New 3DS - US Price prediction/release date

scarhawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
What do you guys think the New 3DS/3DS XL will cost cost in the US. And how much do you think it will cost?

I'm thinking of buying a 2DS with MK7 right now and getting a new 3DS a little after it releases and goes on sale or something. There's just so many games for the system that spark my interest.

My guess is March 20th or 27th to line up with the 3DS's fourth bday in the US and $169/$199 for regular and XL respectively.

I imagine Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and possibly Majora's Mask 3D will launch alongside it.

Personally I'm hoping for February but I sincerely doubt it. And $149/$179. 3DS sales will continue to spiral downward unless NIntendo prices it closer to 2DS.

Yeah $169/$199 sounds about right to me. Australia got it for $219/$249. The 2DS right now really seems to be the best choice especially considering that it's so much cheaper and the 3D is pretty lackluster on the current models. The good thing I heard about the new 3DS is that the 3D is much better at tracking your movements though so that's nice to hear.

2DS $100 with Free Game

3DS XL will be $149.99

NEW 3DS $169.99

NEW 3DS XL $199.99

It'll be Cheaper by Black Friday next year ;)

Friday, March 27th or Sunday, March 29th.  Nintendo usually releases a high-profile game or two leading up to Easter, which is April 5th next year, so I expect the nearest Friday or Sunday is most likely.  If Majora's Mask releases alongside it, I will buy it day one.  I already own Xenoblade, so that re-release holds less appeal.

the New 3DS XL was confirmed to have same resolution as the New 3DS right?  don't know why the larger screens are the same res.  gonna debate which to get.  who thinks Nintendo will have LEs for both version as well?

I don't follow Nintendo much.. so sorry to revive an older thread, I just see much info out there.

Thinking of buying one of the New 3DS consoles, but for me the XL version is too big for my taste. Has there been any street date for the smaller New 3DS yet? 

I couldn't find any mention of the console on Nintendo's site, not even a coming soon mention..  all of their 3DS info is about the 3DS XL.

[quote name="Thebacklash" post="12481175" timestamp="1423424514"]I don't follow Nintendo much.. so sorry to revive an older thread, I just see much info out there.

Thinking of buying one of the New 3DS consoles, but for me the XL version is too big for my taste. Has there been any street date for the smaller New 3DS yet?
I couldn't find any mention of the console on Nintendo's site, not even a coming soon mention.. all of their 3DS info is about the 3DS XL.[/quote] The only model coming out is the NEW XL.

The only model coming out is the NEW XL.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-3ds/New_Nintendo_3DS

NEW 3DS XL feb 13th......

NEW 3DS.... still no US release date announced. But it HAS been released outside NA. (you can buy it on Amazon, but JP region locked)

So yes, there ARE 2 models. One smaller and has faceplates, the other the XL version with no faceplates.

It's an older link, but I was just wondering if there was any more info out there as to *when* a NA release date would be.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-3ds/New_Nintendo_3DS

NEW 3DS XL feb 13th......

NEW 3DS.... still no US release date announced. But it HAS been released outside NA. (you can buy it on Amazon, but JP region locked)

So yes, there ARE 2 models. One smaller and has faceplates, the other the XL version with no faceplates.

It's an older link, but I was just wondering if there was any more info out there as to *when* a NA release date would be.
Oh yes, I know there are two models, but the only one coming out to NA is the XL model.

The regular ''NEW" 3DS will not come to America, apparently.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nintendo-on-why-it-isnt-selling-the-standard-new-3ds-in-north-america/

Nintendo finally confirmed the New 3DS for the west today. However, unlike Europe, North America won’t be receiving the standard/smaller New 3DS system that features cover plates. Consumers in the region will only have the option to purchase the New 3DS XL.

As for why this is so, Nintendo of America told Kotaku:
Different territories make their own business decisions regarding individual products and timing. We think New Nintendo 3DS XL makes the most sense for our market. Nintendo makes different systems at different price points for a whole range of consumers, and New Nintendo 3DS XL simply expands those choices even further.

When asked if Nintendo of America will ever release the standard New 3DS, the company said: “We have nothing to announce at this time.”

bread's done
Back