New Burnout at Best Buy

hfdpro

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Just got back from Best Buy. They are giving a $10.00 gift card with the purchase of the new Burnout Revenge games as per their ad, and also for Legends on the PSP which I picked up. I don't get their ad so I was surprised at the register.

I just got back from BB and saw nothing about it posted around the display where they had the game. I didn't bother to look at the ad.

BTW, they have new GGC. I posted about it in the official GGC thread but I'm not sure how many check that out anymore.

[quote name='hfdpro']Just got back from Best Buy. They are giving a $10.00 gift card with the purchase of the new Burnout Revenge games as per their ad, and also for Legends on the PSP which I picked up. I don't get their ad so I was surprised at the register.[/QUOTE]

That's kind of wierd that it wasn't in the ad but you got that deal. Anyway, I was there yesterday and the fucker went to the back to get it but then came back and said oh well I guess we can't sell it till tomorrow, the 15th. I'm like, the ship date was the 13th and there wasn't an official release date so you should be able to sell it. Then he starts mumbling something about getting in trouble with the manufacturer and getting sued blah blah blah so I just walked out and went across the street to Target and got it there.

Brought home the circular from Best Buy. On page 12 at the very top it says:
Free $10.00 gift card with purchase of Rainbow Six Lockdown or Burnout Revnege.
Like I said, it also worked on Burnout Legends for the PSP.
Just checked the ad online also, and found the same deal.

Of course they didn't let me use it for the purchase of Burnout, but I did use it on Namco Museum for the PSP, as well as using the $5.00 off coupons.

[quote name='hfdpro']Brought home the circular from Best Buy. On page 12 at the very top it says:
Just checked the ad online also, and found the same deal.[/QUOTE]

i just checked my local BB sunday ad and the online circular. they don't offer the gift card for burnout revenge or lockdown.

[quote name='H-Town Info']i just checked my local BB sunday ad and the online circular. they don't offer the gift card for burnout revenge or lockdown.[/QUOTE]

I typed up the BB thread last Wednesday and I'm certain it's NOT listed with a $10 GC. I wonder if this could be regionally. :whistle2:k

EDIT: I know online they do ask for a ZIP code to access the weekly ad.

[quote name='hfdpro']Brought home the circular from Best Buy. On page 12 at the very top it says:
Just checked the ad online also, and found the same deal.[/QUOTE]

This is the top of page 12 as I see it. Perhaps this is a region specific deal?

Gonna wait til ToysRUs has their annual (seems like annual since it has happened for the past 3 years) B2G1 deal. This game is awesome, but I'm too much of a CAG to buy at retail. Anything over $19.99 nowadays seems like highway robbery for me. :razz:

I had a $20.00 gift card from a Showtime deal with DTV, plus the $5.00 off coupon. That's the only reason I picked this one up. The $10.00 free gift card was a nice surprise.

[quote name='javeryh']That's 0.02 too rich for my tastes.[/QUOTE]

So are you going to just never buy another game for your PSP? Emu can't be that much fun. Personally, if there's any old game I want to play I just plug in the ol' NES or SNES.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']So are you going to just never buy another game for your PSP? Emu can't be that much fun. Personally, if there's any old game I want to play I just plug in the ol' NES or SNES.[/QUOTE]

No... I'm hoping that 2.0 gets cracked and then I can get all of the games I want up until that point. Sure I'll always be behind the curve but it doesn't bother me. Although if we go another year and it's not cracked I'll have caved by then...

[quote name='javeryh']No... I'm hoping that 2.0 gets cracked and then I can get all of the games I want up until that point. Sure I'll always be behind the curve but it doesn't bother me. Although if we go another year and it's not cracked I'll have caved by then...[/QUOTE]

Ok but Burnout is REALLY fun... You know, not that I'm trying to tempt you or anything.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']Ok but Burnout is REALLY fun... You know, not that I'm trying to tempt you or anything.[/QUOTE]

I know - it looks great. My problem is that I play portable systems about 95% of the time I play videogames (on the train to work). I place a VERY high value on a game just being portable and if I like a game I won't hesitate to buy it for PSP or GBA even though it might have an identical console counterpart that I've already purchased (like HSG). I'm afraid that upgrading for one or two games in the short term will be fun but long term I'll wish I could play some Tecmo Bowl or Baseball Stars or Kid Icarus and it won't be an option anymore...

[quote name='javeryh']I know - it looks great. My problem is that I play portable systems about 95% of the time I play videogames (on the train to work). I place a VERY high value on a game just being portable and if I like a game I won't hesitate to buy it for PSP or GBA even though it might have an identical console counterpart that I've already purchased (like HSG). I'm afraid that upgrading for one or two games in the short term will be fun but long term I'll wish I could play some Tecmo Bowl or Baseball Stars or Kid Icarus and it won't be an option anymore...[/QUOTE]

That's true and I went through the same struggle when the web browser came out because I was still on 1.5 up until that point. I figured it would be too much hassle to get it going anyway so I said to hell with it and upgraded. Between Legends and Infected, (possibly also X-Men Legends II) I think I'm happy with my decision.

Edit- Oh hell, I forgot GTA!

[quote name='RedvsBlue']That's true and I went through the same struggle when the web browser came out because I was still on 1.5 up until that point. I figured it would be too much hassle to get it going anyway so I said to hell with it and upgraded. Between Legends and Infected, (possibly also X-Men Legends II) I think I'm happy with my decision.

