New Chaos Theory DL Content AT LAST!! 2 new Co-Ops

The wait is finally over and Ubisoft got around to giving us the long awaited final two Co-Operative Missions (Nuke Plant and Embassy) for Splinter Cell:Chaos Theory. About five months after originally intended.

There's also a new Versus Map- Polar Base. I'm hoping to run through the missions with a partner and maybe get some relative amatuer Versus games going here.

Drop your tag if you're so inclined.

Yea, Trakan and myself tried to do the Co-Op maps but it seems not to work right ( on the 360 ). It kept freezing during the loading screen. Hopefully tey fixe this for us 360 owners.

Bah, no love for the solo campaign? I enjoyed the three downloadable maps for the original Splinter Cell, the submarine one kicked much ass.

I bought the game on black friday but honestly haven't played it much. I would totally be down for some amateur/fun matches though. Send me a friend request.

I've been meaning to try out some of the LIVE play on this game. Sounds like everyone here is going for an amateurish match, so that works for me. Hit up the tag if you wanna play... Busta Uppa.

Stupid Xbox 360, my damn game wont even load to play some single player. BOO! fuck that.

Edit:
Now it will load up the first mission page and freeze again this is annoying. Thanks Microsoft for the quality. By the way my disc is mint.

[quote name='BustaUppa']I've been meaning to try out some of the LIVE play on this game. Sounds like everyone here is going for an amateurish match, so that works for me. Hit up the tag if you wanna play... Busta Uppa.[/QUOTE]

I rented the game a while back. I've never owned a SC game aside from the first, and I have yet to play that.

I played online co-op on CT with Scorch, and it is amazing. Do yourself a favor and try it.

Sweet, I'm looking forward to it! I just started what I think is the last mission in the single player campaign. I'll probably wrap that up and then start delving into some multi-player goodness.

On a side-note, did anyone else find the end of that Bathhouse mission to be ridiculously hard?? First part in the game that had me consulting a FAQ, which tipped me off to a couple things but still left me stuck. I kind of just stumbled upon the tactic that ultimately got me through.

If you're talking the room with the mines all over and the three ninjas then yea. Smoke screens are your friend- so is rolling right past them. Diffusing those bombs was no treat either- you had to make a flawless run and accept a bit of damage to pass.

I'll definitely add you BustaUppa- as it seems you're going to be playing both my current flavors of the month on Live.

Those new Co-Op missions took me around 5 hours of retrys to make the perfect run. I wanted to see a get away in a golf cart fmv but the disclaimed for the U.N. Mission was reward enough.

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']If you're talking the room with the mines all over and the three ninjas then yea. Smoke screens are your friend- so is rolling right past them. Diffusing those bombs was no treat either- you had to make a flawless run and accept a bit of damage to pass.[/quote]Yeah those damn ninjas were making my life a living hell. I actually made it to the third bomb with all of my health, but then the guys would come out of the door and then the other guys would sneak up behind me and I'd just get gunned down from all sides. What I finally did was...

*spoilers of a FAQ-ish nature*

PICK the gate lock instead of breaking it. I'm not sure if it was a coincidence or not but when I tried picking the lock I beat the whole sequence in like two tries, after literally hours of re-loading my saves I made after breaking the lock.

The other big thing was that I finally realized that I had a SHOTGUN... I've been playing this game for a while and this is the first time I realized that your machine gun had two different modes, accessible by just pressing the white button. Ha ha I was getting really confused, because on some of my saves I seemed to lose all my launcher attachments, but I was like "oh weird I have a shotgun now." Then I'd load up a different save where I had all my attachments, I'd eagerly look for the shotgun, and then get pissed and confused when I couldn't find it. Ha ha I felt dumb after I figured that all out. But then I whipped out the shotgun and just started fucking up those ninjas like no one's business and I felt better.

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']I'll definitely add you BustaUppa- as it seems you're going to be playing both my current flavors of the month on Live..[/QUOTE]Sweet man. WE SHALL MEET IN BATTLE!!!!!1 I'll look for ya. I'm looking forward to the crash course in Phantom Dust ass-kickery!

The main problem I had with this game is some gay glitches. Like the berserk when some spy would jump on you. Also, when bitches would stop you from pulling someone over.

I tried Co-op with Brak and H-Town Info, and the lag was unbearable. It was so fucking aggrivating that I never finished the first level.

On second thought, maybe I had the difficulty setting on super-freakin-hard-mode.

They fixed the lag on co-op. Trust me rab, if you played this game when it came out on co-op, you know how annoying it is that you have to save every 2 seconds in fear of being dced?

