New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Sale is Live Online Now (thanks YoshiFan1)! Limit 3 of each title I believe.

Just heard that BB is having a clearance sale starting 3/17. Games up for grabs will be

3DS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! - 9.99
3DS - Classic Games Overload - 7.99
3DS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 9.99
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - 9.99
3DS - Rabbids Rumble - 7.99
3DS - Rayman Origins - 7.99
3DS - The Trash Pack - 9.99
NDS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 7.99
NDS - Kirby Mass Attack - 7.99
NDS - Lego Ninjago Bundle - 9.99
PS3 - Battlfield Bad Company 2 Greatest Hits - 7.99
PS3 - Darksiders II - 14.99
PS3 - DJ Hero 2 Stand Alone Software - 2.99
PS3 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 7.99
PS3 - MLB 12: The Show - 9.99
PS3 - NHL 12 - 9.99
PS3 - Saints Row The Third - 9.99
PS3 - Socom 4 - 9.99
PS3 - Starhawk - 9.99
PS3 - Xcom: Enemy Unknown - 14.99
Wii - Metriod: Other M - 7.99
Wii - Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2 - 4.99
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor - 9.99
Wii - uDraw Dood's Big Adventure - 2.99
Wii U - Darksiders II - 19.99
X360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum - 7.99
X360 - Darksiders II - 14.99
X360 - Dragon Age 2 - 4.99
X360 - Fable: The Journey - 9.99
X360 - NBA Baller Beats - 9.99
X360 - Red Faction Armageddon - 4.99

Stock will be limited at stores (think 1-5 copies a store), and since this is clearance there will not be any more copies made available/shipped out. Once they gone, they gone!

Other clearance items will include various phones and computers as well as unlisted games (again YMMV on those especially, thanks midnightmetal for that info), but I don't have much info on those. Happy Hunting!

Note-
"If you have rewardzone points they can be used in-store as well. Either print off the certificate from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ or ask the cashier to look up the certificate for you on the register....in order to do so they need your reward zone card or they can just look it up with your phone number. "

Note #2

emails are going out for a seperate clearance as well (credit to CrossFireXT17 for the link and stuff)

Here is the link to the big clearance for lots of things (the movies link doesn't work yet) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...paignID=369667 ... think that should be pretty universal

Last edited by a moderator:
finally saints row the third for 10$ !!!! i got that obviously lol. pikmin and kirby apear to be sold out sadly but im checking the stores tommorow just in case. i might get nba baller beats just for the ball itsself as i need a new one anyway

Did things sell out that fast or were there very few copies to begin with? I can't find anything online nor anything for in store pick up.

[quote name='YBX87']praying my order does not get cancelled, lol
[/QUOTE]

I divided my orders up by game to prevent the entire order from being cancelled and losing all my games. Yeah it is wasteful shipping but I did not want to risk one game messing up the entire order since BBY does not have the best IT department.

[quote name='bardockkun']Source from 2K games

http://ir.take2games.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=86428&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=1752068

Just because it's a very little represented genre doesn't mean it's a flop...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if sales picked up but they were considering it a flop when it released in October. I remember reading around then it only sold about 115k from Oct to Nov. Perhaps the numbers have improved since then?

Came out on the same day as Dishonored which definitely didn't do it any favors.

Was at a Bestbuy today saw some new games on their 50% off price header without any information or prices. So I asked an associate and he checked the price and said he would override the price to 50% off. So I picked up X-com for 1/2 off $39.99 and thought it was a deal, at $19.99. Now I come here and it is going to be $14.99 on Sunday.

Might take a chance on price matching it tomorrow, but still at $20 I felt like I got a good deal. Have to ask myself if the gas + time is worth the $5.

Thanks OP! Ordered Starhawk & Darksiders II, used my leftover GC credit ($2.41 + $10 RZ Certs) to bring it down to $13.xx, and hopefully I'll get the $10 cert from the current $10 BB promo making the deal even sweeter.

