New Blue Bash Skylander up for pre-order at Toysrus

jericholic101

CAGiversary!
Just came across this a little while ago. Toysrus is taking pre-orders on a Blue Bash to be shipped 4/2/12. Here is the link.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=12763914

Also new videos are available on the 3 new characters Sunburn, Zook and Lightning Rod.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/06/three-new-skylanders-shock-burn-and-boom-into-spyros-adventure/

Just looked and walmart has listed without pictures new single packs
Warnado
Zook
Ignitor
Lightning Rod
Wham Shell
http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...constraint=0&pref_store=2056&depts=V_Bk_E&ref=

Now we have individual colors?!? Milking us for every penny.
I like the original ones. They look more like things and not blobs of plastic.

[quote name='benjamouth']Ahhh what the hell, I've not done this before.....

This is NOT a deal OP !!!!!!! *Internet Rage*[/QUOTE]

Chill, these things are hard to find so if you can pre-order them it is a deal.

[quote name='Kaiser499']Chill, these things are hard to find so if you can pre-order them it is a deal.[/QUOTE]

I think he was making a joke.

I was in for one, even with the stupid verification....until it decided my security code on the card was invalid. My info is literally all correct, yet it still won't put the card through. So nevermind, I'm not going to work to give you my money.

[quote name='draven1089']So should I pre-order and sit on it for a month then try to unload it on ebay?[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same thing (if only to help pay for more Skylanders in the future)...but shipping on this kills the deal for me.

Damn. When did this TRU exclusive Legendary Trigger Happy that is OOS for shipping go live. In for one preorder though. Thanks OP.

[quote name='benjamouth']Ahhh what the hell, I've not done this before.....

This is NOT a deal OP !!!!!!! *Internet Rage*[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with this because of the obvious mark up on these, I mean seriously, $9.99 for the blue Bash and $8.96 for the figs at Wal-Mart? I know it's just a dollar or two, but this is extactly why I haven't bought any new Skylanders since I purchased the starter kit, I'm not going to support these retailers and their price gouging just because they want to make some extra money off the latest toy craze.

Thanks for the notification. My younger son loves Bash, and has been saving for a while to get every style of Bash available. Better to get it for $15 now than have him try to buy it when it's $50 on ebay. Just wish I could order a 2nd for myself. :)

EDIT: Just went to look at it again and help a friend order one for his kids. Looks like it's no longer available.

And why would we want a blue bash or any ones that do not have the details. They look stupid. Once again, I do not buy skylanders from any retailers who charge over 7.99. I am assuming that the maker is just making a one color version because it costs less for them than the original multi-color ones. This is a shame. My son is over them all ready. Activision shot themsleves in the foot by not having a supply. The craze is over.

[quote name='RagManX']Thanks for the notification. My younger son loves Bash, and has been saving for a while to get every style of Bash available. Better to get it for $15 now than have him try to buy it when it's $50 on ebay. Just wish I could order a 2nd for myself. :)[/QUOTE]
And why would you need more than 1 version of bash? Waste of money because this will end up in a tub with all the Mc Donald's toys.

Thanks Jeric! I needed Bash anyway, so I went ahead and ordered one. $16 after shipping, but it's bound to be way more expensive in the aftermarket.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']And why would you need more than 1 version of bash? Waste of money because this will end up in a tub with all the Mc Donald's toys.[/QUOTE]

Way to tell him what to collect and how to treat his collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
The listing seems to be gone now? The link doesn't work. Can't find him with a search either.

[quote name='BegFourMercy']And why would you need more than 1 version of bash? Waste of money because this will end up in a tub with all the Mc Donald's toys.[/QUOTE]

Same reason I have still have my City of Villains mini-figures, my Bioshock Big-Daddy, and all the Halo models I have. Because I can afford it and I like them. And while I agree that all of your money that I spend on my toys is indeed a waste, what I do with my own money doesn't feel like a waste to me.

[quote name='RagManX']Same reason I have still have my City of Villains mini-figures, my Bioshock Big-Daddy, and all the Halo models I have. Because I can afford it and I like them. And while I agree that all of your money that I spend on my toys is indeed a waste, what I do with my own money doesn't feel like a waste to me.[/QUOTE]

this x 1000 :applause::applause:

I don't really like Bash but something tells me that I'm gonna end up with this thing.

Also, 8.99 is the new MSRP for that one guy angry about "markups."

[quote name='confoosious']this x 1000 :applause::applause:

I don't really like Bash but something tells me that I'm gonna end up with this thing.

Also, 8.99 is the new MSRP for that one guy angry about "markups."[/QUOTE]

8.99 is not MSRP. It is just stores taking your money. It is so funny that you do whatever a manufacturer wants and think it is the best way. Make a stand for the price gouging now.

The blue Bash has been delisted already - they must have sold through their preorders. Glad I made a stand and ordered right away.

BTW, colored Skylander variants have better stats than the regular versions, so they actually are a bit better than normal. Legendary Trigger Happy even has some exclusive ability, apparently.

[quote name='eastx']The blue Bash has been delisted already - they must have sold through their preorders. Glad I made a stand and ordered right away.

