New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Sale is Live Online Now (thanks YoshiFan1)! Limit 3 of each title I believe.

Just heard that BB is having a clearance sale starting 3/17. Games up for grabs will be

3DS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! - 9.99
3DS - Classic Games Overload - 7.99
3DS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 9.99
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - 9.99
3DS - Rabbids Rumble - 7.99
3DS - Rayman Origins - 7.99
3DS - The Trash Pack - 9.99
NDS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 7.99
NDS - Kirby Mass Attack - 7.99
NDS - Lego Ninjago Bundle - 9.99
PS3 - Battlfield Bad Company 2 Greatest Hits - 7.99
PS3 - Darksiders II - 14.99
PS3 - DJ Hero 2 Stand Alone Software - 2.99
PS3 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 7.99
PS3 - MLB 12: The Show - 9.99
PS3 - NHL 12 - 9.99
PS3 - Saints Row The Third - 9.99
PS3 - Socom 4 - 9.99
PS3 - Starhawk - 9.99
PS3 - Xcom: Enemy Unknown - 14.99
Wii - Metriod: Other M - 7.99
Wii - Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2 - 4.99
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor - 9.99
Wii - uDraw Dood's Big Adventure - 2.99
Wii U - Darksiders II - 19.99
X360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum - 7.99
X360 - Darksiders II - 14.99
X360 - Dragon Age 2 - 4.99
X360 - Fable: The Journey - 9.99
X360 - NBA Baller Beats - 9.99
X360 - Red Faction Armageddon - 4.99

Stock will be limited at stores (think 1-5 copies a store), and since this is clearance there will not be any more copies made available/shipped out. Once they gone, they gone!

Other clearance items will include various phones and computers as well as unlisted games (again YMMV on those especially, thanks midnightmetal for that info), but I don't have much info on those. Happy Hunting!

Note-
"If you have rewardzone points they can be used in-store as well. Either print off the certificate from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ or ask the cashier to look up the certificate for you on the register....in order to do so they need your reward zone card or they can just look it up with your phone number. "

Note #2

emails are going out for a seperate clearance as well (credit to CrossFireXT17 for the link and stuff)

Here is the link to the big clearance for lots of things (the movies link doesn't work yet) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...paignID=369667 ... think that should be pretty universal

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP, I was able to get an adventure time & pkmn. I was on the fence about Darksiders 2 on WiiU but since I already have it on 360 I passed on it. Wish xcom was the 360 version. Also wanted a pikmin 2 but that thing sold out instantly last night smh.

Fyi... Kirkwood highway bestbuy in DE has 2 pikmin 2 left. 1 darksiders 2 for wii u and several CE Halo 4 and Assassins Creed 3 guides.

Got to the store about 25 minutes after it opened. Picked up the last :ps3: Starhawk and the last :wii: Pikmin 2 at my local BB. I also got :ps3: XCOM though they still had 2 of them left.

[quote name='thetruth1983']Can someone please tell me if the 3DS version of Rayman supports co-op> The Bestbuy page says it works but other information I've found online says that it does not.[/QUOTE]

Reviews I read last night said it doesn't.

Grabbed the last Pikmin 2 at my store (Findlay, OH). They had 4 copies of XCOM PS3 and 5+ for 360 left. Didn't look for anything else. Did see a couple copies of Darksiders 2 and NHL 12 though. Everything was tagged correctly on the shelves.

[quote name='HydroX']When Best Buy has sales like this and all stores are marked "UNAVAILABLE" it's to get you to physically check the store. Foot traffic in store = you might buy more than what you're looking for.

Kind of like how most people go into Walmart or Target for 2 items and walk out with $300 worth of stuff.[/QUOTE]

LOL this happens all the time to the wife and I...so often, that when I'm sent for milk, I grab a cart anyways because I know other things will find their way into my cart.

I'll just have to go and peep at my store's selection.

Just a heads up for anyone in the are looking for these games: I just picked up the last Kirby Mass attack, Adventure Time and Pikmin at the 202 Best Buy in DE. Also grabbed the a Rabbids Rumble, but there are two of those left. They were out of Pokemon Rumble Blast when I got there at open, but they had multiple copies of the 3DS card game collection and Finding Nemo as well.

I didn't check for any of the other titles on other systems.

[quote name='FearNixon']Grabbed the last Pikmin 2 at my store (Findlay, OH). They had 4 copies of XCOM PS3 and 5+ for 360 left. Didn't look for anything else. Did see a couple copies of Darksiders 2 and NHL 12 though. Everything was tagged correctly on the shelves.[/QUOTE]

Did Pikmin 2 ring up the correct price?

