NEW CAG Club Nintendo U (I2B - WWHD; See 1st Post for New Info)

Pretty cool, but 700 seems steep for a canvas caddy that you can basically get at a dollar store, sans the mario print, of course.

[quote name='moothemagiccow']Is there any purchase deadline on intend-to-buy surveys? Could I fill out an I2B and buy the game 2 years from now?[/QUOTE]
In regards to after you fill out the survey, my Kirby collection product registration survey has an expiration date of Sept 2017, and the DKCR 3D games (which I don't ever remember filling out the I2B survey) is listed at May 2018.

That gives you five years to buy the games that you fill out the I2B survey, though ACNL does expire June 2 to fill out the survey.

I believe he's asking if he can still get the 10 bonus coins if buying the game well down the road. I think that's still true. Correct me if I'm wrong but the timeline is something like that

Release Date minus 7 days: Deadline to complete ITB survey for 10 bonus coins awarded on actual registration (not available for all games)
Release Date plus 4 weeks: Deadline for 10 coin early registration bonus (not available for all games)

PIN entry + 7 days: Deadline to complete registration survey (physical game)
Purchase + 30 days: Deadline to complete registration survey (digital game)

Normal coins+ITB+early reg coins awarded after registration survey

Registration survey + 120 days: Deadline to complete post-play survey - 10 more coins

Total potential coins: ITB (10) + Early Reg (10) + normal coins + Post Play Survey (10)

Could they have made it more complicated? Doubtful :p

Hmm... I like the caddy and I'm a sucker for the 'limited' items, but I can't justify registering another 350 points this close to the year turnover. I've already gone way above and beyond this year because of the gold nunchuk, so I think this one is gonna have to be a pass.

[quote name='Billytwoshoes']In regards to after you fill out the survey, my Kirby collection product registration survey has an expiration date of Sept 2017, and the DKCR 3D games (which I don't ever remember filling out the I2B survey) is listed at May 2018.

That gives you five years to buy the games that you fill out the I2B survey, though ACNL does expire June 2 to fill out the survey.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Billy, that was it.

The Super Mario Accessory Box is now OOS. Even though the description said supplies were limited it didn't seem 700 points worthy to me. Hopefully we'll see more new physical items for redemption.

Also, don't forget to complete the I2Bs for Animal Crossing: New Leaf by Sunday.

registered my 3ds but not the pin (have to find the box).  I apparently had many games post play surveys expire :bomb:  and even some regular surveys somehow! :wall:

nothing appears in the to-do area so I guess there's no intend to buys atm.  Going to be entering some pins this weekend.  when is the platinum deadline?

registered my 3ds but not the pin (have to find the box). I apparently had many games post play surveys expire :bomb: and even some regular surveys somehow! :wall:

nothing appears in the to-do area so I guess there's no intend to buys atm. Going to be entering some pins this weekend. when is the platinum deadline?
The initial registration for games (the ones that are worth the most coins) expire 7 days after entering the codes while logged onto your CN, so it is a good idea to do those asap. The post play surveys expire 120 days after registering, and you must wait 7 days after the initial registration before the PPS is available.

That out of the way, the CN year ends June 30th, so any product registered until then count towards the 2012-2013 CN year. Anything registered July 1st or later will be for the 2013-2014 CN year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some stuff came back for rewards:

I want to say that game rack and Bowser folder and bookmarks are new but I'm not 100% positive.
They both look new to me, thanks for the heads-up!
After a little Googling, those two items were items offered in the past and haven't been in stock for so long that we didn't remember them. Not sure how or why CN offered them again. The Mario Poster Set is the only one left still in stock of the items I listed earlier.

As for reminders:

Today is the last day to complete the I2Bs for Game & Wario.

The 10 coin bonus ends on June 23 for Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D and July 9 for Animal Crossing: New Leaf.

I misplaced DK 3DS and just hope I can find it in time to get 50 coins :hot: 

When I posted on the 14th, I did not see any Wario intend to buy thing on my account!

Yeah I'm not waiting to spend expiring coins any more. Very few new things get added, and even when they do they usually sell out.
The selection is getting pittifully bad, since the digital rewards were announced. I had points expiring next week and in Dec. so I just blew 800 on a shirt and the cloth case. But come Dec., I have NO IDEA on what I'm going to get it CN keeps on with this dwindling stock and these extremely limited re-stocks, by the time I see them being up, its a week later and they've already sold out in less than two days.

what the fuck, does everyone check club nintendo every damn day or something....? I took care of getting platnium this year, but like always it'll probably go to Strell, since they haven't had anything once that I wanted since I've started using the program two years ago. Almost makes me wish I was in Europe or JPN sometimes with this program, they get so much more to choose from and it's always so much better. Free or not, it still sucks sometimes. But this is NOA so I know better after all of these years...

I want them to bring back the 3DS/DS cart case.

I love that thing and would like to get another for the bf as he keeps trying to steal mine.

But $20 on amazon and ebay is crazy.

I'm sorry if this has been answered but after looking at nintendo's faq I am still confused. I have an original 3ds registered to my account. Can I register a 3dsxl to the same account? If I can will this mess up my purchases on the eshop of the original 3ds linking to my account?

