New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Sale is Live Online Now (thanks YoshiFan1)! Limit 3 of each title I believe.

Just heard that BB is having a clearance sale starting 3/17. Games up for grabs will be

3DS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! - 9.99
3DS - Classic Games Overload - 7.99
3DS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 9.99
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - 9.99
3DS - Rabbids Rumble - 7.99
3DS - Rayman Origins - 7.99
3DS - The Trash Pack - 9.99
NDS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 7.99
NDS - Kirby Mass Attack - 7.99
NDS - Lego Ninjago Bundle - 9.99
PS3 - Battlfield Bad Company 2 Greatest Hits - 7.99
PS3 - Darksiders II - 14.99
PS3 - DJ Hero 2 Stand Alone Software - 2.99
PS3 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 7.99
PS3 - MLB 12: The Show - 9.99
PS3 - NHL 12 - 9.99
PS3 - Saints Row The Third - 9.99
PS3 - Socom 4 - 9.99
PS3 - Starhawk - 9.99
PS3 - Xcom: Enemy Unknown - 14.99
Wii - Metriod: Other M - 7.99
Wii - Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2 - 4.99
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor - 9.99
Wii - uDraw Dood's Big Adventure - 2.99
Wii U - Darksiders II - 19.99
X360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum - 7.99
X360 - Darksiders II - 14.99
X360 - Dragon Age 2 - 4.99
X360 - Fable: The Journey - 9.99
X360 - NBA Baller Beats - 9.99
X360 - Red Faction Armageddon - 4.99

Stock will be limited at stores (think 1-5 copies a store), and since this is clearance there will not be any more copies made available/shipped out. Once they gone, they gone!

Other clearance items will include various phones and computers as well as unlisted games (again YMMV on those especially, thanks midnightmetal for that info), but I don't have much info on those. Happy Hunting!

Note-
"If you have rewardzone points they can be used in-store as well. Either print off the certificate from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ or ask the cashier to look up the certificate for you on the register....in order to do so they need your reward zone card or they can just look it up with your phone number. "

Note #2

emails are going out for a seperate clearance as well (credit to CrossFireXT17 for the link and stuff)

Here is the link to the big clearance for lots of things (the movies link doesn't work yet) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...paignID=369667 ... think that should be pretty universal

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasn't gonna get the Ninjago, but when I saw it came with actual Legos, I caved.

Picked up two copies of X-Com, since one said it came with DLC and the other didn't. Figure if the unmarked one actually has DLC, I can return the other, and if the unmarked one doesn't have DLC, I can trade it.

My store was out of the 16gb Vita cards, but they were able to transfer me in one from another store (and, yes, i waited until the other store confirmed they had it in hand for me to complete the transfer).

I'm stoked.

[quote name='itzd4n']...question, is the darksiders le edition also supposed to be ringing up for 15? I found a copy at my store but it was ringing as 49.99 so I didn't bother. I thought I saw it mentioned in the thread but I couldn't find it again so any help with this would be appreciated[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Invicta 61']I grabbed an LE earlier today no problems, no adjustments. They actually only had one vanilla copy on hand with the rest being LE.

Note: I purchased the PS3 edition, may not be the same for 360.[/QUOTE]

My store had the XB360 LE versions mixed in with the lone vanilla copy with multiple price headers of $14.99. The LE did ring up for $49.99. After informing the cashier that, "I thought it was supposed to be $14.99," she went to investigate. Upon her return, she tried to pull the "that price is for the regular version" routine. While that may be true, I told her about all of those $14.99 price headers and was prepared to show her, but she relented and got a manager to override it.

Long story short, it may be YMMV on getting the LE version for $14.99

[quote name='gantt']Wow. First, thanks for sharing this. Second, between the paper tearing, the compulsive numeric scribbles (inventory counts? personal rating system? cosmic resonance?), the orderly yet inconsistent application and positioning of marks and checks - there's enough here for a full episode of some psychoanalysis show. It's like a hamster meets Memento. :)[/QUOTE]

Inventory counts is correct sir no way I would get Metroid a zero and I've always wanted to talk to a psychoanalysis :D

No Baller beats or Pikmin 2 in San Carlos, CA.I thought about getting Xcom (last copy) but I want it on 360. I ended up getting Fable the Journey.

It took me 4 different Best Buys but I got everything I was looking for....

ACIII for PS3 $30 and CE guide for $7, used $5 RZ coupon.

MLB the Show 12 for $10
NHL 12 for $10

Darksiders 2 for $15

I'm happy.

