New 60GB PS3 - 444.99 Shipped

stimutax

CAGiversary!
Greetings all. Thought this deal was worth bringing to your collective attention. I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster, and I'm also a contented 360 owner, but I caved and ordered one, and I've no doubt they'll go quickly. I was a bit worried about the seller's lack of reviews, but PriceGrabber insures all their Storefront purchases up to $500, so there's little to lose. Cheers.

THIS SALE IS A SCAM!

Tempting (showing up at $429.99 now), but I'm not sure about doing business with an unknown company that I can find no information on, especially one using a free/public e-mail address. Hope it works out for you, and let us now if it does.

The "company" has a Southern California area code (Long Beach and surrounding cities). A CAG located in the area could definitely check it out in person.

[quote name='paean']Not as good as the $350 deal at SonyStyles store.....[/QUOTE]

Not everybody qualified for it.

hmmm this sounds good, imma wait and see how the deal goes for the OP and i might be able to go visit them cuz long beach isnt too far from here...

Thanks for the helpful responses. I just received the USPS tracking number, and I'll let you all know how it goes. I realize it looks a little fishy, (I thought so too), but nothing ventured nothing gained, right?

[quote name='mykevermin']If that's his eBay account, he's no longer registered there. IMO, a loud "ABANDON SHIP!" call is in order.[/QUOTE]
not to mention that he had two repeat buyers on his comments. Seems unlikely you'd get 2 in 9 orders.

USPS has "Received Electronic Shipping Info", but I'm holding my breath until I get confirmation that the item has physically shipped. I'll keep you updated.

Hope you get it, OP. I probably would have jumped on this but I just can't afford this especially with Christmas season coming up.

You'd think I'd learn. I was actually ripped off on eBay when I first bought a PS2, and it'll be rather poetic if I'm defrauded on my PS3 purchase as well. I still have a glimmer of hope, but I'll admit I'm mighty worried. At least I have complete records of my order...

Yea man, I'm hoping that you get it. If you don't, I'm hoping you're able to get your money back. The best of luck to you bro.

[quote name='stimutax']You'd think I'd learn. I was actually ripped off on eBay when I first bought a PS2, and it'll be rather poetic if I'm defrauded on my PS3 purchase as well. I still have a glimmer of hope, but I'll admit I'm mighty worried. At least I have complete records of my order...[/QUOTE]

I think you'll be alright. Proly a used one at worst.

man it sucks that you cant trust people these days but that deal did sound way too good to be true. youd be better off buying one from someone on cag so far all of the people ive dealt with are legit and though i know some people have been scammed here it doesnt seem like it happens often.

This was a scam waiting to happen. Saving $50 + tax isn't worth taking a chance with this.

I'd suggest talking with PG now, as well as the USPS.

I like to think on the light side of things, maybe he isn't responding because he's currently playing it.

And if not for the love of God get your money back or actually recieve shipment.

I'm blown away by how positive the members of this forum are - it's rare to find so many concerned people anywhere, let alone in an online forum.

That said, it's been a week and still no PS3. I've e-mailed the guy twice and both times he responded promptly in clean, well-spoken English, which I take to be a good sign. In the last message he apologized for the delay and offered to ship me another unit via next-day air, and he would then pay for the costs to ship the other one back. These actions don't seem to be those of someone who's out to scam people, as I was under the impression that they typically cut-and-run once the money is sent, but perhaps that's wishful thinking. He said I should have it by Saturday, or Monday "guaranteed".

Dude, it's a trap. You'll be hearing the same thing week after week until the guy disappears. Your money is already gone by now.

The best cons are nice.

Exactly, the best con play it nice. Say they'll pay for shipping. Etc Etc. Bump you up to next day for free. That costs money, a lot of money to ship next day. And unless he has a huge business that can take that kind of hit, it's a scam. Sadly I would know personally.

Thought I'd give this story an ending...

EDIT: Money refunded. No worries.

Fortunately, I was able to nab another 60GB PS3 with 2 controllers from eBay for $450 shipped, so even after this whole ordeal I still came out a bit ahead. Now I can look forward to it collecting dust next to my 360 while I play BioShock. Hooray.

bread's done
Back