BTW, colored Skylander variants have better stats than the regular versions, so they actually are a bit better than normal. Legendary Trigger Happy even has some exclusive ability, apparently.[/QUOTE]

Just saw this now. Wish it had been there earlier and I could have ordered it with bash to justify the shipping cost.

Thanks Op! Ignore the haters.

Heads up, I think I read somewhere that the Sunburn pack is a TRU exclusive for a month. Gonna hit up a TRU today so we'll see how this turns out.

[quote name='jericholic101']Just saw this now. Wish it had been there earlier and I could have ordered it with bash to justify the shipping cost.[/QUOTE]

Legendary Trigger Happy
Well I just looked it is available to order for in store pick up close by. Hopefully they can fulfill the order.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Thanks Op! Ignore the haters.

Heads up, I think I read somewhere that the Sunburn pack is a TRU exclusive for a month. Gonna hit up a TRU today so we'll see how this turns out.[/QUOTE]

Hey, this was the first time I was ever able to start a topic and I guess I picked the wrong forum. But it has to be better then just writing FIRST!!!

[quote name='UnrealZero']Biggest scam. People complain about Dlc being expensive yet this is okay because they are toys. :l[/QUOTE]

Many, many toylines include colored variants. It's the nature of toy collecting, and not an actual scam at all.

[quote name='UnrealZero']Biggest scam. People complain about Dlc being expensive yet this is okay because they are toys. :l[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear you. But one, this keeps my 9 year old happy and two, I can sell a physical DLC to a game. There is no arguement that this one game has now cost me way too much money. I currently have every character that has been out, with the except of the lava level that came bundled with the bestbuy starter sets. Bought the 3ds starter just for the 2 exclusive (per my first post Ignitor is no longer exclusive to the 3ds) Would never do this for anyother game. I have gotten to the point where my huge back log has mandated that i wait on new games till the price drops. No need for day one purchases anymore.

[quote name='barrit']I didn't either. It's still available for in-store pick up at TRU though. There is one near me, but I not sure if I will get it.[/QUOTE]

Ordered one this morning for in store pick up and was just cancelled. Just attempted to do it to another store. fingers crossed.

I just tried an in-store pickup now. Im in PST and stores dont open for another 18 mins...hoping they will set it aside before customers show up.

Edit: Success! Picked it up tonight..they even had 5 or 6 more on the shelf.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, we still need 3 more elements form the first set, the new stuff is coming out already? Well at least I know what my kid is getting for Christmas if the WiiU falls thru.

Just got confirmation that my Legendary Trigger Happy is ready for pickup at the second Toysrus. Hoping by luck I can snag a Dragons Peak when I pick up the order.

Nice. When I did my preorder for Blue Bash, Legenday Trigger Happy wasn't available in my area for store pick up. Checked again and now it is. Placed an order. Fingers crossed I get that your order is ready for pick up email.

Activision should pull a Jack White and sell all the Skylanders they produce on ebay. I would love them so much if they did that and cemented their "evilness".

[quote name='eastx']The blue Bash has been delisted already - they must have sold through their preorders. Glad I made a stand and ordered right away.

BTW, colored Skylander variants have better stats than the regular versions, so they actually are a bit better than normal. Legendary Trigger Happy even has some exclusive ability, apparently.[/QUOTE]

This is only true for the Legendary figures. I've actually looked at the code of the game and it lists every unique figure - the gold, silver, and blue variants are not listed anywhere in the game which means they're identical to their regular paint-job brethren. Only the 4 legendary figures have increased stats (and Dark Spyro).

[quote name='o0achilles0o']This is only true for the Legendary figures. I've actually looked at the code of the game and it lists every unique figure - the gold, silver, and blue variants are not listed anywhere in the game which means they're identical to their regular paint-job brethren. Only the 4 legendary figures have increased stats (and Dark Spyro).[/QUOTE]

I wonder if it will be put in via update? According to this article it says it will be stronger:

“In April we have the release of the Iridescent Blue Bash which a figure that is unique because its decor was voted on by fans. Of course it is more powerful than the regular Bash.”

Source: http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/02/trigger-happy-and-iridescent-blue-bash-skylanders-appear/

[quote name='barrit']I wonder if it will be put in via update? According to this article it says it will be stronger:

“In April we have the release of the Iridescent Blue Bash which a figure that is unique because its decor was voted on by fans. Of course it is more powerful than the regular Bash.”

Source: http://www.wired.com/geekdad/2012/02/trigger-happy-and-iridescent-blue-bash-skylanders-appear/[/QUOTE]

Couldn't they just give it the stats of a Legendary Bash....?

[quote name='gpgorbosjr']Couldn't they just give it the stats of a Legendary Bash....?[/QUOTE]

Very true. It could just be a mirror image of the legendary version's stats.

[quote name='thegame85']I must say im a little disappointed in Legendary Trigger Happy's stat increase. He is only +10 in speed and that's it :/[/QUOTE]

But are his max stats increased?

EDIT: From what I see his speed is the same but armor is increased by 12....

I dont know...I'm just judging off the playing card...I haven't played as him yet. This game is not friendly when you have a 16 month old toddler on the prowl.

bread's done
Back