Lucked out in OC, CA. Picked up the last 16GB Vita card at the Irvine store, and my buddy found me a copy of Xcom at his store. All is right with the world.

my store had 20+ pikmin i wanted to buy a lot but that would be lame of me, i just bought 3

[quote name='TeamSwish']It took me 4 different Best Buys but I got everything I was looking for....

ACIII for PS3 $30 and CE guide for $7, used $5 RZ coupon.

MLB the Show 12 for $10
NHL 12 for $10

Darksiders 2 for $15

I'm happy.[/QUOTE]

4 bestbuys? was it worth it for all the time and gas spent doing that? my bestbuys around me are all 20 minutes away from each other

There were at least 10-20 unmarked copies of Pikmin 2 at the store I visited and at least 5-8 copies of Pokemon Rumble Blast but I realize that is not the case at all stores. I would have had the opportunity today to visit more than one BB but one was enough to get everything I wanted.

For those who thought they could not get Pikmin 2, online it showed unavailable for all best buys in 100mi radius, went to my local BB, and they had a copy on the nintendo selects display! Good luck to everyone who wanted a copy and didnt get one!

[quote name='jrr6415sun']my store had 20+ pikmin i wanted to buy a lot but that would be lame of me, i just bought 3

4 bestbuys? was it worth it for all the time and gas spent doing that? my bestbuys around me are all 20 minutes away from each other[/QUOTE]

I had two next to my work and two next to my house.

[quote name='The Punisher']Not sure if anyone is interested, but Calibur11 MLG is $9.99 with free shipping.
They no longer have the others like battlefield, gears, etc.
They had Calibur11 last summer for $15 and man those things clear out so fast.

Thanks op[/QUOTE]

[quote name='bbedwards']Just a heads up that the Avengers BB exclusive Blu ray gift set that's normally $69.99 is on sale for $19.99...def worth grabbing, just thought it'd let the fellow CAG's know to look for it on your treasure hunts today![/QUOTE]

Thanks!:)

And, that Avengers set is so cool with the light-up 3D/lenticular cover!:bouncy:

[quote name='YBX87']maybe he was wanting a kiss good bye[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Invicta 61']I sure hope not! That's not the kind of service I'm looking for from BB!*

*Unless it was the girl behind the counter.[/QUOTE]

:lol::booty:

[quote name='salty tbone']It's hit or miss with my experiences. There were four copies of Pikmin 2 and it was listed as unavailable. There were two copies of Saints Row but was listed as available.

When Skyward Sword was on sale for $19.99 a few months ago it was listed as unavailable but there were at least 10 copies in the store.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. That locator can be a mess. I saw Pikmins when all stores were, supposedly, out/unavailable.

[quote name='Daring']Nice. They refuse to PM Target B2G1. say they dont PM bundle deal.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Daring']Didn't even get escalated to mgmt. was straight up turn down by the low level employee.[/QUOTE]

I price matched Target's buy2get1 at Best Buy.

And, there's no way I'd let just an 'employee' tell me anything. I would have went straight to management.

Got my $20 Darksiders 2 on Wii U and $5 Red Faction for 360.

Alot of the stuff was out though. No sign of Pikmin 2 or Darksiders 2 on either other system.

If anyone is on the fence about X-Com, they shouldn't be, it is a stellar strategy title that does an amazing job of preserving the spirit of the first two PC games while keeping everything very playable in the modern day. If the 360 version was on sale at $15 I would've grabbed it to go with my PS3 version that I got just before Xmas.

[quote name='TeamSwish']I had two next to my work and two next to my house.[/QUOTE]

I have to drive 25-45 min depending on traffic to hit the one BB here but once I get to the shopping area I can hit a couple best buy's that aren't too far from each other. Unfortunately I don't have one closer to me, or I would probably be in there well... a lot! That would be very dangerous for my wallet!

So is there a conformation that BB will price match Targets B2G1 with games included in this sale? I just Got Pikmin 2, Rabbids, and Adventure Time, and I forgot to PM Target. I was going to bring my receipt to BB tomorrow and PM Target, think I can do it?

Looked online to see if the store had any copy's of SR3 ,said it was. Got to the store five minutes later none left. Checked online again to see how accurate the stock checker is, said it was unavailable. So i guess it's accurate.... although I checked for XCOM before I left to go to the store also. Site said unavailable and I saw one copy in the store. Probably try to PM at Target tomorrow. Never PM'ed at Target, do they call to see if it's in stock like BestBuy?

