New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Sale is Live Online Now (thanks YoshiFan1)! Limit 3 of each title I believe.

Just heard that BB is having a clearance sale starting 3/17. Games up for grabs will be

3DS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! - 9.99
3DS - Classic Games Overload - 7.99
3DS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 9.99
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - 9.99
3DS - Rabbids Rumble - 7.99
3DS - Rayman Origins - 7.99
3DS - The Trash Pack - 9.99
NDS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 7.99
NDS - Kirby Mass Attack - 7.99
NDS - Lego Ninjago Bundle - 9.99
PS3 - Battlfield Bad Company 2 Greatest Hits - 7.99
PS3 - Darksiders II - 14.99
PS3 - DJ Hero 2 Stand Alone Software - 2.99
PS3 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 7.99
PS3 - MLB 12: The Show - 9.99
PS3 - NHL 12 - 9.99
PS3 - Saints Row The Third - 9.99
PS3 - Socom 4 - 9.99
PS3 - Starhawk - 9.99
PS3 - Xcom: Enemy Unknown - 14.99
Wii - Metriod: Other M - 7.99
Wii - Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2 - 4.99
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor - 9.99
Wii - uDraw Dood's Big Adventure - 2.99
Wii U - Darksiders II - 19.99
X360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum - 7.99
X360 - Darksiders II - 14.99
X360 - Dragon Age 2 - 4.99
X360 - Fable: The Journey - 9.99
X360 - NBA Baller Beats - 9.99
X360 - Red Faction Armageddon - 4.99

Stock will be limited at stores (think 1-5 copies a store), and since this is clearance there will not be any more copies made available/shipped out. Once they gone, they gone!

Other clearance items will include various phones and computers as well as unlisted games (again YMMV on those especially, thanks midnightmetal for that info), but I don't have much info on those. Happy Hunting!

Note-
"If you have rewardzone points they can be used in-store as well. Either print off the certificate from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ or ask the cashier to look up the certificate for you on the register....in order to do so they need your reward zone card or they can just look it up with your phone number. "

Note #2

emails are going out for a seperate clearance as well (credit to CrossFireXT17 for the link and stuff)

Here is the link to the big clearance for lots of things (the movies link doesn't work yet) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...paignID=369667 ... think that should be pretty universal

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the BB exclusive version of Darksiders II is ringing up for $14.99? It wasn't included in the sale last month, but I'm hoping it is this time around.

Manager at my local store was surprisingly cool about knocking pre-owned copies down to match the new clearance prices. Got XCom PS3 for $15 and am very happy, since every store for a 50 mile radius has been reporting "unavailable" since the first night of the sale.

[quote name='SackAttack']Difficulty: those cameras may not be pointed at the customer service desk by default. If there's no camera pointed at the desk for the period of time he was in-store, he'll have a tough time proving it.[/QUOTE]

The cameras are pointed at the customer service desk ONLY because of the personal computers that are stored back there that are in the process of being repaired by the Geek Squad. BB got sued a few years ago due to someone taking pictures of the screens of someone who had taken their computer there for repairs. Incidentally, if the cameras pick up any employee with their phone out in this area it's an automatic termination.

I would have made sure the manager put it in writing that I didn't pick up the merchandise from that order before I left. But it could be as simple as they thought they were doing a pick up then quick return, but it didn't work. I thought you can't return items for a certain amount of time after you pick them up.

[quote name='winterlane']Anyone know if the BB exclusive version of Darksiders II is ringing up for $14.99? It wasn't included in the sale last month, but I'm hoping it is this time around.[/QUOTE]

Its not

[quote name='jrr6415sun']I did a store pickup for 2 prototype and spiderman. Bestbuy sent me an email that the items were ready to pick up. I went to the store and after waiting 30 minutes while they looked all over the store they told me they couldn't find them, they told me they were "lost". I said fine i've been waiting for too long I have to go can you please just cancel my order. (I'd rather pay full price for the games then wait any longer). The guy said ok and then typed some stuff in the computer. 2 receipts came out and he quickly hid them under the desk, I thought that was weird but he told me that the order was canceled. I said ok well do you have a cancellation receipt or anything? Hoping that one of the receipts that came out was proof I would be refunded. He told me no but I should get a cancellation email within 24 hours. As I was walking away I checked my phone to see if I received anything and i saw I got an email from bestbuy saying my order was picked up! I was like woah wait it says I picked up the order how can that be? He said oh sorry I must have pushed the wrong button? I think he did that on purpose so that the store would not look bad for losing the order. He called some bestbuy number to try to get me refunded and he said they told him they can't do anything until tomorrow because it hasn't registered in the system yet?

