New 3DS Animal Crossing Edition/New 3DS XL Hyrule Gold Edition, & Aqua Blue Vita @ GS

Now I'm tempted to jump back to GS for the ACHHD bundle w/ these gift card deals. Plus, I just got shipping confirmation from Amazon and the system won't arrive until Tues even w/ Amazon Prime.
did you get the release date delivery email from amazon a few days back? curious as mine is still scheduled for friday, despite not shipping yet, then again, I live 3-6 hours away from 3 different amazon shipping centers.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you get the release date delivery email from amazon a few days back? curious as mine is still scheduled for friday, despite not shipping yet, then again, I live 3-6 hours away from 3 different amazon shipping centers.
I never got the release date delivery email. I pre-ordered on the 17th too.

amazon.png

WOW... :wall:

amazon.png

WOW... :wall:
so your rep focused on:

This item will be released on September 25, 2015.
Pre-order now.
and ignored:

Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Order within 7 hrs 38 mins and choose FREE Two-Day Shipping at checkout.
which is literally right below it! then disconnected the chat? i have had chats with amazon reps sit idle for more than 5 minutes (granted, they were more expensive items being purchased).

Hopefully Target keeps these in stock. Ordered 2 $100 gcs from Ebay 2 days ago... Unfortunately they are physical gcs...

Just bought two $50 GS gift card from eBay. Gives $10 extra for free when buying right now. So two $60 GS gift cards to use on Friday when I pick up the system.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Buy-a-50-GameStop-Gift-Card-Get-a-Free-10-Code-60-Total-Value-/281802861316?_trkparms=%26rpp_cid%3D55fad74ee4b016b5ce65f930%26rpp_icid%3D55fe1357e4b09795549b7f6a
Thanks for the heads up. I was planning on redeeming $50 to $100 of my Paypal cash via the Paypal gift card store but this is even better.

Anyone recommend the fastest and easiest way to move everything from a 3DS XL to the N3DS? Also, when it comes to downloaded games I'm assuming I'll have to re-download them on the new system or am I wrong?

Anyone recommend the fastest and easiest way to move everything from a 3DS XL to the N3DS? Also, when it comes to downloaded games I'm assuming I'll have to re-download them on the new system or am I wrong?
A system transfer should take care of it. There should be instructions online, just Google 3DS system transfer. Then make sure you also move your SD card from the old system to the new one so you don't have to download any of your games again.

A system transfer should take care of it. There should be instructions online, just Google 3DS system transfer. Then make sure you also move your SD card from the old system to the new one so you don't have to download any of your games again.
I was thinking about going to a 64GB micro sd card instead of the 32GB one it has. Looks like I'll just let the systems sit here at work to transfer. I had heard that doing that though was a pain in the ass though. Wondering if that ever got fixed.

If you want to upgrade your SD card, do the system transfer first with the old SD card.  Then once that is complete, transfer all your stuff from the old SD card to a new one by using your computer as an intermediary (Google memory card transfer instructions as well, it's very easy to do).

I did my last system transfer about 2 years ago but yeah, it was a long process if I remember.

I was thinking about going to a 64GB micro sd card instead of the 32GB one it has. Looks like I'll just let the systems sit here at work to transfer. I had heard that doing that though was a pain in the ass though. Wondering if that ever got fixed.
was thinking the same, since i grabbed a few 64GB cards at $17 each last week. Since deliveries for me are normally no later than 2pm, i was going to let them transfer at work for 3 hours then go home and play!

was thinking the same, since i grabbed a few 64GB cards at $17 each last week. Since deliveries for me are normally no later than 2pm, i was going to let them transfer at work for 3 hours then go home and play!
I found the video of how they said not to do the wireless transfer. The process is really bad. Starts at the 4:50 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16nCxz_egOE

I just sent my new 3ds xL red to nintendo to repair a stuck pixel, I got tired of that.

Anyway, you can do wireless transfer only if you have no large games. I only had zelda 4 swords on my old system  and it took almost 1 hour to transfer. 

If you have any games, do not do wireless transfer

I did the wireless transfer (as I wasn't aware of other way) several times to consolidate preinstalled games :cry: I still have one more non N3DS with a preinstalled game I have yet to transfer.  Then I can really move to the N3DS!

I'm hoping the AC N3DS stays in stock for at least another month.

I'm hoping the AC N3DS stays in stock for at least another month.
I'd say you have a 50/50 chance. I would think they would have produced extra qty to carry through the holidays, but where NoA is involved, anything is possible. I would recommend getting it ASAP.

