New Best Buy Clearance Starting 3/17 (YMMV in Stores)- LIVE ONLINE NOW!

MasaTFC

CAGiversary!
Feedback
423 (100%)
iconbestbuy.gif
Sale is Live Online Now (thanks YoshiFan1)! Limit 3 of each title I believe.

Just heard that BB is having a clearance sale starting 3/17. Games up for grabs will be

3DS - Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! - 9.99
3DS - Classic Games Overload - 7.99
3DS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 9.99
3DS - Pokemon Rumble Blast - 9.99
3DS - Rabbids Rumble - 7.99
3DS - Rayman Origins - 7.99
3DS - The Trash Pack - 9.99
NDS - Finding Nemo: Escape to the big blue - 7.99
NDS - Kirby Mass Attack - 7.99
NDS - Lego Ninjago Bundle - 9.99
PS3 - Battlfield Bad Company 2 Greatest Hits - 7.99
PS3 - Darksiders II - 14.99
PS3 - DJ Hero 2 Stand Alone Software - 2.99
PS3 - Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 - 7.99
PS3 - MLB 12: The Show - 9.99
PS3 - NHL 12 - 9.99
PS3 - Saints Row The Third - 9.99
PS3 - Socom 4 - 9.99
PS3 - Starhawk - 9.99
PS3 - Xcom: Enemy Unknown - 14.99
Wii - Metriod: Other M - 7.99
Wii - Nintendo Selects: Pikmin 2 - 4.99
Wii - Sin & Punishment 2: Star Successor - 9.99
Wii - uDraw Dood's Big Adventure - 2.99
Wii U - Darksiders II - 19.99
X360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Platinum - 7.99
X360 - Darksiders II - 14.99
X360 - Dragon Age 2 - 4.99
X360 - Fable: The Journey - 9.99
X360 - NBA Baller Beats - 9.99
X360 - Red Faction Armageddon - 4.99

Stock will be limited at stores (think 1-5 copies a store), and since this is clearance there will not be any more copies made available/shipped out. Once they gone, they gone!

Other clearance items will include various phones and computers as well as unlisted games (again YMMV on those especially, thanks midnightmetal for that info), but I don't have much info on those. Happy Hunting!

Note-
"If you have rewardzone points they can be used in-store as well. Either print off the certificate from https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/ or ask the cashier to look up the certificate for you on the register....in order to do so they need your reward zone card or they can just look it up with your phone number. "

Note #2

emails are going out for a seperate clearance as well (credit to CrossFireXT17 for the link and stuff)

Here is the link to the big clearance for lots of things (the movies link doesn't work yet) http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Global-P...paignID=369667 ... think that should be pretty universal

Last edited by a moderator:
So, after eating dinner tonight, I went to my local Beat Buy to pick up FC3 for $30. Figured Best Buy would close at 8; nope, mine closes at 7 on a Sunday. It was 7:05. I explained to the guy upfront that I knew exactly what I wanted and that it would take me all of 2 minutes, but he wouldn't budge. I guess I understand, but still disappointing. Thank God for Amazon price matching! I probably won't go into town until it arrives from Amazon anyways. It's a shame; I wanted the Reward points.

[quote name='htz']Sony Bluetooth Headset 2.0 *model 98097* $22.99
Sony 3D Glasses $13.99
PS Vita Cradle $6.99
PS Vita Car Charger $10.99
PS Vita Starter Kit by Rocketfish $6.99

Calibur11 - MLG Vault for Xbox 360 - Digi-Camo $9.99
De Blob 2 for Wii $9.99
Turtle Beach - Ear Force NLa Nintendo Gaming Headset + Stereo Sound for Wii U and 3DS - Black $22.99

Tritton Detonator Stereo Headset for Xbox 360 $45.99
*Amazon selling them for $70*

^From the other clearance Best Buy is doing.[/QUOTE]

I think sears has the headset for like $5. The ps vita cradle for $3.

Im glad some people got on the calibur11 MLG.

I notice people getting nba ballers.
how is that game? any good? Sounds like people just want it for the ball

[quote name='nccows']Only certain copies have the elite soldier pack. I bought mine for PS3 on Black Friday and didn't get the pack.[/QUOTE]

Ah, so the copy I got with the sticker = all good, but the one I got without the sticker won't have it.

Guess I know which copy to trade!

[quote name='nccows']So, after eating dinner tonight, I went to my local Beat Buy to pick up FC3 for $30. Figured Best Buy would close at 8; nope, mine closes at 7 on a Sunday. It was 7:05. I explained to the guy upfront that I knew exactly what I wanted and that it would take me all of 2 minutes, but he wouldn't budge. I guess I understand, but still disappointing. Thank God for Amazon price matching! I probably won't go into town until it arrives from Amazon anyways. It's a shame; I wanted the Reward points.[/QUOTE]

I was willing to be reasonable up to a certain point when I worked there. Someone who shows up right as the store closes, knows what they want and where to find it and is willing to get in/get out, cool.

The stoner and his girlfriend who showed up at 11:30pm on Black Friday got laughed out of the parking lot. No chance.