Anyone know what I should do? I don't have the games, bestbuy thinks I picked up the order and I have no proof otherwise. I tried calling bestbuy 1-888 number and they told me I had to work it out with the store tomorrow. Is there anyway to complain about the store? My store is constantly having store pickup problems and I have no idea who to complain to. I'm sort of annoyed not only that they didn't have the games but that they processed the order so their store wouldn't look bad and then they lied to me.[/QUOTE]

I had a shady incident a few weeks ago at BB when Bulletstorm was $1.99. Put a 360 copy of Bulletstorm on hold because I needed to go to the bank (yeah whats the odds I did not have $2 on me lol!) and came back to find out he moved it back, and somebody must have sold it. I told him that I thought something was fishy, but he said he did not know where it went...

pc richards is having a b1g1 50% off deal till the 30th (i saw it in the ad in my daily news paper today). im going to try and match that deal and use it on these clearance games :D

[quote name='starmask2k3']is Saints Row The Third for 9.99 dead because i cant find it online[/QUOTE]

the sku mist have been cleared out of the system like kirby mass attack. you gotta go bestbuy hopping in hopes of finding one

Since when was Saints row the Third $9.99? I know it was $19.99 for PS3!

Anyway I came into this thread to warn my fellow CAG's even though this deal started a while ago if you go to Best buy and try to buy one of these clearence games, DO NOT let anyone bullshit you about it. I work at Best buy and went to a different one and found Dragon Age 2, sweet my store didn't have any! I went to buy it and it rang up $19.99 "That is supposed to be $4.99 on clearance" I said. "Where does it say that" Well this store obviously did not do their jobs correctly, these games were supposed to be marked. Manager says "DIfferent stores have different clearance items" well this is everywhere! I had to pull it up in Employee news and show him what they should have already known. Then he says "You must be pretty good at your job if you know all of this" as he does the over ride. lol. So if anyone gives you shit tell them to search for "Spring clearancee news from 3/17-3/23 in their ETK.

[quote name='thereefernander']Since when was Saints row the Third $9.99? I know it was $19.99 for PS3!
[/QUOTE]
At the beginning of this clearance sale. I picked up two copies myself.

[quote name='strait edge follower']the sku mist have been cleared out of the system like kirby mass attack. you gotta go bestbuy hopping in hopes of finding one[/QUOTE]
Wait, Saints Row 3 at $10 is still active in-store? Nooooo... I saw some lingering copies in the wild today, but the shelf tag was not $10 so I assumed they jacked the price back up like XCOM.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']At the beginning of this clearance sale. I picked up two copies myself.[/QUOTE]

I need it for Xbox Anyway :/
I read in this thread as well people Price matching games to different systems, which they are not really supposed to do at Best buy, I read it in the employee news reports. But obviously if you read my last post, not everyone/every store reads those reports as they are supposed to.

Does anyone have an ad about the pricing for Adventure Time being $9.99? I went to two stores and only found one with a copy. They ring me up but it kept coming up as $29.99. I bought anyway hoping someone online can provide some proof of price so they can match it. I'd also like to mention as I was in a store without the game I saw a sticker for $9.99 and the date said it started 3/17 and ended 3/30.

[quote name='acomicbookguyc']Does anyone have an ad about the pricing for Adventure Time being $9.99? I went to two stores and only found one with a copy. They ring me up but it kept coming up as $29.99. I bought anyway hoping someone online can provide some proof of price so they can match it. I'd also like to mention as I was in a store without the game I saw a sticker for $9.99 and the date said it started 3/17 and ended 3/30.[/QUOTE]

thereefernander posted what you should do...

[quote name='thereefernander']Since when was Saints row the Third $9.99? I know it was $19.99 for PS3!