[quote name='ph33r m3']They fixed the lag on co-op. Trust me rab, if you played this game when it came out on co-op, you know how annoying it is that you have to save every 2 seconds in fear of being dced?[/QUOTE]

Jimmie, Zewone, and Myself didn't have a problem with this. We got it at launch and Co Op was smooth as it could be. Maybe a connection issue?

[quote name='pimpinc333']Jimmie, Zewone, and Myself didn't have a problem with this. We got it at launch and Co Op was smooth as it could be. Maybe a connection issue?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, most have been a connection issue, as I played through Co-Op with a handful of people, Pimpinc included, and never had any noticeable lag.

I've only had 1 game lag really bad. Besides that, not much problems. My main gripe with co-op is the loading, I wish you could talk to your teammate, while the map is loading.

Awesome games last night guys- Shrike, Craven, Brax- I think in the future Tutorial mode might be better as we could all talk to each other during a match and I can give pointers.

It's really more about using all the tools at your disposal and knowing exactly the best paths to hit objectives with minimal conflict. Visit the maps, practice the objectives as both merc and spy, COMMUNICATION is so key.

As far as equipment- this is how I run mine.
Spy:Smoke bomb is a must, Flash is worthless, Chaff is good on maps with lots of lasers.
Spy Bullet:Tags a Merc on your radar when you hit them with it.
Sticky Cam: Good for keeping an eye on distant places and gassing stationary fools.
Alarm Snares: makes sounds all around where you're not, blows Merc minds.

MERC: Mines are a must- most your kills will likely come from the mines you've placed in high traffic areas.
Nades: One shot kills basically.
Spy Traps: Tracks spies on radar.
Backpack/Cam Net: Each Team mate should have one of these as it helps the other.

We were playing some of the bigger and stranger maps though- to really learn its best to just play the fundamental maps like Aquarius, Warehouse, Deftech, Museum and the smaller, brighter ones. Most of the new ones suck or are broken in some way.

If you guys are up for playing again, let me know.

[quote name='Jonny Polychronopoulos']Awesome games last night guys- Shrike, Craven, Brax- I think in the future Tutorial mode might be better as we could all talk to each other during a match and I can give pointers.[/QUOTE]
I think we should do it again some time. Sucks to pwned over and over again, though it was my first night playing it, so it was fair enough.

[quote name='shrike4242']I think we should do it again some time. Sucks to pwned over and over again, though it was my first night playing it, so it was fair enough.[/QUOTE]

Well we probably should have rotated teams a bit there as to not have the vets against the noobs. Although I don't know if I'm good enough to have the three of you against me as I'd only ever played Pandora and continously got my arse handed to me. The learning curve is super steep and the better players are readily apparenty and lightyears ahead of me ability wise. In my circle of friends- I don't stand a damn chance.

I was so sad when all of you guys were on Splinter Cell and I was alone on Halo and Phantom Dust. If you guys start playing more often, I'll pick up Chaos Theory. I liked the multiplayer in Pandora Tomorrow, so it would probally be worth the $10 or so it will cost me.

I just picked up this game as well. Any chance someone wants to play at some point? I'm not really looking forward to entering a random game and dying over and over again.

[quote name='Machikunas']I just picked up this game as well. Any chance someone wants to play at some point? I'm not really looking forward to entering a random game and dying over and over again.[/QUOTE]Ha ha I understand your concern. Random Live people get really nasty when you start noobing it up in a team game. Some teammates were really chewing me out in Halo the other night.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Ha ha I understand your concern. Random Live people get really nasty when you start noobing it up in a team game. Some teammates were really chewing me out in Halo the other night.[/QUOTE]

Fortunately in Chaos Theory we can set it to tutorial mode so both sides can talk and keep it friendly even when playing in opposition. Same goes for the battle royales we do in Phantom Dust or the Customs in Halo. I definitely prefer playing with people I know from forums just because I'm a lot more forgiving and know its all in fun and not getting out of hand. I'll be a jerk to most random people who bring it on Live though.

[quote name='Ultimate Matt X']Man, I'd like to play with you guys through the 360, but can't. Hopefully a patch fixes that soon, though I guess I could just set up my Xbox.[/QUOTE]

Why wouldn't you be able to play with non 360 users? Rabbitt had no problem playing with us the other night.

wow it took them this long to make some new maps for co-op and 1 for verus

ive already gotten rid of my SC: CT, so that sucks for me :bomb:

[quote name='YeahRight13']wow it took them this long to make some new maps for co-op and 1 for verus

ive already gotten rid of my SC: CT, so that sucks for me :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Wait, you did what?

bread's done
Back