New EVE online player looking for a corp

carn311

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
I need advice from seasoned EVE players on choosing a corporation. I'm looking to do some mining and maybe some light PVP. Any corp that can provide some hardware at the outset would be great.

And to be clear. I'm a casual player and I dont want to involve myself with a corp that has huge time requirements.

Thanks in advance.

I used to but EvE, unlike the more mainstream MMORPG, has huge time requirements. While you don't need to "level" your skills, the fact that they are heavily tied to your financial base requires lots of time finding money and most of all, stay in one piece. A single mistake can ruin your career.

I would suggest posting on the official forums (there's a subsection for that purpose) and look at the various corp. For you, you should be looking at long time established corp with a strong player base across all time zone:

-Goals?
-Expectations?
-Rewards?
-In an alliance?
-Base location?

Or you might want to roll in a Faction Warfare corp that is Industry-based and FW can provide the light PvP you are seeking.

I'm thinking about getting back into this game. Maybe all those ads on Tom's Hardware finally paid off...
If someone wants to send me an invite for the 21 days trial, i'd like to see how this runs on my laptop.

I am CEO of a corp but it is based around low-security space and PvP/Pirating so I don't really think you would fit in. Your best bet for finding a corp is to post your character information and what you are looking for here in the Eve-Online Alliance and Corporation Recruitment Center. When you realize that mining is incredibly, incredibly, incredibly boring, please hit me up and I would be happy to show you the fun part of Eve.

I'd really like a trial code for this. Unfortunately my 14-day trial expired since I was out of town for a while and couldn't use it.

If somebody has one, I'd PM it over. I'm looking to try it out.

Dug this one up...

Just got back into Eve today after a two year absence. I've only got about 6 million xp. Right before I left last time I went from a Drake to a Tempest, but I didn't have enough money to insure and equip it properly so I went back to the Drake. I've been running some of the level 3 and 4 story missions but I should probably find a corp, I've been in the Republic Military School for 3 and a half years now.

If you check around the recruitment channel then you can definitely find a corp that will help you run missions and do carebeary highsec stuff. Just be careful not to join a corp with a high tax rate that is going to tax away your mission earnings for no reason.

I want to like playing this game but absolutely everyone is out to get you. You can't even be a carebear in hisec without getting annihilated.

It'll take me a month to make back the money I lost in the last 2 days. fuck that.

I noticed this post and thought I'd throw out a corporation that's good for anyone who wants to learn the game. It's called Eve University, they're dedicated to helping players learn about the game then you can move on to a different corp that handles whatever it is you enjoy doing.

eve-ivy(dot)com is the URL.. since I can't post a link, you can google it also.

[quote name='dafoomie']I want to like playing this game but absolutely everyone is out to get you. You can't even be a carebear in hisec without getting annihilated.

It'll take me a month to make back the money I lost in the last 2 days. fuck that.[/QUOTE]

Once you realize that this entire game is about risk/reward and PvP and that everything you earn should be considered disposable, you'll enjoy it considerably more.

I think I am up to about 240 ships lost since I started playing now. It's great fun.

bread's done
Back