New Amazon rules for sellers - payment after shipment

thelonepig

CAGiversary!
Feedback
530 (100%)
I just noticed this earlier today after selling a game on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?ie=UTF8&nodeId=200340860

Charge When Ship Overview

Charge When Ship FAQ
Charge When Ship is an easy way to process orders and keep buyers informed about shipments, providing the best customer experience possible. Here's how it works:

1. When you ship an order, you confirm the shipment and provide shipping information.
  2. We display the shipping information in the buyer's Amazon account, and we also send the buyer an e-mail notification with all of the shipping information.
  3. As long as you confirm that the order was properly shipped, you will be paid in accordance with the Marketplace Participation Agreement. We charge the buyer after you confirm shipment (rather than when the buyer places the order), and then we credit your Marketplace Payments account. Of course, just as now, there may be circumstances where payment may later need to be refunded, for example when the buyer does not receive the order, or it is not as described.
cws_flow_520px_ii.png
Benefits of Charge When Ship

• Buyers contact sellers less often if they know when and how an order was shipped. They especially appreciate tracking information. We provide the shipping details to the buyer once you ship the order and confirm the shipment through Manage Orders or a feed.
  • Informed buyers are happier buyers; happier buyers leave better feedback ratings.
  • If you are unable to ship an order, you can cancel it instead of confirming shipment; we won't charge the buyer and you won't have to issue a refund.
  • You can easily tell which orders you have not yet confirmed as shipped, and we'll also send you an e-mail reminder if an order remains unshipped past the promised ship date.
Check out our short Charge When Ship video and 14-minute recorded webinar.
If you have not yet signed up for Charge When Ship, you'll see a yellow sign-up notice on the Manage Orders page in your Seller Account. To get started, click the "Sign up now" link in that notice.

This isn't too bad. Its just to keep everything cohesive. All you have to do is click a couple of buttons that say you shipped it and the money is in your account like normal. I started using it already.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='fmills15']This isn't too bad. Its just to keep everything cohesive. All you have to do is click a couple of buttons that say you shipped it and the money is in your account like normal. I starting using it already.[/QUOTE]

It's not a huge deal, but in my case I always request the money to get shipping funds. I won't be able to do that now.

I'm just curious what would happen if the buyer used an invalid or fake credit card number for the purchase. Since they technically don't get charged until you ship, will you be out of the item and the money?

[quote name='Josef']I'm just curious what would happen if the buyer used an invalid or fake credit card number for the purchase. Since they technically don't get charged until you ship, will you be out of the item and the money?[/QUOTE]
Amazon should preauthorize the withdrawal before even telling you it sold.

Yeah. They do take the money and put it on hold. It is immediately dispersed to you once you confirm shipping into your payments account. You could always say that you shipped it if you really need the money instantly. Just make sure you do ship it later and update it with a tracking number if needed.

This is a good thing ship them an empty box and run for the hills once amazon coughs up the money.

Just kidding obviously but this is a good thing for both sellers and buyers. It makes it more safe and will cut back on the people trying to do a quick scam over the internet.

I can see this leading to scams for the buyers to get sellers now...

Its like no one on the internet wants people selling stuff any more... I guess its more of a reason to support Chasethechuckwagon.com now.

bread's done
Back