Anyway I came into this thread to warn my fellow CAG's even though this deal started a while ago if you go to Best buy and try to buy one of these clearence games, DO NOT let anyone bullshit you about it. I work at Best buy and went to a different one and found Dragon Age 2, sweet my store didn't have any! I went to buy it and it rang up $19.99 "That is supposed to be $4.99 on clearance" I said. "Where does it say that" Well this store obviously did not do their jobs correctly, these games were supposed to be marked. Manager says "DIfferent stores have different clearance items" well this is everywhere! I had to pull it up in Employee news and show him what they should have already known. Then he says "You must be pretty good at your job if you know all of this" as he does the over ride. lol. So if anyone gives you shit tell them to search for "Spring clearancee news from 3/17-3/23 in their ETK.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='canvasch']thereefernander posted what you should do...[/QUOTE]

I read his post but he states the dates as 3/17 through 3/23. I'll Pm him about it as I missed the part about him being an employee.

[quote name='strait edge follower']the sku mist have been cleared out of the system like kirby mass attack. you gotta go bestbuy hopping in hopes of finding one[/QUOTE]

I just picked up Kirby mass attack for $3 after $5rz, rang up normally at register at the sale price of $8 (was around 9pm) EDIT: Eastern time

I arrived at Best Buy the minute it opened. Managed to find a single copy of Prototype 2 (PS3). No Mario Power Tennis, but I picked up Lego Harry Potter 5-7 instead. Pretty happy with what I came up with. Although, I'm pretty sure the other copies of Prototype 2 were long gone; hardly any to begin with everytime I visited.

[quote name='thundarr']The cameras are pointed at the customer service desk ONLY because of the personal computers that are stored back there that are in the process of being repaired by the Geek Squad. BB got sued a few years ago due to someone taking pictures of the screens of someone who had taken their computer there for repairs. Incidentally, if the cameras pick up any employee with their phone out in this area it's an automatic termination.[/QUOTE]

That's got to be a different-by-store thing. The store I used to work at had cameras in the Geek Squad repair area, but you only got coverage of the customer service desk if you were actively monitoring the cam and moved one of the mobile cameras into the area.

You'd expect all stores to have camera coverage on Geek Squad, but that doesn't necessarily mean that customer service is in the coverage area.

If anyone wants a copy of Rayman Origins 3DS, let me know. I picked it up, but had a change of heart. Be glad to let it go for cost+tax+shipping or an even trade for Kirby Mass Attack.

[quote name='The Punisher']Wait and see if u get a email that says if u pick it up. it should pop up within a day. That sounds like the bb guy try to pull something. U could have just refuse pickup and let it drag 7 days and the system would auto cancel after 7 days. Let us know what happens. If u get the email that u did pick up go talk to lp. Video will have evidence showing u when u try to pick it up and left empty handed.[/QUOTE]

yea in the message you quoted I said I received in email that I picked up the items almost instantly when I was in the store.

I'm pretty annoyed because when I talked to the manager on the phone he told me that I would have to call online because it was an online order.. and I said well I just called online and they told me I had to work it out with the store? Then he just said he was busy because he was the only manager in the store and a different employee could talk to me about it. He just dismissed me and transferred me to someone else. I guess my only hope now is to wait until the employee who did it is working there again.

You should pick up "Adventure Time: Hey Ice King Why'd Ya Steal Our Garbage" for the soundtrack alone.

It's short and sweet, but really captures the tone of the show. Sadly, it doesn't have much of any voices from the show (just text boxes).

I just came back from Target, (Monticello, Minnesota) and they price matched Pikmin 2. My understanding is that they will price match any ad or online price. I took the last copy. You have to bring it (or the electronics staff) to customer service where they do a price match. I had a particularly older lady that took about 10 minutes to figure out how to do it on their company ipad. I was trying to help her through it and she stopped and asked me "Do you work here"

[quote name='bojay1997']I would call the manager back immediately and tell him that you believe the employee was engaged in fraud and theft. They have surveillance cameras all over the store, so you should tell the manager you want to come down and see the footage showing your transaction. This is a very serious situation as that employee literally stole from you.[/QUOTE]

No retail store will ever let you see there footage or camera rooms, you would just have to take the managers or LPs word about what is on the video. And even if they find out that the employee did something shady, all they would do is go over beyond and get you the game but not mentioning what truly happened.

