New copy of "EarthBound"!

jebnaut

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys! I'm selling my new copy of EarthBound, and I thought some of you might be interested.

Starting bid is $0.99. Good luck!

EDIT:

Here's a full list of all the auctions I have up.

EarthBound CIB/like new: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150743511640?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649 (SOLD!)
Lunar Bundle (Lunar: Eternal Blue & Lunar: Silver Star Story): http://www.ebay.com/itm/150748330866?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Mother 3 Standard: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150748311805?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Huge Nintendo DS Lot: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150749183346?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
Super Mario Bros. All Stars Limited Edition: http://www.ebay.com/itm/150749137343?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sorry, I have to ask...why did you ever open this if you never planned on playing this copy? I can't imagine what this would go for if it was still sealed

[quote name='myl0r']I'm sorry, I have to ask...why did you ever open this if you never planned on playing this copy? I can't imagine what this would go for if it was still sealed[/QUOTE]

A lot more than what it will sell for like it is. I actually thought it was still sealed since it said new in the title but it is only CIB

[quote name='clonesniper666']A lot more than what it will sell for like it is. I actually thought it was still sealed since it said new in the title but it is only CIB[/QUOTE]

yeah, but the ebay listing is marked correctly, which is what is really important

I really have no idea. I got it when I was a kid, and I think I did anticipate keeping it forever and playing it. But I've held on to it for so long and figured there's really no reason to keep it locked up in a closet anymore. If I were going to play EarthBound again, I'd just play my other cart.

There's no way I could have known, way back in 1995, that an unopened copy of EarthBound would sell for the price of a car.

I like how it's already at $300+ and a day hasn't even passed.:applause: God I wish I had bought this sooner but having no money as a kid, I'm really missed out.

BTW, your auction might get closed because you put "new" in the little of the listing. You're not allowed to use the world "new" (even if it's part of "like new") because eBay considers it a misleading way to draw buyers (or something).

[quote name='jebnaut']I really have no idea. I got it when I was a kid, and I think I did anticipate keeping it forever and playing it. But I've held on to it for so long and figured there's really no reason to keep it locked up in a closet anymore. If I were going to play EarthBound again, I'd just play my other cart.

There's no way I could have known, way back in 1995, that an unopened copy of EarthBound would sell for the price of a car.[/QUOTE]

Right on. I wasn't hating, though there might have been more than a hint of jealousy.
I certainly know what it's like to just want to open something and look at it. I've got a mint/unopened Fallout NV CE that I really wanna open up and look through, but I keep telling myself not to. And I really don't see that ever being worth a fraction of what your Earthbound is already going for. I just don't NEED to open it since I already have a regular copy to play.

Hmm . . . I'm not able to change the title now. Should I contact eBay and see if they'll change it for me, or do you think that would just make things messy?

Also: I kind of feel like a fool for not getting this thing VGA graded.

[quote name='jebnaut']Hmm . . . I'm not able to change the title now. Should I contact eBay and see if they'll change it for me, or do you think that would just make things messy?

Also: I kind of feel like a fool for not getting this thing VGA graded.[/QUOTE]

VGA is pointless unless it is not opened

You should change the "new" to "mint" because it's not new, it's been opened, and the second someone wins the auction and receives the product, they'll file something against you for the product not being new like it's described and you'll be out both the money and the game.

I'd def change the title, I work for a power seller and used to be one myself. putting NEW in a title is just asking for bad feedback which is bad no matter who you are.

Well I'm definitely gonna be on the lookout for a copy of this at the goodwills. I had no idea any snes game would bring even close to $100 let alone $4700 for a minty graded copy.

[quote name='jebnaut']I really have no idea. I got it when I was a kid, and I think I did anticipate keeping it forever and playing it. But I've held on to it for so long and figured there's really no reason to keep it locked up in a closet anymore. If I were going to play EarthBound again, I'd just play my other cart.

There's no way I could have known, way back in 1995, that an unopened copy of EarthBound would sell for the price of a car.[/QUOTE]

I sold multiples of this some complete for 30-40 :(

of course this was when they were going for that much too

OP updated with new auctions—Nintendo DS Lot, Super Mario Bros. All Stars for Wii, et cetera.

Also: I ended up selling EarthBound for nearly $1,300.

I tried helping early in the auction and you quickly got to 380, nice job on getting all that! How much will e-Bay and PayPal take from you?

wish my copy of earthbound would have went for 1200, it went for 240 (which was great). But damn I want 1200!

Damn luck OP and my copy was brand new, never played, never opened or anything

bread's done
Back