New EVGA gtx 285 SSC off ebay...should I buy?

Wanderlai

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
This was the EVGA GTX 285 SSC card the seller had a day ago. It was new, unopened, and came with a Newegg receipt dated 3-1-09. He sold it but contacted me that he will have another one tomorrow, new, unopened, with a Newegg receipt dated 3-2-09. I can buy it for $325 shipped 1-3 day USPS. The EVGA 285 SSC is $410 plus shipping on Newegg. It would leave me about a week to register the card with EVGA before the 30 day registration expires for the limited lifetime warranty. Here is the sellers link for the card he sold:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180338596285&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT&viewitem=

So long as I have the receipt from an authorized seller I'm covered for the lifetime warranty and step up program correct?

Any ideas on how he is getting new unopened SSC's with the Newegg receipts? Each Newegg receipt shows only the one video card on it. I'm all for saving $100 on the price of the SSC version but I want to make sure I'll be able to register and get the lifetime warranty via EVGA. He told me he'd 100% guarantee that I'd be able to reister the card with EVGA, and that I would have no problems since it has a Newegg receipt.

Long story short, should I jump on the SSC?

bread's done
Back