[quote name='FearNixon']Grabbed the last Pikmin 2 at my store (Findlay, OH). They had 4 copies of XCOM PS3 and 5+ for 360 left. Didn't look for anything else. Did see a couple copies of Darksiders 2 and NHL 12 though. Everything was tagged correctly on the shelves.[/QUOTE]

saw a few darksiders 2 at my store too, and it still have not sold out yet online. LOL. I guess ppl really hated darksiders 2. No wonder no one bid on vigil, the studio who made the darksiders series, when ThQ auctioned it off.

Picked up my in store pick up of fable the journey. While there I picked up xcom, they had 2 or 3 more and red faction which they had about 20 of.

Grabbed one of three copies of Pikmin 2 at my local store - they did ring at the correct price - but there was no sign or indication of a clearance sale anywhere.

The store tracker said that there were none available so that's obviously not working 100% of the time!

Just back from my best buy in Pflugerville, TX (suburb of Austin). I grabbed XCOM, Pikmin 2, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Halo 4 CE guide all for $34.59! It said all of this was unavailable for this best buy. They had several copies of each.

[quote name='sp00ge']Did Pikmin 2 ring up the correct price?[/QUOTE]

Yes it did. Was tagged 4.99 on the shelf too. It was on the top row with the other Nintendo Selects.

Also if anyone is interested: they had four copies of the Best Buy exclusive Avengers 3D Blu-Ray gift set. Marked at 69.99. Rang up 19.99.

The employee at my Best Buy walked up to me and said, "Hi, anything I can help you with?" I say, "No.". He then says, "I've been telling everyone to get Farcry 3 because it's only $30". I reply, "I've got the game I came for" and show him Xcom. He then says, "Oh that, I've thought about that but the only thing holding me back is that it's an RTS." I didn't bother telling him that it's turn based and not real time...

[quote name='Blaster man']The employee at my Best Buy walked up to me and said, "Hi, anything I can help you with?" I say, "No.". He then says, "I've been telling everyone to get Farcry 3 because it's only $30". I reply, "I've got the game I came for" and show him Xcom. He then says, "Oh that, I've thought about that but the only thing holding me back is that it's an RTS." I didn't bother telling him that it's turn based and not real time...[/QUOTE]

no matter if it is turned based or Rts, xcom is still considered a niche type of game. Most gamers in the US are only interested in your typical assasins creed types/ call of duty fps games. That is why most jrpgs receive poor reception in the states.

[quote name='FearNixon']Yes it did. Was tagged 4.99 on the shelf too. It was on the top row with the other Nintendo Selects.

Also if anyone is interested: they had four copies of the Best Buy exclusive Avengers 3D Blu-Ray gift set. Marked at 69.99. Rang up 19.99.[/QUOTE]

I'm trying to talk myself out of buying it.

Ended up getting last copy of Pikmin 2 and Adventure Time in store. What's the deal on assassin creed 3 Ce guide? 4.99 like the regular version?

just got back from the kansas city/liberty best buy, if anyone lives close its worth a stop in, i got the last saints row the third ps3, but they still had alot of the other games in stock. i saw quite a few of the darksiders 2, socom4, xcom, starhawk and nhl 12s. also had a few rayman origins and pokemon rumble blast. didnt look at the 360 or wii games. i also got a price match on the target sale and they gave me the most expensive game free (9.99 for free, 7.99 and 7.99) also saw someone else price match the skylanders giants figures b2 get 1.

Jammed down to my BB this morning to try to get there at 10AM opening only to find out they don't open until 11AM on Sunday...DOH!

[quote name='YBX87']no matter if it is turned based or Rts, xcom is still considered a niche type of game. Most gamers in the US are only interested in your typical assasins creed types/ call of duty fps games. That is why most jrpgs receive poor reception in the states.[/QUOTE]

IIRC it didn't sell well on release. I wonder if giant bomb giving it GOTY helped sales?

[quote name='lawdood']Jammed down to my BB this morning to try to get there at 10AM opening only to find out they don't open until 11AM on Sunday...DOH![/QUOTE]

Lol dood.

[quote name='jsquires3']Just back from my best buy in Pflugerville, TX (suburb of Austin). I grabbed XCOM, Pikmin 2, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Halo 4 CE guide all for $34.59! It said all of this was unavailable for this best buy. They had several copies of each.[/QUOTE]

Ha I'm just about to head out to that very store.