I'd say you have a 50/50 chance. I would think they would have produced extra qty to carry through the holidays, but where NoA is involved, anything is possible. I would recommend getting it ASAP.
Feels more likely this one would sell out and they'd release a standard N3DS than this one to stay in stock that long. Especially being a whole new model than the other released ones.

Hell its NoA though. They could be like "Lolnaw, thats the only N3DS release ever"

i think demand of this version would dictate if the US will get anything else, like faceplates and base models. at the same time, how many custom bundles like this last longer than a month or 2?

i think demand of this version would dictate if the US will get anything else, like faceplates and base models. at the same time, how many custom bundles like this last longer than a month or 2?
Depends. Its super random. Some have lasted that long on shelves but are still fairly hard to track down by then. But anything with Zelda on it seems to go like hot cakes, and anything considered niche (Like Fire Emblem).

I hope it sells well, as I would like them to actually release some Face Plates/merchandise here. But I can't help but feel like Nintendo goofed hard by not releasing at the same time. Seems like at this point anyone interested would have jumped on one of the Special XL models when they launched.

exactly, launching both units at the same time would have been smart. Yeah, nintendo le availability tends to be all over the place, more so than any one le for anything else. 

I didn't pick up a n3ds xl as I didn't want an XL model, and I know others that haven't as well. the smaller size works best for me AND fits in my camera bag! Also,  I don't really want to have to import all the face plates I want. I would also like some blank face plates to let a friend go nuts customizing it :)

They would be so smart to release blank plates to do that, but sadly it seems like White is the closest you can get. (If they even sell those officially?)

Some of the customs I have seen are awesome (And stupidly expensive)

I put protective cases on everything. I wonder if they have a Hori protective case that fits over the face plates on the new 3ds. System transfer is not an issue for me since I keep my systems. The problem I run into is remembering which system has which particular games. My original 3ds has Ambassador Program games. I may do a system transfer to AC 3ds since that one is now long in the tooth. New 3ds XL Zelda has 64 gig and should probably swap that into new 3ds.

After speaking w/ three Amazon Customer Reps, I was finally able to get them to ship the ACHHD Bundle w/ "FREE" one-day shipping (arriving on release day). It only took me wanting to cancel the order to get things sorted out. Definitely a hassle but my daughter will be more than excited so I guess it was worth the additional effort.

After speaking w/ three Amazon Customer Reps, I was finally able to get them to ship the ACHHD Bundle w/ "FREE" one-day shipping (arriving on release day). It only took me wanting to cancel the order to get things sorted out. Definitely a hassle but my daughter will be more than excited so I guess it was worth the additional effort.
Glad to hear that you were able to sort it out. Still don't get how it was so tough for them to deliver on release day when they are promoting it.

I'm debating if I want to sell the download game code or not

Definitely a hassle but my daughter will be more than excited so I guess it was worth the additional effort.
Parenting done right!!

I plan to sell mine... and the included face plates :) never been an animal crossing fan, so i'm grabbing this literally for a US non XL new 3DS

now the only thing that irks me is that i could drive to the current UPS warehouse where mine is and drive back before morning, but UPS will probably sit on it till Friday morning

Parenting done right!!

I plan to sell mine... and the included face plates :) never been an animal crossing fan, so i'm grabbing this literally for a US non XL new 3DS
I'm getting the game from Best Buy, but not sure if anyone will actually buy a download code for the game. I figure sell it at the GCU rate and it should be good. Not trying to make it rich or anything.

Glad to hear that you were able to sort it out. Still don't get hour it was so tough for them to deliver on release day when they are promoting it.

Thanks! Yea, I still find the whole situation awkward. I'm leaning toward selling the download game code and picking up a physical copy of the game to keep the collection consistant for her. I'm sure she won't care but my OCD does. XD

Thanks! Yea, I still find the whole situation awkward. I'm leaning toward selling the download game code and picking up a physical copy of the game to keep the collection consistant for her. I'm sure she won't care but my OCD does. XD
My son would actually prefer evey game digital if he could, because he's to lazy to actually switch out the carts. LOL

But with him being young, there is a greater chance of his system breaking, and I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get "N" to replace software with their very broke account system.

My son would actually prefer evey game digital if he could, because he's to lazy to actually switch out the carts. LOL

But with him being young, there is a greater chance of his system breaking, and I don't want to go through the hassle of trying to get "N" to replace software with their very broke account system.
Exactly. Until Nintendo's account system improves, I feel better off getting her a physical copy of games.

