New Borderlands Players

Black Gatsby

CAGiversary!
With next week's promo at Best Buy where you can get Borderlands GOTY for $10 by pre ordering Borderlands 2, I was wondering if anyone was planning on getting into Borderlands for the first time. The game has interested me for a while but I haven't got around to buying it. Everyone talks about co-op is a lot of fun but I don't know how active the PS3 community is.

Thanks

Borderlands is fun for most people but that is not the case for me. I find it really repetitive spending a long time traversing the barren wastelands @_@

[quote name='mrcheeses']Borderlands is fun for most people but that is not the case for me. I find it really repetitive spending a long time traversing the barren wastelands @_@[/QUOTE]
I think that's why I ended up not being able to stand games like Borderlands and the Fallout series, since that's all that was to them. Barren, fuckin' wastelands with nothing but random encounters with enemies. I'd rather they put some hidden shit in those areas, like guns & other stuff or make whole areas you can explore and mess around in without being attacked between missions.

Instead it's usually 'oh crap here come some marauders' or 'oh fuck here come some '. Lame.

i bought it for $20 for amazon, and still have no open it. I kinda regretting getting it for that price

I bought the GOTY from Target last year sometime for around $8 for PS3. I lent it to a buddy of mine to play through, then tried it myself and almost fell asleep playing it. It went to BB for trade the next day.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I bought the GOTY from Target last year sometime for around $8 for PS3. I lent it to a buddy of mine to play through, then tried it myself and almost fell asleep playing it. It went to BB for trade the next day.[/QUOTE]

how did you get it for $8, from clerance sale?

[quote name='YBX87']how did you get it for $8, from clerance sale?[/QUOTE]
Yeah. It was on clearance for $8 or so. It was the earlier GOTY edition version though, that came with the additional content on a DLC voucher. So I gave my buddy the base game to play through and kept the voucher, which I still have to this day.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Nah. I would never pay more than $1-5 for ANY sports title. It's a waste of money/credit imo.[/QUOTE]

i payed $10 for madden nfl 12 during bb dotd,LOL. Mind if i add you on psn?

[quote name='YBX87']i payed $10 for madden nfl 12 during bb dotd,LOL. Mind if i add you on psn?[/QUOTE]
Sure. But I gotta warn you that the name I have listed on here isn't my main PSN name. Moreover, that's a capital I in place of a lower case L in the word Playstation, since I guess Sony has all PS/Playstation/etc names locked up.

My main name on PSN is CheapestGamer. I mainly play GTA IV Episodes(usually Ballad Of Gay Tony) online or right now I'm playing Dead Island co-op with another CAG.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Sure. But I gotta warn you that the name I have listed on here isn't my main PSN name. Moreover, that's a capital I in place of a lower case L in the word Playstation, since I guess Sony has all PS/Playstation/etc names locked up.

My main name on PSN is CheapestGamer. I mainly play GTA IV Episodes(usually Ballad Of Gay Tony) online or right now I'm playing Dead Island co-op with another CAG.[/QUOTE]

ok, got it

I think i just might preorder 2 and pick up the first one, thanks for letting me know about the promo. I have had hands on time with both games and i can say that borderlands 2 has a lot more variety and it looks fucking great but plays better. They really stepped up things for the second one.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I think that's why I ended up not being able to stand games like Borderlands and the Fallout series, since that's all that was to them. Barren, fuckin' wastelands with nothing but random encounters with enemies. I'd rather they put some hidden shit in those areas, like guns & other stuff or make whole areas you can explore and mess around in without being attacked between missions.

Instead it's usually 'oh crap here come some marauders' or 'oh fuck here come some '. Lame.[/QUOTE]

There are weapons hidden around in Borderlands.

[quote name='surak']There are weapons hidden around in Borderlands.[/QUOTE]
Interesting. But I guess playing mostly sandbox titles has spoiled me for most games that require playing the story right through.

I'm always willing to play again. I have 1 low level character still and would love to join the fun. I've put 100's of hours into the title and am so excited for 2. I have already pre-ordered it. PSN screen name RAZRVAMP. To answer your question the PS3 community is small but very active still

I played through the game and enjoyed it. Been awhile though. I am getting Borderlands 2. And ever since watching someone cast Borderlands, he was with a buddy locally, it got me all in the mood and feel I should play with a friend in Borderlands 2. I never played it with anyone in the 1st one.

Thing is though, the friends I know online are either PC only, 360 only or don't have the games that I do. It's mostly those first 2 things there though. Makes me feel I need to make some PS3 buddies. Just dunno where to start though. Feels anytime I do try to go for a friend based on that, neither of us makes an effort and nothing ever comes of it. I want someone I can be friends with, chat online and game together, get along well with and all that good stuff.

