NEW DISC REPLACEMENT PROGRAM for Video Games & Computer Games at WALMART

Ronzilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
Ripped from FrankDaTank at SD:

Starting September 1: New Disc Replacement Program for Video Game & Computer Game Software at Walmart. $1 for 1-year ($0.00 - $14.99); $3 for 1-year ($15.00 & Up). Just heard today at Work that there's a new Disc Replacement Program for Video Game & Computer Game Software that will roll out to all Walmart Stores on September 1, 2009.

General Information
  • Plan covers Video Game Software and Computer Game Software Discs and Cartridges - All Formats
  • Only the Video Game and Computer Game Software items in Electronics are eligible for the program at this time
  • Retail of Game: $0.00 - $14.99 > $1 for Plan
  • Retail of Game: $15.00 & Up > $3 for Plan

Coverage Benefits
  • 1 Year Protection from Date of Purchase - Term and Coverage begins Date of Purchase. Plan Must be Purchased the Same Day Game is Sold.
  • Provides Accidental Damage Coverage
  • One Time Repair / Replacement of Same Title
  • If Game Cannot be Repaired and / or Same Title is not Available thru NEW's Fulfillment Source, Customer Receives Refund Check for the Amount of Purchase Plus Applicable Sales Tax.

Plan Covers
  • Scratches, Gouges, Cracks in Discs
  • Damage Caused by Heat of the Player
  • Accidental Damage from Handling and Frequent Use

[quote name='Shrapnellistic']Handle With Care: $0 for Plan[/QUOTE]

Very True. I take GREAT care of my video games. This is something I probably wouldn't buy but wanted to know if others knew about this or would pay for it.

**may also up the value of selling your video games if it's transferrable**

Eh, I wouldn't but that's mainly because I don't buy games from Wal-Mart typically. So, how would this work? Do you need to keep your receipt for these games? Do you just buy a membership, and you can just bring in any game that gets damaged and gets replace it? Nobody can complain that $3 a year is a lot, but it would be useless (for me) if you have to get the games there.

But then again, I do take good care of my stuff so none of this really applies to me.

stupid silly warranty.... people stoped paying for those long time ago.

I could see if maybe your xbox is grinding circles, but other than that, this is really just a tax on the stupid.

All this is going to lead to is fraudulent disc swapping. This ship sailed the minute GameStop and GameCrazy started doing it years ago. It has no use unless you are buying disc games for a destructive toddler.

It's $5 for 5 repairs or something like that at Game Crazy, but I can't count how many times someone walks into my local Gamestop and asks them about repairing disks so there is a market for this, just not for 95% of the people who are on here.

Parents with pre-teens will eat this up, especially with it being at Wal-Mart.

I laugh at these warranties because technically a company should replace the discs if you need them, since at the point of sale you are not buying the disc, but rather a license to play the game.

bread's done
Back