Lol, there were a good 150+ people at mine. I thought I could cruise in around 11:50 and leave at 12:05ish, nope. Left around 12:30. So many people doing last minute trades and just being shady apparently.

Got my system and Retro 3 pack though, gonna crack it open after I eat, though I checked and sadly no pre-installed white plates.

Lol, there were a good 150+ people at mine. I thought I could cruise in around 11:50 and leave at 12:05ish, nope. Left around 12:30. So many people doing last minute trades and just being shady apparently.

Got my system and Retro 3 pack though, gonna crack it open after I eat, though I checked and sadly no pre-installed white plates.
Is the game a code or pre-installed?

Its a code. Selling mine, I have zero interest in this game. Also a bit sad the Plates didn't come in containers like the import ones, they are just in plastic baggies.

Also I wish Nintendo did this for all the bundles....I hate pre-installed games. Gonna have to rebuy a copy of MH4 since I'm transferring off that system

Its a code. Selling mine, I have zero interest in this game. Also a bit sad the Plates didn't come in containers like the import ones, they are just in plastic baggies.

Also I wish Nintendo did this for all the bundles....I hate pre-installed games. Gonna have to rebuy a copy of MH4 since I'm transferring off that system
Preinstalled games don't transfer when you do a system transfer?

Didn't think so? I assumed they were locked into the system, I didn't think they got added to your E-Shop downloads. Though the MH4 Console is the first one I had with a preinstalled game.
"Pre-installed games are stored on the SDHC Card or microSDHC Card included with the system. This means that a portion of the available space will be taken up by the pre-installed game. If you choose to delete the content off the SDHC Card or microSDHC card, such as during a system transfer, the pre-installed game will be available for redownload from the target system's Nintendo eShop after the transfer has been completed."

I'll keep digging

Didn't think so? I assumed they were locked into the system, I didn't think they got added to your E-Shop downloads. Though the MH4 Console is the first one I had with a preinstalled game.
If i'm not mistaken you can transfer those pre installed games you just have to have made your account on that system properly when you set it up and it could be either added to an existing account or made sure it gets added to a new one.

plan to sell mine as well as the face plates :) a few people seem to be doing the same

i thought you could transfer, BUT only the license and you still have to redownload it, but could be WAY wrong. To the google/bing/yahoo/search engine of choice

I found this on Nintendo's page, so apparently it is transferred? I sure as hell did not know that, I guess I brought that 40$ E-Shop card for nothing lol (Guess I'll grab LBX or something)

• Pre-installed games (Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, etc.) are treated as a standard Nintendo eShop game license. The license will be on the target system once the transfer is complete.

<p>

I found this on Nintendo's page, so apparently it is transferred? I sure as hell did not know that, I guess I brought that 40$ E-Shop card for nothing lol (Guess I'll grab LBX or something)

• Pre-installed games (Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, etc.) are treated as a standard Nintendo eShop game license. The license will be on the target system once the transfer is complete.
Was just going to post this. Looks like you're good to go. Next game after this for me is Tri-Force Heroes. Also if you don't mind, PM how much you get offered for the game. Still debating if I should keep the download code or still go with the cartridge version and sell the code.

You guys must be in major cities. The guy at Gamestop called me about 11 pm and asked if I was still coming in tonight, since they said he could leave when NBA was finished if no one asked about the Nintendo stuff. I showed up about 11:40 (stopped by WalMart since I seen earlier they already had the amiibo cards out.) and he had one other guy come in for NBA about 11:45. I got my system and poster and was out the door by 12:02.

The amiibo card with the system was Kapp'n, and the three packs I bought at WM had Tom Nook, Lottie, and Sable.

You guys must be in major cities. The guy at Gamestop called me about 11 pm and asked if I was still coming in tonight, since they said he could leave when NBA was finished if no one asked about the Nintendo stuff. I showed up about 11:40 (stopped by WalMart since I seen earlier they already had the amiibo cards out.) and he had one other guy come in for NBA about 11:45. I got my system and poster and was out the door by 12:02.

The amiibo card with the system was Kapp'n, and the three packs I bought at WM had Tom Nook, Lottie, and Sable.

Also surprised they didnt release any accessories. In retrospect I wish I had imported more than 1 pack of screen protectors....I just know I'm gonna screw up putting them on but thought the pack had 2 of each in it.

bread's done
Back