[quote name='TKSJOHN']So is there a conformation that BB will price match Targets B2G1 with games included in this sale? I just Got Pikmin 2, Rabbids, and Adventure Time, and I forgot to PM Target. I was going to bring my receipt to BB tomorrow and PM Target, think I can do it?[/QUOTE]

They don't tend to price match those but it all depends on the manager you get and if they agree to match it.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']So is there a conformation that BB will price match Targets B2G1 with games included in this sale? I just Got Pikmin 2, Rabbids, and Adventure Time, and I forgot to PM Target. I was going to bring my receipt to BB tomorrow and PM Target, think I can do it?[/QUOTE]

Nobody can tell you if your store will PM because it is against BB's policy to PM B2G1 deals. So unless you get an employee that is clueless/doesn't care, you will not be able to do so.

[quote name='ChunLiBarbie']Thanks!:)

And, that Avengers set is so cool with the light-up 3D/lenticular cover!:bouncy:

if you want the avenger set, you might want to get it tomorrow, sders are talking about buying a few, and flipping it, so they can get their copies for free.

[quote name='aircobra']Nobody can tell you if your store will PM because it is against BB's policy to PM B2G1 deals. So unless you get an employee that is clueless/doesn't care, you will not be able to do so.[/QUOTE]

I see, ill give it a try, and hopefully they will. My BB PM's a lot, for instance I was able to get Mario Kart 7 for $.01, I kid you not!

[quote name='YBX87']
if you want the avenger set, you might want to get it tomorrow, sders are talking about buying a few, and flipping it, so they can get their copies for free.[/QUOTE]

I got 1 for me and 1 as a gift!:D

[quote name='TKSJOHN']I see, ill give it a try, and hopefully they will. My BB PM's a lot, for instance I was able to get Mario Kart 7 for $.01, I kid you not![/QUOTE]

We're you in my store? I've done that before to price match a bundle we ran out of.

I was able to get Adventure time x2 and Rayman origins for the 3ds. Also got the very last copy of pikmin 2 on the shelf. Had no luck finding the avengers box set. For all i know people hoarded everything since everything i bought were the last copies.....

[quote name='deathfromace']We're you in my store? I've done that before to price match a bundle we ran out of.[/QUOTE] Im not sure, but they gave me a blue 3ds xl for $169.99 and physical copy of mario kart 7 for $.01 since they had no more of the bundles :D

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']Can't believe I missed the deal for Pikmin 2.[/QUOTE]

Did you check in your store? Don't trust how it says "unavailable" online.

[quote name='TKSJOHN']Im not sure, but they gave me a blue 3ds xl for $169.99 and physical copy of mario kart 7 for $.01 since they had no more of the bundles :D[/QUOTE]

Mesquite by any chance....though I doubt I'm the only one who has done it.

[quote name='deathfromace']Mesquite by any chance....though I doubt I'm the only one who has done it.[/QUOTE]

Nope, Utica MI

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']Can't believe I missed the deal for Pikmin 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I thought I missed out too, but I went in shortly before closing to pick up Darksider II on Wii U and i checked just to see and they had Pikmin 2, Pokemon Rumble, and Metroid! So I snagged all of them and paid $10.60 after RZ Certificates! Plus thanks to the FB app I get $10 back! ;D Money saved for that Pikachu 3DS!
So go check tomorrow unless yours is still open! You may be lucky like I was!

I was able to price match X-COM at my local Target. If you have their credit card, you can get an additional 5% off. Give it a try if some of these games are in stock at Target.

Actually ended up picking up Pokemon Rumble and Adventure Time today, also played Nintendo Land on the Wii U demo. Rumble is quite fun but kind of easy so far, Nintendo Land however is balls

Hiram was cleaned of most everything worth while (IMO) by a couple looters who were cleaning the clearance section when I got there. I managed to grab Pokemon Rumble, Classic Games Overload, and the Lego Ninjago box bundle.

Attempted to price match Target's buy 2 get 1, but they would only allow me to do a buy 2 get 1 if I matched Target's prices on the games. I asked to see the most current Best Buy price match policy and we read it together. It did specify that no free items or bundles would be matched so I was okay with them denying it.

Best of luck to everyone in finding the games that make ya happy.
wooper.gif

Went back to my local Best Buy when they opened to check on the 16 GB vita, they seemed to never have had them, no previous signage nor a spot for them so that was a bust. The clearance section was quickly picked over by noon by the patrons. I did go to the customer service area and price matched the copy of Xcom I picked up the night before, not knowing then about the clearance sale at the time, and that went off without a hitch since they were matching their own prices.