The store in Kennesaw, GA had quite a bit of stock left when I was there earlier today, including several copies of Xcom. The only game I did not see in stock was Pikmin 2, but luckily I already have that. I ended up getting eight games total for under $80. Not a bad weekend.

[quote name='SackAttack']I was willing to be reasonable up to a certain point when I worked there. Someone who shows up right as the store closes, knows what they want and where to find it and is willing to get in/get out, cool.

The stoner and his girlfriend who showed up at 11:30pm on Black Friday got laughed out of the parking lot. No chance.[/QUOTE]

I mean, I understood where the guy was coming from, I've just always had much better experiences at my Best Buy and was kind of disappointed. I've actually come to really like talking to one of the guys from the gaming section; whenever I buy anything, he gives me great recommendations on games I was already thinking about getting and always helps me try to find what what in looking for when some hooligan teenagers picked it up and moved it.

[quote name='nccows']CAGs, what should I do?

Saints Row the Third and Darksiders 2
Or Far Cry 3?[/QUOTE]

I always go with the option of getting 2 games over one. Saints Row is an amazing and really good game and Darksiders 2 is a great Dungeon Crawler? RPG? Adventure game. On the other hand I rented FarCry 3 from Redbox for three days and i beat it and got the most of it for three days.

[quote name='nccows']I mean, I understood where the guy was coming from, I've just always had much better experiences at my Best Buy and was kind of disappointed. I've actually come to really like talking to one of the guys from the gaming section; whenever I buy anything, he gives me great recommendations on games I was already thinking about getting and always helps me try to find what what in looking for when some hooligan teenagers picked it up and moved it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. It was contextual for me. Someone who pulled in, got out in a hurry, was moving with a quickness coming up to the store, etc...yeah, I'd look the other way.

Someone who couldn't be bothered on a day when we'd been open like 19 hours (as mentioned above), or someone who pulled up, got out, had a cigarette and THEN came up to the store even though we'd been either closed or closing the entire time? Nah. If it's not an urgent enough priority for you to move your ass, it's not a big enough priority of mine to let you in so I can stay at work longer while you meander.

Went to Target and price matched :
x2 Xcom PS3
Darksiders II 360

and

NBA baller (with the B-Ball) 360
x2 Saints Row the Third PS3

online. B2G1 Free was automatic. Did 'em in two separate transactions.

Couldn't price match Darksiders II limited edition copies because the picture doesn't have limited edition on it.
On top of all that, 5% off because I had a red card.
I'm a happy camper. :bouncy:

I picked up:

NBA Baller Beats (for the basketball, though I actually heard the game was pretty cool)
Rayman Origins
Xcom (because everyone talking about it intrigued me
Pikmin 2 (from online like 10 minutes after the sale went live...I hope I get it...)

debating Saints Row 3...but my backlog may not allow me to get it...

[quote name='nccows']CAGs, what should I do?

Saints Row the Third and Darksiders 2
Or Far Cry 3?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your taste really. If you're a collector, grab both because Far Cry 3 will probably drop in price eventually.

Now if you just want a great game to kill some time I would say Far Cry 3. While Saints Row 3 is good it's not great. It's actually a step down story-wise and gameplay wise from the #2 imo. I enjoyed Far Cry 3 immensely and after completing the story wanted to keep playing which says a lot.

As for Darksiders 2.. I just couldn't get into it.

Checked online last night at 2 and store pickup for Xcom -- said it was sold out / unavailable, so just got a copy of Far Cry 3 for store pickup. Went in there tonight 40 mins to closing and decided just to glance in case. Wonderful days. They in fact had a couple of copies of Xcom, and several other of the more popular titles, on a clearance endcap they had set up. I'm happy, just wish checking inventory online was a bit more accurate.
Still worth a trip to your local stores. I know mine will still have plenty for tomorrow at least.

[quote name='The Punisher']I think sears has the headset for like $5. The ps vita cradle for $3.

Im glad some people got on the calibur11 MLG.

I notice people getting nba ballers.
how is that game? any good? Sounds like people just want it for the ball[/QUOTE]
Based on reviews it seems like a decent game if your living room can handle the bouncing. I think of it as a basketball that comes with a game lol.

So, I ran out earlier and sure enough, there was Pikmin 2 on the shelf. I picked that up along with Rayman Origins.

I also placed an order (I may order a second) for the Sony 3D glasses for pick-up. Unfortunately, the nearest store is over an hour away, but fortunately, my daughter's grandparents live 5 minutes away from it.

The glasses aren't the most comfortable, but they are versatile since they are pretty much universal. I have one pair that came with my PS3 3D display and they work perfectly with my 2010 Samsung. Sure beats the $30+ for the battery powered Samsungs.

Had a change of heart during the day and decided to pick up Darksiders 2 in addition to my Pokemon and Rayman purchases.

The website says unavailable. Yikes. Maybe there's a few left on the shelf, I'll check tomorrow.

[quote name='Layd Dly']Not much but grabbed Darksiders II for the Wii U for $14.99 after using the free $5rwz coupon they gave me.[/QUOTE]

Nice, the BB website says the closest store that has it is over a bridge with tolls, so I don't know if I'll be able to spring for this one. Was hoping for it to be in stock closer.

