New Best Buy Clearance Possibly YMMV

XymerFF

CAGiversary!
Hello Everyone

I just wanted to let everyone know that at the Olympia, WA Best Buy that they have several games on clearance. They are all marked with a dot and most of the discounts are about 50 percent off. Here is some of the stuff I could remember:

Kirby Canvas Curse - $19.99
Adavnced Wars Dual Strike - $19.99
Wild Arms 4 - $19.99
Karaoke Revolution Party (PS2)- $19.99

There were also lots of GBA games priced 5.99-10.99.

I really do think this deal is YMMV, because the discount is taken at the register.

dood! u sure??? i was in BB at the mall yesterday... i dont remember seeing that stuff, but i'll be sure to go back.

thanx much OP!

[quote name='sandrokstar']dood! u sure??? i was in BB at the mall yesterday... i dont remember seeing that stuff, but i'll be sure to go back.

thanx much OP![/QUOTE]

Usually the dot and 50% off clearance is on a store by store basis, so if you didn't see the games for those prices at your local BB, chances are that they are full price

[quote name='keithp']I think Wild Arms 4 is a greatest hit?[/QUOTE]

It's only been out a couple months and it sold poorly. I don't think so.

I saw Geist for GCN on clearance for $9.99 at Best Buy last night. Didn't see anything else on clearance though.

[quote name='XymerFF']Hello Everyone

I just wanted to let everyone know that at the Olympia, WA Best Buy that they have several games on clearance. They are all marked with a dot and most of the discounts are about 50 percent off. Here is some of the stuff I could remember:

Kirby Canvas Curse - $19.99
Adavnced Wars Dual Strike - $19.99
Wild Arms 4 - $19.99
Karaoke Revolution Party (PS2)- $19.99

There were also lots of GBA games priced 5.99-10.99.

I really do think this deal is YMMV, because the discount is taken at the register.[/QUOTE]

i heard that GBA section will be the first to go in the stores... so maybe your store needs room for new games and are clearning out the old junk

[quote name='slidecage']i heard that GBA section will be the first to go in the stores... so maybe your store needs room for new games and are clearning out the old junk[/QUOTE]

stores are getting rid of the gba section? that is a bit of a surprise, but i guess if the system is no longer getting supported, not much point in keeping them around

I don't see that happening. GBA still has a lot of games coming out and the games sell well. I think Gamecube will be the next section of games to go, just like in late 2001/early 2002 when Gameboy Color games still had a presence on shelves but N64 games were starting to get cleared out and basically dissapeared from the store shelves

Today, on the 21st, I found Geist for $9.99 and Metroid Pinball for $19.99 at BB. Those were the only two worth mentioning, though.

[quote name='slidecage']i heard that GBA section will be the first to go in the stores... so maybe your store needs room for new games and are clearning out the old junk[/QUOTE]
Wait? What?!?! They are no longer going to sell GBA games?

WTF is going on? This is the first I have heard of this nonsense! I mean, it better be nonsense. The GBA is quite nearly the most perfect system ever created.

Is the GBA being slowly phased out?

If this is true I'm going to go curl up in the closet and cry.

Wouldn't it make sense for the Xbox section to go out before the GameCube?

Xbox360 is already out, Revolution will come out in November.

But then again, the Playstation 1 section of games at my BB lasted forever. They finally got rid of it at the end of last year.

[quote name='dracula']stores are getting rid of the gba section? that is a bit of a surprise, but i guess if the system is no longer getting supported, not much point in keeping them around[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt say so, with Tales of Phantasia, Naruto and Drill Dozer all recently released, i would say nintendo has kept its promise of not pulling complete support from the system

[quote name='OGHowie']Hmmm, better check my BestBuy for Advance Wars DS[/QUOTE]

Ditto that. Wish I'd seen this yesterday when I was already there to pick up Tetris and Metroid.

Rise of the Kasai was only 5 bucks last time I went and you can still find Virtua Fighter 4:Evolution for $10. If any of you don't have VF4, go get it fast! It's easily the best (and hardest) fighting game of this generation.

Wild arms 4 was listed as 30 bucks in the Bestbuy on 42nd but I didnt take it to the register.

Interestingly enough, today I bought God of war (without the ugly GH lable) and Destroy all Humans and the cashier forgot to ring up my second game so I got two for one! (my receipt only lists god of war for 21.99 after tax.)

[quote name='keithp']I think Wild Arms 4 is a greatest hit?[/quote]

no way. i believe to become a greatest hit you need to sell at least 400,000 copies in six - nine months or something close to that.

i think it used to be nine and has now changed to six. wild arms 4 has been out for like 3 months and sold like 8 copies. hahaha. jk but it did sell very crappily. it also got crappy reviews.

bread's done
Back