if spray paint will work on these or if they will flex so much it will crack and peel? Still I don't know if I could bring myself to spray over these rare faceplates that come with this bundle.
Try Plasti-dip, it's like a rubber spray paint. Peels off if you don't like it. For sale at Lowes & Home Depot. Can be used to paint all types of stuff.

Here's a video of someone spraying their PS4 Hard drive. cover.https://youtu.be/lKiMzT_haMY

I just searched "3DS Plates" and got the whole selection basically. Also try checking with Prime as a search option, seems like cheap plates are popping up randomly occasionally. I nabbed 2 for 13-15$ last night

Apparently they are still in stock, only 1 or 2 left though

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NAW5VGS?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJYFS7S?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

Nevermind I'm an idiot, different sellers around the same price. Weird they all have Prime shipping though....

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa! The motherlode, so much for wanting just one....thanks, er, I think.... :D/
Yeah...I'm already feeling the addiction. The only other expensive plates I can see myself buying at the moment are the Pokemon ORAS and Smash Bros ones. Other than that I'll just be sniping some cheap ones for a while and possibly pre-ordering new ones before the prices jack up. (I got the Yoshi ones over on a Foreign Amazon)

Can anyone explain to me Gamestop's pre-authorization process? I already have $50 in my statement, and I paid the rest with GC. I got a pending charge of $50, and I'm wondering if it will go away after a few days (or not). 

Try Plasti-dip, it's like a rubber spray paint. Peels off if you don't like it. For sale at Lowes & Home Depot. Can be used to paint all types of stuff.

Here's a video of someone spraying their PS4 Hard drive. cover.https://youtu.be/lKiMzT_haMY
Thanks so much for making me aware of this stuff. I've been watching videos on it & am surprised I never had seen or heard of it since I'm always doing painting projects. This is definitely the way to go on the animal crossing faceplates because I know if I ever decide to sell them I can just peel this stuff right off. Really neat.

Can anyone explain to me Gamestop's pre-authorization process? I already have $50 in my statement, and I paid the rest with GC. I got a pending charge of $50, and I'm wondering if it will go away after a few days (or not).
In store I'm assuming? You put $50 down as a deposit so the pending charge will be authorized and go towards the price of the preorder. They aren't like Best Buy where they pend a charge to verify funds you're actually paying that $50 upfront.

Thanks so much for making me aware of this stuff. I've been watching videos on it & am surprised I never had seen or heard of it since I'm always doing painting projects. This is definitely the way to go on the animal crossing faceplates because I know if I ever decide to sell them I can just peel this stuff right off. Really neat.
It works great on car parts and drum sticks too!

Yeah...I'm already feeling the addiction. The only other expensive plates I can see myself buying at the moment are the Pokemon ORAS and Smash Bros ones. Other than that I'll just be sniping some cheap ones for a while and possibly pre-ordering new ones before the prices jack up. (I got the Yoshi ones over on a Foreign Amazon)
Great starting price at least

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Nintendo-3DS-Coverplate-Sapphire/dp/B00SKQYA84/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1441900893&sr=1-1&keywords=Cover+Plates+3ds

A shame so many of the cover plates don't have Prime shipping, though its understandable since a good chunk of them are shipping right out of Japan.

A shame so many of the cover plates don't have Prime shipping, though its understandable since a good chunk of them are shipping right out of Japan.
Yeah, maybe more people will get in on selling them regionally with the N3DS finally launching here.

Damn you, now I have to buy more things. Still won't arrive till October 8th, but its way cheaper than everything else I have seen

I want to buy two Aqua Blue PS Vitas. Not even for scalping either. The Gamestop website won't let me add two to cart. Am I screwed?

You know that zelda console is selling like garbage if they had to remove the game to sell units. The initial hype buyers have purchased... then they still had a lot left.

EDIT: I guess I should say it's back in stock at GameStop without the bundle for $200... if you didn't get that by my post.

silly question, but is there only one new 3ds model in Japan?  as in every new 3ds is identical aside from the faceplates?

also do all official faceplates have same msrp in Japan?

I really should have looked into importing some months ago

I want to buy two Aqua Blue PS Vitas. Not even for scalping either. The Gamestop website won't let me add two to cart. Am I screwed?
Did you try preordering one online and one in store? Not sure if they are currently able to be ordered in store but it may be worth a try.

In store I'm assuming? You put $50 down as a deposit so the pending charge will be authorized and go towards the price of the preorder. They aren't like Best Buy where they pend a charge to verify funds you're actually paying that $50 upfront.
Oh okay! The only issue is that in my statement, I already had paid $50 when I first preordered it. The pending charge is an additional charge of $50 that happened yesterday (even though I paid it off in full)... Hopefully that just goes off my statement or I'll have to talk to GS

thanks op, i placed my order and got an email so hopefully it ships. do they charge you immediately or when it ships? through paypal?

I would wait a couple of days to see what happens to the pending status. I know I've had weird things pending on my credit cards for about a month before they disappeared. I would definitely call the CC company if it moved in to a real charge though.

Also, I preordered the Hyrule edition a couple days back. This will be an upgrade for my onyx DS lite although after going to gamestop yesterday to see the size of the XL, i'm not convinced the XL's size is better for me than the regular new 3ds. Hm  :whistle2:#

Sweet! Question for you though: if I place an order on Amazon UK to have it delivered to the US, is the shipping really free? Or are there some random customs charges I have to pay when the UPS guy shows up?

Anyone have experience with importing from the UK?

I've never paid customs fees for importing stuff either, and that includes anything from $5 to $500, and I'm imported from France, England, Germany, Spain, Japan, and probably places I forgot about.

Sweet! Question for you though: if I place an order on Amazon UK to have it delivered to the US, is the shipping really free? Or are there some random customs charges I have to pay when the UPS guy shows up?

Anyone have experience with importing from the UK?
Nah its not free shipping. But no customs either. In total I paid like 34$ for this and the Pokemon ORAS faceplate with the 2nd fastest shipping option. Would have been like 4$ cheaper with the slowest but I need it to arrive before I move.

Should be arriving around the 28th-30th. I have imported a few other things from Amazon UK and no surprise charges either.

Got the AC bundle preordered for my daughter. I made a promise to upgrade her 2DS when the N3DS came out. Still hoping to buy through either Amazon or Target though.

jOPX74A.png

Placed this order today. I eventually want to pick up the Kirby cover plate, and possibly the solid Teal-colored plate, but otherwise that's more or less everything I want. I'll probably order the Kirby plate from Amazon at some point in the future since most of them ship free. (But take almost a month to arrive.)

jOPX74A.png

Placed this order today. I eventually want to pick up the Kirby cover plate, and possibly the solid Teal-colored plate, but otherwise that's more or less everything I want. I'll probably order the Kirby plate from Amazon at some point in the future since most of them ship free. (But take almost a month to arrive.)
Ordered on US Amazon? Or UK?

Would have gotten the Screen Protector there, but I already placed a backorder with AmiAmi

Cancelled my Gamestop preorder of the AC New 3DS system bundle and reordered through Amazon.

bread's done
Back