[quote name='Samurai_X-51']Nice, the BB website says the closest store that has it is over a bridge with tolls, so I don't know if I'll be able to spring for this one. Was hoping for it to be in stock closer.[/QUOTE]

Are you in south jersey?

Travelling to Europe in two days.
I managed to lose my electrical adapter and just now realized it.
Pokemon Rumble Blast only available in store.
Best Buy sells the adapter I need, and I don't have enough time to have it shipped.
Perfect excuse to swing a little bit out of the way before work in the morning and nab Pokemon while I'm at it :cool: Something else to play around with on the flight too. :)

Grabbed Pikmin 2, Rayman Origins, Pokemon Rumble, and an Assassin's Creed Hardcover Guide. Still on the lookout for the Dragon Age 2 on the 360. Anyone know what the SKU is for it?

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Since Darksiders 2 is on sale in this thread.....

I have a pre-order code for Darksiders 2(360) Death Rides Pack DLC from a pre-order that I never used. These were supposed to go invalid late 2012, but a friend of mine used his for the first time in Jan, so it still may be good. First one to PM me gets it.

oops. Nevermind it is on sale for the Wii U. I thought it was 360. My fault. Whatever. Offer still stands if someone wants to try it and owns it for 360.[/QUOTE]
DarkSiders II was on sale for all 3 systems at the BB I went to.

Not gonna read through 29 pages to see if the question has been asked but if anyone was wondering, Saints Row The Third Collector's Edition DOES NOT ring up at $9.99.

[quote name='gamer sdp']i got the email about that surprise $5 rz cert but still don't see it.[/quote]

suprise!!!

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I got the email about that surprise $5 rz cert but still don't see it.[/QUOTE]
I called in and the rep said emails went out because they were supposed to be reminders for the previous surprise $5 cert from a few weeks ago. The rep said because I called in about it they just added 250 points = $5 cert to my account.

sorry if this has been answered before...is the SKU for normal Darksiders 2 and LE (first print) Darksiders 2 the same?

Grabbed Starhawk for $5.38 after a $5 RZ certificate I received a couple of weeks ago.
Thanks OP!
I've been wanting to pick it up for a while, I've heard the multiplayer is pretty awesome, hopefully people are still playing it.

[quote name='diishen']sorry if this has been answered before...is the SKU for normal Darksiders 2 and LE (first print) Darksiders 2 the same?[/QUOTE]

Yep, different SKUs.

Darksiders II LE (360): 3905186

Darksiders II (360): 6410941

Darksiders II (PS3): 6410832

For whatever reason the Darksiders II LE (PS3) didn't show up for me on BB.com

[quote name='TEC']I want XCOM but I don't see it on the list under PS3. Can anyone help me out here?[/QUOTE]

Here ya go! Sold out online but you should be able to check and see if there are any in your area.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/XCOM:+E...1218541220611&skuId=4840652&st=xcom&lp=2&cp=1

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']Couple of em back in stock for shipping.

Pikmin, SR3, etc.

gogogo[/QUOTE]
OMG, thank you so much! In for one copy of Pikmin 2.
Snagged Darksiders 2 WiiU, Pokemon Rumble Blast, and XCOM earlier already. Thanks OP!

They literally came back in stock, because I'm watching a movie on my comp and I tried refreshing every 20 min. My last check was OOS. This time in stock. So it's been back for under 30 min.

[quote name='mikepeluso']As someone who just owns an Xbox 360 this sale is depressing that all the good game are for other systems.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was at least disappointed that Saints Row wasn't on sale for the 360.

Pikmin, SR3, etc.

gogogo[/QUOTE]

Thank you my man. Nowhere around me had Pikmin 2 in stock, so I was glad to pick one up for shipping! :)

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']They literally came back in stock, because I'm watching a movie on my comp and I tried refreshing every 20 min. My last check was OOS. This time in stock. So it's been back for under 30 min.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up! Got mostly everything I wanted I just still want the AC3 guide to be available for shipping.

i had a good day..

x-com
saints row the third
dragons dogma ($15 with gamers club)
assassins creed 3 CE guide (hard cover) $6.00.

and i know this aint part of BB deal, but i stoped into gamestop and picked up a copy of ghostbusters (ps3) and i got a god of war pre-order poster (free)

[quote name='ShadowAssassin']They literally came back in stock, because I'm watching a movie on my comp and I tried refreshing every 20 min. My last check was OOS. This time in stock. So it's been back for under 30 min.[/QUOTE]

You're not really watching a movie if you stop paying attention to it every 20 min. ;)

Pikmin, SR3, etc.

gogogo[/QUOTE]

Thanks SA - was about to go to bed and literally shut off the comp. almost missed this.

[quote name='Romeo']You're not really watching a movie if you stop paying attention to it every 20 min. ;)[/QUOTE]

Eh... the way I watch movies anymore, it takes me about 4 hours because I take like 10 breaks. It's probably why I don't go to movie theaters anymore.

Either that or I'm just a cheap bastard.

bread's done
Back