New $780 Sony 3D "cyclops" visors OUT NOW in Japan

I don't see the price as ridiculous as long as the quality is good. 750 inch 3d TV for one .... I wanna try

the tech digest review mentioned their only 720p, though said they looked good. Anyways I've always found headsets to be a immersive experience, too much of one in fact. I'd always like to be aware of whats really going on around me and even the crappy headsets at theme parks were able to take that away.

Great idea as always and a cool little thing to splurge on, but totally not for me.

This is something that looks really interesting and could be something that I end up buying in the future if I have enough money. But I would definitely need to try out a test model for something like this to make sure it's worth it.

My biggest concern would be the discomfort of having a weighted object strapped on your face. It doesn't look like it's counterbalanced in the back, so I wonder how comfortable it would be sitting upright using it.

[quote name='blindinglights']My biggest concern would be the discomfort of having a weighted object strapped on your face. It doesn't look like it's counterbalanced in the back, so I wonder how comfortable it would be sitting upright using it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Even something as light as 1 lb. would be straining your neck after a 2 hour movie. Plus, as weird as it sounds, I like watching movies with other people a lot of the time and not by myself. Finally, with young kids in the house it isn't safe to be completely engrossed in something like this. It's a neat idea in theory but I think in practice it will leave a lot to be desired.

Yeah, I dont think I want to be completely shut off from the world at any time. I wouldnt think anyone could watch movies with these on unless lying down. I would think at most this is good for 15 minutes at a time. Weight and having sight and sound cutoff from the world sounds like an iffy proposition to me.

bread's done
Back