New Batman title from Pandemic

deadite76

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
April 2, 2008 - Never one to turn down a good movie tie-in by way of a brand-new videogame, IGN has learned that EA has indeed tapped Pandemic to create a new Batman title. We first reported this as a strong rumor back in May of 2007, but now we know it's happening for sure.

Elevation Partners, who were owners of Pandemic and BioWare until the EA purchase, had gained the videogame rights to the franchise. We had rumored last year that EA would publish the title, but now that EA owns the aforementioned companies, the publishing aspect was a given.

Unfortunately, we don't have any specific platforms, a release date or even an official title, but given EA's history, we'd expect the game to be called The Dark Knight, released this July alongside the film, and hit just about every platform known to human kind.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/04/03/pandemic-working-on-batman-game/

Could we possibly be getting two good Batman games in one year?

That would be fantastic if so but EA is sort of spotty on their trackrecord of quality games even if pandemic and BioWares rep is really good it still makes me nervous. Secondly its likely a movie tie in game which means it stands a good chance of just being rushed :(.

[quote name='gobz']Every Batman/Superman game has let me down..

Superman 64 almost made me cry[/QUOTE]

Batman for the NES? Batman Returns for SNES? Say it isn't so.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Batman for the NES? Batman Returns for SNES? Say it isn't so.[/quote]

I agree, those where good

The first 2 NES Batman games were fantastic.

Hurray! Lets hope they don't use "The Batman" cartoon as the games style..., but the style of the 90's Batman cartoon show would kick so much ass!!!

I trust Pandemic to make a good game, Star Wars Battlefront II and the first Mercenaries didn't let me down.

eh...EA? hmmm...
How sweet would a batman beyond game be?

i used to worship that show growing up. then it got cancelled. :(

April 2, 2008 - Never one to turn down a good movie tie-in by way of a brand-new videogame, IGN has learned that EA has indeed tapped Pandemic to create a new Batman title. We first reported this as a strong rumor back in May of 2007, but now we know it's happening for sure.

Elevation Partners, who were owners of Pandemic and BioWare until the EA purchase, had gained the videogame rights to the franchise. We had rumored last year that EA would publish the title, but now that EA owns the aforementioned companies, the publishing aspect was a given.

Unfortunately, we don't have any specific platforms, a release date or even an official title, but given EA's history, we'd expect the game to be called The Dark Knight, released this July alongside the film, and hit just about every platform known to human kind.

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/04/03/pandemic-working-on-batman-game/

Could we possibly be getting two good Batman games in one year?

That would be fantastic if so but EA is sort of spotty on their trackrecord of quality games even if pandemic and BioWares rep is really good it still makes me nervous. Secondly its likely a movie tie in game which means it stands a good chance of just being rushed :(.

Batman for the NES? Batman Returns for SNES? Say it isn't so.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Batman for the NES? Batman Returns for SNES? Say it isn't so.[/quote]

I agree, those where good

The first 2 NES Batman games were fantastic.

Hurray! Lets hope they don't use "The Batman" cartoon as the games style..., but the style of the 90's Batman cartoon show would kick so much ass!!!

I trust Pandemic to make a good game, Star Wars Battlefront II and the first Mercenaries didn't let me down.

eh...EA? hmmm...
How sweet would a batman beyond game be?

i used to worship that show growing up. then it got cancelled. :(

[quote name='InuFaye']This is what is stopping Mercenaries 2: World in Frames?

DAMN IT.[/quote]
frick, when the heck is that comming out!

Mercenaries was beastly.

[quote name='InuFaye']This is what is stopping Mercenaries 2: World in Frames?

DAMN IT.[/QUOTE]

Is that the Japanese release?

bread's done
Back