Edit- Oh hell, I forgot GTA![/QUOTE]

yeah, games I REALLY want to play that are coming up are:

Burnout Legends
GTA: Liberty City Stories
Rockman Rockman
Prince of Persia 3
Katamari Damacy PSP
Virtua Tennis
Madden 2006
SSX On Tour
Winning Eleven 9

Wow that's a lot maybe I'll have to rethink my stance on upgrading... it would be nice to have a web browser... I wonder if it would work on the train?

[quote name='javeryh']yeah, games I REALLY want to play that are coming up are:

Burnout Legends
GTA: Liberty City Stories
Rockman Rockman
Prince of Persia 3
Katamari Damacy PSP
Virtua Tennis
Madden 2006
SSX On Tour
Winning Eleven 9

Wow that's a lot maybe I'll have to rethink my stance on upgrading... it would be nice to have a web browser... I wonder if it would work on the train?[/QUOTE]

That was just officially confirmed at TGS and the news was just posted on Gamespot. Now its more than just rumors, its official! That'd be a fun one to pick up.

I can confirm that I got Burnout Revenge at my local Best Buy for $40. The game rang up for $50 but a sign in the back of the store said that the game came with a $10 Gift Card. Instead of getting the $10 gift card they simply changed the price to $40.

[quote name='cicada17']I can confirm that I got Burnout Revenge at my local Best Buy for $40. The game rang up for $50 but a sign in the back of the store said that the game came with a $10 Gift Card. Instead of getting the $10 gift card they simply changed the price to $40.[/QUOTE]
where are you located? Just wondering, due to it maybe being region specific deal

[quote name='jjz203']Gonna wait til ToysRUs has their annual (seems like annual since it has happened for the past 3 years) B2G1 deal. This game is awesome, but I'm too much of a CAG to buy at retail. Anything over $19.99 nowadays seems like highway robbery for me. :razz:[/QUOTE]

Is that around October or November?....I was trying to remember when that deal was...Anyone know?

[quote name='cruzincontrol']Is that around October or November?....I was trying to remember when that deal was...Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

Late October

[quote name='ryanbph']where are you located? Just wondering, due to it maybe being region specific deal[/QUOTE]
Cincinnati, Fields Ertel location

[quote name='jjz203']Gonna wait til ToysRUs has their annual (seems like annual since it has happened for the past 3 years) B2G1 deal. This game is awesome, but I'm too much of a CAG to buy at retail. Anything over $19.99 nowadays seems like highway robbery for me. :razz:[/QUOTE]

I've never really done anything when TRU had the buy 2 get 1 free sale... assuming it happens this year, would that mean that any game they have is elligible?

There are apps that'll let you bypass the firmware update on new games without resorting to piracy. So you don't have to choose between new games and homebrew. Just search around the web. Shouldn't be hard to find.

For all of you PSP fans....there is a small and easy program that TRICKS your 1.50 PSP into thinking it is 1.52. Look for WAB version switcher. I used it today....works great, does not cause any problems either. You can leave it at 1.52 or switch back to 1.50. However, I just leave it at 1.52 now....homebrew plays FINE,

Even after B2G1, I don't think you're getting this game for $19.99. Unless you meant NEXT year's B2G1.

I bought it earlier at a Best Buy in SoCal. No mention of it anywhere in the ad or store, so it's probably a huge YMMV.

[quote name='ransom456']Even after B2G1, I don't think you're getting this game for $19.99. Unless you meant NEXT year's B2G1.[/QUOTE]
Who said anything about buying for $19.99 at TRU? I just mean it will be significantly cheaper than buying it for full price like some are doing now. And last year had great titles that just came out during their B2G1 sale, GTA:SA anyone? I know I bought like a CRAPLOAD of GTA:SA and ebayed them to make the 6 games I bought for really cheap (or free for the most part after profits). :lol: So if there are AAA title games that come out next month, then yes, in theory, I can buy Burnout revenge for $19.99 or less. It takes a smart man to make a deal if there isn't one. :booty: And I wasn't hoarding either last year since it wasn't like TRU was sold out of GTA anytime during the sale. I only buy a lot if there is a lot.

n00bie, which Best Buy location was it? I'm in Mira Mesa and might check out my local BB tomorrow or the one in Mission Valley which has been confirmed.

[quote name='menikmati']n00bie, which Best Buy location was it? I'm in Mira Mesa and might check out my local BB tomorrow or the one in Mission Valley which has been confirmed.[/QUOTE]

It was Palmdale. The manager guy was giving me trouble anyway, because he said I can't use the $5 RZ certificate I had and the $5 off coupon since they were two combining offers. I talked him into letting me slide (even though it works with everyone else). He also said that they're not supposed to sell the cards to customers that buy them only for the coupon. That's laughable.

[quote name='n00bie']It was Palmdale. The manager guy was giving me trouble anyway, because he said I can't use the $5 RZ certificate I had and the $5 off coupon since they were two combining offers. I talked him into letting me slide (even though it works with everyone else). He also said that they're not supposed to sell the cards to customers that buy them only for the coupon. That's laughable.[/QUOTE]

tell them they should put a minimum on the giftcards, i always get them for a penny and junk them.

bread's done
Back