NEW Demon's Souls w/ Art Book + Soundtrack - $30 @ Amazon (or $23.85 for game alone)

kotaku had a video of a guy beat demon's souls in like 2 hours. it was so sweet speed run. he was just roll dodging everything...and homing soul arrow spell. i played as a warrior so i never got that magic, but i gotta try it out next playthrough...wheneva that is... that's why they gotta keep the servers running. that game would/will be uber tough without blue spirit buddies.
i need to watch it straight through.

oh yeah, k&l2 was rough. i had it for a week. got it bestbuy for 21.67 and traded in to amazon for 21. would have got plat but couldnt find anyone online for cops vs robbers, oh well, ill have to rent it and hope i can find some people online/boost.
quantum theory i got $30 and traded in amazon $32, but only tried it for 2 days. it was so bad. it was so hard. and then in chapter 10 the checkpoints are like the entire level so i tried 3 times and then said fuck it cuz of stupid instant kills. games like that are so much worse than any difficulty demons souls throws at ya.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']kotaku had a video of a guy beat demon's souls in like 2 hours. it was so sweet.
i need to watch it straight through.[/QUOTE]

Actually, there is a guy who beat it in like 54 minutes. I learned a ton of tricks from that video.

[quote name='Velo214']kotaku had a video of a guy beat demon's souls in like 2 hours. it was so sweet speed run. he was just roll dodging everything...and homing soul arrow spell. i played as a warrior so i never got that magic, but i gotta try it out next playthrough...wheneva that is... that's why they gotta keep the servers running. that game would/will be uber tough without blue spirit buddies.
i need to watch it straight through.

oh yeah, k&l2 was rough. i had it for a week. got it bestbuy for 21.67 and traded in to amazon for 21. would have got plat but couldnt find anyone online for cops vs robbers, oh well, ill have to rent it and hope i can find some people online/boost.
quantum theory i got $30 and traded in amazon $32, but only tried it for 2 days. it was so bad. it was so hard. and then in chapter 10 the checkpoints are like the entire level so i tried 3 times and then said fuck it cuz of stupid instant kills. games like that are so much worse than any difficulty demons souls throws at ya.[/QUOTE]
Try playing Dead Rising 2 towards the end.:cry: I was enjoying eviscerating zombies up till they became damn near invulnerable.

Then again I'm only a level 14 or so.:whistle2:# That's one thing that bugs me about games is making enemies/bosses harder or easier depending on what 'level' you are. Sometimes you just wanna slog through a game without having to worry about if you're a high enough level to get by X or Y point.

The great part about DS is that it isn't "hard"- it's "challenging." The game is actually very fair to you in terms of saving every action, allowing you to unlock shortcuts, etc. You never feel angry at the game for being cheap or annoying- you get mad at yourself for not being able to do it right.

I strongly recommend anyone starting out read some basic tips/take a quick look at a guide since it might help you learn, even if you're not the kind to normally do those sort of things.

Best game ever. The only game I've ever actually given a crap enough to platinum. I have a beautiful collection of ragemails, too. And no, I never use the scraping spear.

LOL I think I once spent half an hour to an hour just shooting arrows @ the swooping dragon right before the 1-2 boss. I couldn't figure out how others got through running so fast w/ out getting nailed w/ the fire.

Then after playing for awhile realized you could take off your armor to run faster.

Doh! :dunce:

Thanks OP. I've been wanting this game and it looks like I can finally get it for a great price. i'll pick this up after balancing the old checkbook.

Dont waste your money on the deluxe unless you are a collector

The online guides are far more useful

Dont get me wrong, it was a great package but not worth 5x the price

Man, I'm all jealous now. I spent 30 bucks on a sealed copy of the non GH game. Now for the same price, they get an artbook and soundtrack. I may double dip.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Dont waste your money on the deluxe unless you are a collector

The online guides are far more useful

Dont get me wrong, it was a great package but not worth 5x the price[/QUOTE]
I'm mad at myself for not reserving a DE when they first came out, due to the fact that the guide was going for about $100 by itself. I think it was like $70-80 for everything in the DE when it first released, so to have the guide(even some of the copies with the messed up covers) going for $100 just by itself basically makes the game FREE after you sell that off.;)

Oh and Fire_Thief, look on the trading forums, since I think I've seen a few folks with the soundtrack and artbook. Like I said before I have the soundtrack and artbook and I don't think I've even played the soundtrack and I flipped through the artbook ONCE since I've had it.

You think that's bad, I actually bought the DE used at Gamestop for $50(without the art book and soundtrack), returned it a week later because I was having network issues and couldn't get online working right. Slip case and strat guide were in beautiful condition. Still kicking myself for that.
I'm buying this collection and selling the game back to Amazon, they give about $15 for the game itself, so I'll get the soundtrack and art book for $15.

[quote name='kitsunisan']You think that's bad, I actually bought the DE used at Gamestop for $50(without the art book and soundtrack), returned it a week later because I was having network issues and couldn't get online working right. Slip case and strat guide were in beautiful condition. Still kicking myself for that.
I'm buying this collection and selling the game back to Amazon, they give about $15 for the game itself, so I'll get the soundtrack and art book for $15.[/QUOTE]
Wait. You bought it used from Gamestop and they actually had the guide with the DE? Damnnnnn. That's quite a switch. But if the guide was one of the original copies then it likely was going to get the color bleeding issue like others had happen and you would've had to rip the cover off to send in to get a new copy from Atlus.

As for the soundtrack/artbook, I still have the one I got from a trade a while ago and just like my GTA IV, Rise Of The Argonauts and other artbooks and soundtracks I have I listened to or read them ONCE and now they're dust collectors.:roll:

I just got the DE with the artbook, soundtrack, and the replacement guide that Atlus gave out when the original's ink messed up, all for $85 shipped off of Ebay. All of it is in excellent condition. Victory is mine!

nice find. i just had to double dip to get the artbook and soundtrack since i missed out on the GS pre-order when DS first came out.

[quote name='pureheat101']btw, i heard rumors around servers closing in march... is this true?[/QUOTE]
They have pledged to keep the server open to a minimum of March 2011. They have the option to extend that deadline out, and they have done so before several times.

Amazon has the collector's edition prelude to to black friday sale today and Demon's Souls - Greatest Hits with Art Book and Soundtrack CD is on sale for $25.99. it's almost the perfect price since you get free shipping for orders over $25 :). this deal is only available today.

too bad I already ordered the regular GH version for $19.99 on monday from amazon when they had that on sale, but I figure I proly don't need the soundtrack or art book.

http://www.amazon.com/Demons-Souls-..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1CXNX2HV99654EBAQTJ1

I'm thinking of trading in my regular copy (or selling, it's still sealed) for this...I just think those types of things with a game like DS would be awesome. Plus, Castlevania's LE had the exact same bonuses. Seems like a kickass deal.

bread's done
Back