Suppose that is off topic though. Anyway Borderlands 2 seems to look better than the first. Improving and adding which is what a sequel should do. Unlike some sequels that take away things that were good and everyone liked, a game I will not name. How it seems they put in more color in the environment which shows they were listening to others saying it lacked such. I just hope the PS3 version is just as good as the 360 one. The first one it was fairly equal though PS3 version had better character textures which made it look better.

But yeah, it seems fun to play with others, though I can only go based on seeing those 2 guys play on cast.

[quote name='Raukue']I played through the game and enjoyed it. Been awhile though. I am getting Borderlands 2. And ever since watching someone cast Borderlands, he was with a buddy locally, it got me all in the mood and feel I should play with a friend in Borderlands 2. I never played it with anyone in the 1st one.

Thing is though, the friends I know online are either PC only, 360 only or don't have the games that I do. It's mostly those first 2 things there though. Makes me feel I need to make some PS3 buddies. Just dunno where to start though. Feels anytime I do try to go for a friend based on that, neither of us makes an effort and nothing ever comes of it. I want someone I can be friends with, chat online and game together, get along well with and all that good stuff.

Suppose that is off topic though. Anyway Borderlands 2 seems to look better than the first. Improving and adding which is what a sequel should do. Unlike some sequels that take away things that were good and everyone liked, a game I will not name. How it seems they put in more color in the environment which shows they were listening to others saying it lacked such. I just hope the PS3 version is just as good as the 360 one. The first one it was fairly equal though PS3 version had better character textures which made it look better.

it seems fun to play with others, though I can only go based on seeing those 2 guys play on cast.[/QUOTE]

yeah,that is the problem i have. that was one reason i start posting on this forum, hoping to find other ps3 players to coop games or play multiplayer games with online like battlefield 3. I am more into first person shooting games, because most of my friends either don't have consoles, and only play on pc, or they have ps3, but do not like like to play multiplayer games on consoles. but from posting on the ps3 forum on cag, it looks pretty dead compare to the 360 and pc side

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='YBX87']yeah,that is the problem i have. that was one reason i start posting on this forum, hoping to find other ps3 players to coop games or play multiplayer games with online like battlefield 3. I am more into first person shooting games, because most of my friends either don't have consoles, and only play on pc, or they have ps3, but do not like like to play multiplayer games on consoles. but from posting on the ps3 forum on cag, it looks pretty dead compare to the 360 and pc side[/QUOTE]
I've actually tried adding some folks from CAG before to my friends list on PSN. But I don't end up keeping them on there very long if we're not playing the same games. To me it really makes no sense to keep people on there unless you're actually playing together. Then again, by that logic, half of my current friends on there should've been gone 6 months ago, since many of them stopped playing the few games we used to play together.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I've actually tried adding some folks from CAG before to my friends list on PSN. But I don't end up keeping them on there very long if we're not playing the same games. To me it really makes no sense to keep people on there unless you're actually playing together. Then again, by that logic, half of my current friends on there should've been gone 6 months ago, since many of them stopped playing the few games we used to play together.[/QUOTE]

is there like a limit on # of ppl you have on your friends list? if so, what is that #?

[quote name='YBX87']is there like a limit on # of ppl you have on your friends list? if so, what is that #?[/QUOTE]
I always thought it was 25-30, but apparently according to multiple sources it's 100. Then again, I don't think I've ever had more than 20-25 on my list MAX at any time. I tend to delete people if I don't play a game with them in a while with only a few rare exceptions.

has the ps3 side of the forum always been this dead? cuz i peek into 360 side of the forum, it seems more active

[quote name='YBX87']has the ps3 side of the forum always been this dead? cuz i peek into 360 side of the forum, it seems more active[/QUOTE]
Not sure. I know the PSN "deals" thread is usually pretty active, but I think that's on the actual game deals section.

[quote name='YBX87']yeah,that is the problem i have. that was one reason i start posting on this forum, hoping to find other ps3 players to coop games or play multiplayer games with online like battlefield 3. I am more into first person shooting games, because most of my friends either don't have consoles, and only play on pc, or they have ps3, but do not like like to play multiplayer games on consoles. but from posting on the ps3 forum on cag, it looks pretty dead compare to the 360 and pc side[/QUOTE]

Yeah because.... Amurrica! Sigh.

Anyway yeah I dunno it feels anyone I could add... doesn't seem like the kind of gamer I'd enjoy being friends with. Course I dunno them as a person but with how it feels anyone is into shooters only, makes me feel they aren't that true of a gamer and would dislike MANY games.

But yeah it's like in a MMO or otherwise for me. Try to make a friend but it never becomes anything. We don't talk or do things ever and not even become friends so yeah.

Just be nice to find someone whom I get along with, we share things and games in common and talk about games and other things. Have a very understanding mind and open and all that other good stuff. Seems hard to find though.

So yeah I dunno. Just I lose interest and not focused like I feel now. Just... I dunno. Oh well.

bread's done
Back