New blu-ray price drops at Amazon. $4-6 range

anderson4145

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Same for Mill Creek. I still think they're the same. It's nice that they occasionally the pick up things that haven't been released on disc before, but the quality on Blu-rays, from the picture quality to the case/artwork, is horrendous.

They don't come close to doing what Shout does now.

Last edited by a moderator:
From Dusk Till Dawn is Echo Bridge release. Avoid like the plague.
On the other hand, eh... it's $5, and it's still (at least a bit) better than the DVD. Might not be worth an upgrade if you've got the DVD, but if you don't have the movie at all and want it, it's a feasible option. We're probably not going to get a better US release anytime soon.

I've heard that some of the import versions are better, but I have yet to convince myself that I care about this particular movie enough to drop the extra cash to import it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only issue with that version of the Patriot is although it's the extended version it suffers the same syndrome most of those tend to have which is it's extended and shows new scenes but other scenes or moments are cut. I watched that thing religiously with my brother when I had the DVD and when I got the Blu I was disappointed how many things were taken out.

I also heard that the Dawn-To-Dusk is a bad release. They're no really high def but slap the DVD version of the movie onto a BluRay disc and just call it Bluray.

I also heard that the Dawn-To-Dusk is a bad release. They're no really high def but slap the DVD version of the movie onto a BluRay disc and just call it Bluray.
No, it's definitely a high-def transfer... just not a particularly good one. But it is, like I said, noticeably better than the DVD. And it's got lossless audio, which is also an improvement over the DVD. Here's a review of the release which gives a pretty fair summary of the good and bad points of it:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/From-Dusk-Till-Dawn-Blu-ray/20901/#Review

Now where you need to be even more wary, and where you could be looking at no better than DVD quality, is some of Echo Bridge's multi-film releases (including the From Dusk Till Dawn Series set with the sequels), because they tend to put multiple movies (sometimes as many as four or five!) on a single disc. To accomplish that, they compress them really heavily, and the already bad quality of their transfers completely goes to shit. If you are going to buy this film, the single movie release is definitely the way to go (and the direct-to-video sequels suck anyway).

bread's done
Back