[quote name='Vinny']Did things sell out that fast or were there very few copies to begin with? I can't find anything online nor anything for in store pick up.[/QUOTE]
very few copies to begin with, especially with xcom. I preordered it, and bought it on release day, and my store only had three copies including the copy i preordered.

[quote name='Komentra']I'm not sure if sales picked up but they were considering it a flop when it released in October. I remember reading around then it only sold about 115k from Oct to Nov. Perhaps the numbers have improved since then?

Came out on the same day as Dishonored which definitely didn't do it any favors.[/QUOTE]
Then again NPD doesn't keep track of digital sales and I believe that's where the largest numbers were. It still doesn't change the fact that saying XCom flopped is a big pile of shit.

And I doubt Dishonored made much of a difference in XCom's sales, since it's a new IP and didn't get a media blitz for advertising.

[quote name='strait edge follower']i havent gotten my confirmation email yet[/QUOTE]

I haven't gotten confirmation emails on any of my Best Buy purchases over the past few weeks

Ended up getting Pikman 2 ($5) & PS3 3D glasses ($14). Really wanted Xcom but couldn't. Oh well, I'll call it a good night.

[quote name='Komentra']I'm not sure if sales picked up but they were considering it a flop when it released in October. I remember reading around then it only sold about 115k from Oct to Nov. Perhaps the numbers have improved since then?

Came out on the same day as Dishonored which definitely didn't do it any favors.[/QUOTE]
yep, but in bethsdas defense. THey claimed dishonored sold better than their expectations, LOL

[quote name='eXiON']Thanks OP! Ordered Starhawk & Darksiders II, used my leftover GC credit ($2.41 + $10 RZ Certs) to bring it down to $13.xx, and hopefully I'll get the $10 cert from the current $10 BB promo making the deal even sweeter.[/QUOTE]

i used 10$ in credit for saints row, would i still get that 10$ cirtificate ? i hope so lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']i used 10$ in credit for saints row, would i still get that 10$ cirtificate ? i hope so lol[/QUOTE]
you never know with bestbuy, i would not risk it, if it was you. i ordered $20 worth of items

[quote name='scottman']Metroid Other M seems to be on an eternal clearance for $7.99 at every store that still has it.[/QUOTE]

funny, was thinking the same thing UNTIL i walked into Five Below today... and saw 7 copies of it.

[quote name='YBX87']very few copies to begin with, especially with xcom. I preordered it, and bought it on release day, and my store only had three copies including the copy i preordered.[/QUOTE]

I see. I guess I shouldn't feel too bad then.

The one time I'm awake in a "later" timezone (it's 11:00 PM here in AZ but it's 1:00 AM back home) to get in on deals and they have low quantities. Just my luck.:lol:

got some 3ds games and pikman. if I can find a baller beats in store, I'll buy and return using old receipt from that $19.99 sale last month... and rebuy lol

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']The only thing I really fucking want is pikmin 2. Do you think Fable the Journey or NBA baller beats are worth it at this price? I don't even have a kinect sensor yet.[/QUOTE]
If you don't even have a Kinect then it kind of kills the purpose of getting any of those games, especially when you're not even sure of getting them in the first place.

[quote name='strait edge follower']i used 10$ in credit for saints row, would i still get that 10$ cirtificate ? i hope so lol[/QUOTE]

Not sure, according to this:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10576891&postcount=420

Technically it should be ok although I haven't seen any confirmations of it working, I personally didn't want to risk it so I just paid the $13. (Still had 2 $5 RZ Certs, but I'll use them on something else lol)

Dammit. Missed out on pokemon rumble and somehow both of the locations near me became unavailable for store pick up just as I was checking out...great. Eh better luck next time I suppose.

[quote name='bardockkun']Then again NPD doesn't keep track of digital sales and I believe that's where the largest numbers were. It still doesn't change the fact that saying XCom flopped is a big pile of shit.

And I doubt Dishonored made much of a difference in XCom's sales, since it's a new IP and didn't get a media blitz for advertising.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but it did get great reviews and a lot attention in the video game media when it released and it sold close to 500k compared to Xcom's 150k but then again they're completely different types of games so comparing them is probably unfair, I'm just going by sales and that it probably would of got more attention if Dishonored wasn't released the same day.