Basically, I have gold right now and, with the 3dsxl points, if applicable, and some other points I have saved, I could get platinum. However, if it wont work I'll register it on my other account (family) in July and be gold already for next year.

Thanks.

I'm sorry if this has been answered but after looking at nintendo's faq I am still confused. I have an original 3ds registered to my account. Can I register a 3dsxl to the same account? If I can will this mess up my purchases on the eshop of the original 3ds linking to my account?

Basically, I have gold right now and, with the 3dsxl points, if applicable, and some other points I have saved, I could get platinum. However, if it wont work I'll register it on my other account (family) in July and be gold already for next year.

Thanks.
You can register the XL on your primary account just fine and get points for it and the original 3DS.

All the higher point rewards are gone, like game and watch ds games and ball, and hanafuda cards.  Nothing I'm interested in at the moment.  Hope it is just temporary due to people redeeming points at the end of the year and not a sign of nintendo closing down the rewards or significantly downgrading the rewards available.

Oh, just to make sure I'm getting this right, today, 6/23, is the last day to register any game and get the ten point post-play survey to complete in time before the end of the Nintendo year, correct? Or will I not get the surveys in time? Just checking so I don't waste registering points (Have 90 post-play points coming, but I could register more games if I'm not going to get them in time). 

Thanks. 

I'm happy I snagged the Mario posters before they went out of stock. I really really can't wait for the year to switch over so I can register all this shit.

After a near-lifetime of buying and playing Nintendo products, I finally joined Club Nintendo this year. Got around to registering stuff and am now at Platinum status.

If I use my coins to buy something (not that anything is really jumping out at me), will I "lose" my Platinum level since I'm sitting at exactly 600 coins?

Or can I spend 250 coins, not register anything else, and still get my Platinum reward?

Platinum and Gold work independantly of spending coins. Once you register the product, those coins are counted forever.

I want the folders back in stock /sigh

not intrested in hardly anything else.

I wonder if this would apply to the .30 Yoshi?  I haven't bought it yet, for some odd reason, so I guess I'll do that today.

I know this has been asked before but I forgot the answer and can't find the post.

If I add more coins today will they count toward my gold/plat status for the next year or will the additional coins expire after 6/30?  I already achieved plat status BTW.

Your coins expire two years after adding them. Your coin balance is independent of your platinum/gold status.

Platinum/gold is only counted for the club year added. So if you surpass Platinum/gold, you get no benefit. Wait the two days and add them in July.

--

I'm 95 coins to Platinum, with plenty of surveys to complete, but I'm not sure if I should bother. Last year the prizes were lame and I just got a game, which was a gold reward.

Can somebody remind me  if I register some news games tomorrow how long do I have to do the post play surveys??? I no longer have years to do them, correct??? Thanks!

Haha, wow. So, I remembered that the new year started today and... yeah, just adding up the stuff in my 'To-Do' list, I can already hit Platinum.

That was... easy.

Is the status accrual not working for anyone else?  I did a post-play survey and registered one game and while I got the coins, it still says "300 coins to Gold"

Is the status accrual not working for anyone else? I did a post-play survey and registered one game and while I got the coins, it still says "300 coins to Gold"
Not working for me either. The website always seems to have a few weird bugs during the changeover.

Only tempted on Starfox 64, but I think I'll pass on it (already 100% it back on the N64 days, which drained my interest on replaying it).  I'm waiting to register my stack of codes until later this week, just to avoid any CN Year issues.

Is the status accrual not working for anyone else? I did a post-play survey and registered one game and while I got the coins, it still says "300 coins to Gold"

Not working for me either. The website always seems to have a few weird bugs during the changeover.
Same here, I did a post-play this morning and it still says I have 300 to go. Some people posted about the same thing happening last year (on the first page of this thread,) but I don't see an update from either of them about whether it was eventually set right. I'd give it a week or two, but I've got some surveys expiring in the next day or two...

Hoping this year's platinum prize is awesome.

Ended up buying the shirt for 550 coins using the expiring coins I had. Meh. Coulda been worse. Gonna have to jump on good rewards immediately now, no matter how overpriced coinage wise I think they are.

PIcked up Donkey Kong for 3DS and I'll probably end up getting Star Fox too. I never played it back on 64 so now seems as good a time as any. 

Same here, I did a post-play this morning and it still says I have 300 to go. Some people posted about the same thing happening last year (on the first page of this thread,) but I don't see an update from either of them about whether it was eventually set right. I'd give it a week or two, but I've got some surveys expiring in the next day or two...
Hah - I came into this thread to see if there were any problems. I was tempted to enter codes last night (like for my son's new 3DS) but I had a vague memory of issues so I held off.

The most pressing one I have is my digital download of Animal Crossing New Leaf. I definitely want to count for next year but I need to do it before the 7th. I've missed out on many points before by not doing them right away and then forgetting about them.

I just got this email from Nintendo about the gold/elite status bug they are currently  having on their website.

Hello,

Thanks for writing. I appreciate your contacting us in regard to your Coins not being applied to this year’s Elite status. We are aware of the issue and are working on a resolution. We’ll send you a follow-up email to let you know when this issue has been resolved, so you won’t need to contact us back.

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE]

You have our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience this matter may have caused you. Thank you for your continued patience.

Sincerely,
Nintendo of America Inc.

bread's done
Back