If you need basketballs, PM'd Target for Ballers 360, B2G1, got 3 basketballs and will keep 1 game and trade to GS for the rest, $18 bucks total.

Well, I've got an interesting dilemma--I went to pick up my 2-copy order of Saint's Row: The Third :)ps3:) and I ended up with two copies of The Full Package :)shock:). The problem is this:

1. Gamestop offers $2 less for The Full Package than for the vanilla edition.
2. I had a 2-copy trade of the vanilla edition locked in at Amazon for $18 each/$36 total.
3. I don't want to keep a copy, even if it's a more complete edition.
4. Not a single store in my area has the vanilla edition available for pickup.

I guess I'll just stop by my local store in the morning (I did the pickup at a store I don't usually visit) to see if they have a couple of copies left for the vanilla edition and explain the situation, but man, this is the first time that getting the more complete version of a game works out for the worse in my case. :whistle2:|

[quote name='Vigilante']Well, I've got an interesting dilemma--I went to pick up my 2-copy order of Saint's Row: The Third :)ps3:) and I ended up with two copies of The Full Package :)shock:). The problem is this:

1. Gamestop offers $2 less for The Full Package than for the vanilla edition.
2. I had a 2-copy trade of the vanilla edition locked in at Amazon for $18 each/$36 total.
3. I don't want to keep a copy, even if it's a more complete edition.
4. Not a single store in my area has the vanilla edition available for pickup.

I guess I'll just stop by my local store in the morning (I did the pickup at a store I don't usually visit) to see if they have a couple of copies left for the vanilla edition and explain the situation, but man, this is the first time that getting the more complete version of a game works out for the worse in my case. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]

I passed on the vanilla edition because I have that on PC already. If I'd gotten it for PS3, I woulda wanted "The Full Package."

Don't suppose you'd be willing to swap if my store still has the vanilla one tomorrow? ;)

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Did you check in your store? Don't trust how it says "unavailable" online.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I was pre-ordering Bioshock Infinite and I was asking if there are any Pikmin 2 copies available.

There was a label that said 4.99, but no game.

Xcom question:

I got the last copy of Xcom ps3 from my local store with the sticker "Includes the Elite Sodier Pack." The rest of the copies didn't have the sticker. I don't remember xcom having first-run limited edition copies so I'm a bit confused.

Is the "elite soldier pack" really limited to copies with the sticker or does every copy come with it?

[quote name='mysticfail']Thanks Punisher, thats a great price for a plain one.[/QUOTE]

Its MLG. I would love to get gears of war, but they remove it from their website.

Ordered Darksider for the U and also the AC3 CR guide. Order went through then got a "Oops, we have a very pathetic inventory system" call from the store,where I was informed I could just drive the the next town north if I wanted.it.

I then call the BB 1800 number requesting a store to store transfer. The woman told it should be easy since the other town showed a bunch in.stock. after 25 minutes on.hold she tells me the manager tells her store to store transfers are impossible( uhh....the stores are 10-15 minutes apart(at 70 mph and smooth traffic)....I wanted a transfer because I was 20 minutes away on top of that)....

so.I try BB web chat and that moron didn't know store to store was even possible and asks for a link. I give her two and she tells me maybe the 1 800 number might know what to do.

I haven't had an EPIC BB fail like this in years.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='PublikDefender']Xcom question:

I got the last copy of Xcom ps3 from my local store with the sticker "Includes the Elite Sodier Pack." The rest of the copies didn't have the sticker. I don't remember xcom having first-run limited edition copies so I'm a bit confused.

Is the "elite soldier pack" really limited to copies with the sticker or does every copy come with it?[/QUOTE]

Limited.

Is the "elite soldier pack" really limited to copies with the sticker or does every copy come with it?[/QUOTE]

Only certain copies have the elite soldier pack. I bought mine for PS3 on Black Friday and didn't get the pack.

Found DJ Hero 2 (PS3) for $2.99 and Pikmin 2 at the South Loop Best Buy on West Roosevelt Road in Chicago, IL. They were both located in the clearance rack separate from the various video game aisles. Also had several Avengers Blu Ray CE for $19.99. Everything else was marked in the individual console aisles and was mostly gone from what I could tell.

elite soldier pack are limited to the first run shipment copies. but you can purchase it on psn/xbl

Thanks. Finally will get NBA Baller Beats. Looks like it comes with the basketball too. That's a good price.

Don't need the basketball but it's better than diggin through the shed for one.

bread's done
Back