Also there is 99% chance that there are fixed cameras over every register in best buy..

Does ANYONE have a copy of Pikmin 2 they'd part w/ for near retail? Each store I hit that "has one in stock according our systems" can't find it...

My BestBuy (Memphis, TN - Southwind) had PC titles marked down to $0.99 and $1.99.
I just picked up Dragon Age 2 for 99c and SpaceMarine/Deus Ex: HR for $1.99 each

My best buy had Rayman Origins and Kirby Mass Attack hand marked down to $5.99! They also had Rayman 3D for $9.99 and that Classic Card game pack for $4.99.

When I got to the register the all rang up wrong so the manager had to come override it. He picked up one of the games and looked at it suspiciously and then shrugged and left, haha.

[quote name='mgford11']Does ANYONE have a copy of Pikmin 2 they'd part w/ for near retail? Each store I hit that "has one in stock according our systems" can't find it...[/QUOTE]

Have you tried calling or online chatting with customer service and explaining that you've been getting the run around? You might be able to get them to locate one and send it directly to you or to a store you can pick it up at.

I don't know if it was a mess up or not, but I did two in store pick ups for Saints Row the Third at my local best buy, and they gave me the full package versions. I didn't even realize it until 2 days later when I finally got around to opening it.

[quote name='CD6405']I don't know if it was a mess up or not, but I did two in store pick ups for Saints Row the Third at my local best buy, and they gave me the full package versions. I didn't even realize it until 2 days later when I finally got around to opening it.[/QUOTE]

Bank error in your favor. It was definitely a mess up, and you got very lucky. It amazes me that Best Buy doesn't do any kind of verification on web orders. I remember a deal a while back when Assassins Creed Brotherhood (PS3) was briefly on sale for under $10 (I don't remember the exact price). A bunch of people reported receiving Revelations (which had just been released that week) when they went to pick up their web orders.

[quote name='Olengie']I arrived at Best Buy the minute it opened. Managed to find a single copy of Prototype 2 (PS3). No Mario Power Tennis, but I picked up Lego Harry Potter 5-7 instead. Pretty happy with what I came up with. Although, I'm pretty sure the other copies of Prototype 2 were long gone; hardly any to begin with everytime I visited.[/QUOTE]

Aw shit, I pricechecked the 360 version of Prototype 2 (it was 14.99), didn't try any PS3 versions (if they had any).

I do have to do an instore pickup for Kirby Mass Effect and Pokemon Rumble Blast at a different BB tomorrow so I'll check then.

I picked up Prototype 2 on Friday and went back to Best Buy this afternoon and I found Pikmin 2 sitting on a cart of games that looked like they were in the process of being put away, Tomb Raider, The new Walking Dead, etc. I grabbed it and it rang up for $4.99. I got lucky.

Love how the Prototype 2 Steelbook was in stock on their site and available for 2+ days, yet the day mine was susposed to ship it goes on an indefinite backorder.....not expecting to see that one ever

[quote name='The Punisher']Lucky, i havent seen any of these games.

also, i just got mu calibur11 MLG. Is the bottom of the box suppose to have no seal on the left/right side openers?[/QUOTE]

make sure u inspect fully those mlg cases. i remember when they first went on sale i bought a couple and returned almost four or five times to 2 different stores because stupid shit was broken on each one. ver poorly built. thank god my gears of war one came in excellent condition

[quote name='dgwillia006']Love how the Prototype 2 Steelbook was in stock on their site and available for 2+ days, yet the day mine was susposed to ship it goes on an indefinite backorder.....not expecting to see that one ever[/QUOTE]

There was a Prototype 2 steelbook?!:hot:

[quote name='NuclearPorkchop']There was a Prototype 2 steelbook?!:hot:[/QUOTE]

It was hidden on the site. Someone posted a link so I called CS and got them to adjust the price to 0$ and mail it to me after I picked up the game. Though it went on backorder and when I called them they said they didnt know if there would be another shipment, despite the email saying it should come next week.

bread's done
Back