[quote name='lawdood']Jammed down to my BB this morning to try to get there at 10AM opening only to find out they don't open until 11AM on Sunday...DOH![/QUOTE]

Did the same thing, went to Target and two different BB's then back to original BB, none of the BB's had XCOM or Darksider II WiiU though

I just got back from the Tampa store on Dale Mabry -- they had mostly everything in stock. The one I saw that was sold out was Fable: The Journey -- but Pikmin, XCOM, Adventure Time, Pokemon Rumble, etc were all on the shelves.

Just got back from the best buy in Utica, MI. Picked up MLB the show, adventure time, pikmin 2, and Pokemon. While i was there I saw a guy clearing out the AC3 and Halo 4 guides. Must have had 20 of each. Bummer.

Wow, what a pain in the ass. I went to call my local BB's to see if there were any Pikmin left in stock, but apparently calls aren't handled at the store level anymore. Store locator comes up with the same 888 number for multiple stores, and it goes to a call center. It literally took 15 minutes on the phone for the person to look up what I was trying to find, check stores, call to verify stock and then call the store again to place a hold.

It used to take no more than five minutes talking to someone in the store, in the correct department, that can actually look for stock and then, if need be, check the computer. Ugh...

At least I have the last copy of Pikmin 2 waiting for me.

EDIT: Anyone looking for Metroid: Other M, if you have a Five Below, check there first. Mine had about 20 copies for $5.

[quote name='TooPoor']How is XCOM with a controller? Is it better on the :pc:?[/QUOTE]
it works perfectly fine with a controller. Like most games always better on PC as you can do controller or mouse and keyboard but the console version is a-okay

Matched targets buy 2 get 1. Had to wait at customer service for a minute while they checked the offer. But in the end got x-com, saints row the third and adventure time for roughly $26. Awesome.

Went in and grabbed Darksiders II LE, Saints Row and Classic Games Overload. X-Com was still labeled at regular price ($39.99). I asked the guy in the department to scan a copy to confirm the price. After seeing that it was indeed $15, he asked how I knew about it. I told him I found it online. "Cheap ass gamer?" Yeah, you probably have alot of people come in from there. "No, I find stuff on there too".

When I was leaving they guy kinda followed me out into the parking lot. He went down the isle I was parked in and circled around the last vehicle (I was parked in the very back and was already driving away) and went straight back to the front door. Not sure if he was wanting to ask about other games or just wanted to see my vehicle so he could know his competition. Was rather odd.

I've made that mistake twice. Arden?

[quote name='Invicta 61']Went in and grabbed Darksiders II LE, Saints Row and Classic Games Overload. X-Com was still labeled at regular price ($39.99). I asked the guy in the department to scan a copy to confirm the price. After seeing that it was indeed $15, he asked how I knew about it. I told him I found it online. "Cheap ass gamer?" Yeah, you probably have alot of people come in from there. "No, I find stuff on there too".

When I was leaving they guy kinda followed me out into the parking lot. He went down the isle I was parked in and circled around the last vehicle (I was parked in the very back and was already driving away) and went straight back to the front door. Not sure if he was wanting to ask about other games or just wanted to see my vehicle so he could know his competition. Was rather odd.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...:whistle2:k

Was that the "wink" person that people on here yap about?

I picked up saints row 3.. all of the games were removed and sitting at the desk where they have register at in the game section.. i just grabbed it off the desk

Best Buy on 27th and Thunderbird in Phoenix has about 3 copies of Pikmin 2 and Xcom for those interested in the area. Already have the former and the latter doesn't interest me. Good hunting!

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Hmmm...:whistle2:k

Was that the "wink" person that people on here yap about?[/QUOTE]
maybe he was wanting a kiss good bye

Did in store pickup and they cancelled it on me. So I ordered it from a BB like 30 miles away, and then called BB customer support and told them it was too far to drive so they told me they would have it shipped.

Best of both worlds.

Picked up a few games in-store. Like others tried ordering XCOM online and it was un aviable but when I went in to pick up my Darksiders they had about 5 copies for the PS3.

Picked up XCOM, Darksiders, and the wife picked up Pokemon Rumble and Rayman Origins. Thanks again OP for the heads up!

[quote name='Dwarfman']Picked up a few games in-store. Like others tried ordering XCOM online and it was un aviable but when I went in to pick up my Darksiders they had about 5 copies for the PS3.

Picked up XCOM, Darksiders, and the wife picked up Pokemon Rumble and Rayman Origins. Thanks again OP for the heads up![/QUOTE]

I hope you also price matched Targets B2G1 sale ;]

bread's done
Back