I'm sure it did much better on PC since most PC gamers are already familiar with the quality of Firaxis's work through the Civ series.

Got a copy of Pikmin 2 & Pokemon Rumble. I placed my order as soon as the deal went live. I payed through paypal, and I'm still waiting for my confirmation order.

my god how many sales are bestbuy having today ? the b2g2 free used ds deal, the halo 4 and ass creed 3 guide deals, this one ..... its fall 2011 clearance madness all over again !!!!!

[quote name='bardockkun']If you don't even have a Kinect then it kind of kills the purpose of getting any of those games, especially when you're not even sure of getting them in the first place.[/QUOTE]

But I'm a videogame hoarder and if $9.99 is where they bottom out, then maybe I should buy them at this price so I can play them when I get a kinect (probably the next black friday).

[quote name='strait edge follower']my god how many sales are bestbuy having today ? the b2g2 free used ds deal, the halo 4 and ass creed 3 guide deals, this one ..... its fall 2011 clearance madness all over again !!!!![/QUOTE]

Lol for real, fuck I wasn't even prepared for this sale. Just found out like 5 mins ago when I popped online to see whats up.

I can't believe I missed everything worthwhile. I'm amazed how quickly this stuff sold out considering there was no heads up until right before it went live (unlike the summer clearance where it was posted days ahead of time).

I got:

Adventure Time
Pokemon Rumble Blast
Rabbids Rumble
Rayman Origins
Classic Games: Overload
Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2

Yikes... looks like i got my copy of each just in time right after the site updated. i figured this would happen with Pikmin 2 o_O.

[quote name='eXiON']Lol for real, fuck I wasn't even prepared for this sale. Just found out like 5 mins ago when I popped online to see whats up.[/QUOTE]

thank god i have been staying up tonight playing god of war and didnt sleep lol. i got the game i wanted from this sale the most but im dissapointed that i couldnt get pikmin for my girlfriend :(

$59.30 for in store pickup. Not bad at all plus the 500 points promo... ;)

Ps3
Saints Row 3 (wanted more but wouldn't checkout)

3ds
Rayman Origins x2
Pokemon Blast x2
Adventure time

Buying a 3DS next week and vowed to finish SR2 soon since 4 was announced so good timing on 3.

Going to try at get me a copy for Pokemon Rumble. That's a great deal for Rayman Origins and X-Com but I want a 360 copy.

You guys think I can PM these at Target?
If I don't manage to get one I'll PM at Target.

strait, I don't think a RZ certificate covering a $10 purchase would qualify. Mainly think this as certs are deducted before tax so are essentially like coupons in their application. Also when I pay in full with GCs, I still get cashback through affiliates - certs don't get cb for me. ps the balls decent but will likely need to be pumped

I wonder if other stuff will go on clearance

[quote name='strait edge follower']thank god i have been staying up tonight playing god of war and didnt sleep lol. i got the game i wanted from this sale the most but im dissapointed that i couldnt get pikmin for my girlfriend :([/QUOTE]

When I go to Best Buy tomorrow I can see if they have a copy of Pikmin and ship it to you.

Totally bummed about not being on early enough for Pikmin 2. Going to see the possibility of PM-ing at Target tomorrow. My Target is newer and pretty chill so hopefully it being sold out won't be a problem. Did end up getting Adventure Time, Rayman Origins 3DS, and Darksiders 2 Wii U.

Thanks OP!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']strait, I don't think a RZ certificate covering a $10 purchase would qualify. Mainly think this as certs are deducted before tax so are essentially like coupons in their application. Also when I pay in full with GCs, I still get cashback through affiliates - certs don't get cb for me. ps the balls decent but will likely need to be pumped

I wonder if other stuff will go on clearance[/QUOTE]

i used my trade in credit for it. i assume it would not work with the rz coupons so i didnt want to risk it

Last edited by a moderator:
******When Skyward Sword was $19.99, online said the store/s was/were out of stock. Went into a store and found tons.********

Thanks OP!:)

bread's done
Back