*NEW* Fatal Frame Trilogy (PS2) - $79.99 shipped @ GQD

Capitalizt

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Want to own the scariest game collection of all time? Here ya go! ;)

Link!

Enter code GPFATALS for $30 off. Shipping is free. Thanks Game Podunk for the code.

game-questdirect_2061_70964483

Fatal Frame is in the same vein as the Silent Hill series..with a more twisted Japanese style of horror like "The Grudge".

Play them in the dark and prepare to wet yourself. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']Shit...just a little over $25 a piece. Versus Gamestop's painfully high used prices. Damn it. Is there Cali tax on this?[/QUOTE]

Yep. GQD works out of California.

Damnit! Thanks though Shady3011. That added 9.75% ripoff sales tax is brutal. I'm looking at at least $90 for the bundle shipped.

It's not dead. It should also be mentioned that these are avaiable individually from amazon; afaik amazon doesn't charge tax in cali.

[quote name='cheeky']It's not dead. It should also be mentioned that these are avaiable individually from amazon; afaik amazon doesn't charge tax in cali.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but they are a bit more. I may just hold off a little longer. I have 1 & 2 already for PS2, but getting a sealed trilogy for a decent price is very very tempting.

I bought both Fatal Frame II and Fatal Frame III at Blockbuster for $20 each, still sealed. And here come the lame reprints.

To those of you who complained about the Shin Megami Tensei reprints, I feel your pain...

Why would you complain? If you were looking to resell it, you had plenty of time to do so. Otherwise, rarity is a fleeting thing these days.

Son of a bitch! I bought FFIII brand new for $40 and JUST bought a used FFII last week from Gamestop for $40 while I was in New York. Also, FFII has that stupid sticker on the spine.

I got mine and I can't believe that I ignored the series when I found them for $10 years ago, but thanks to reprints that those suckers in eBay are not making money of poor people like us :)

Yeah, there's no way I'm buying anything and expecting it to hold its high value. I do a little bit of speculating with cheap 5.00 or less games that I think may shoot up, but that's it. Reprints are ultimately better for the consumer. And we're all definitely consumers. :D

Now if only they'd reprint ICO. Although I kind of have a hunch we're gonna see a PSN release of that game or rerelease of sorts when Last Guardian comes out.

[quote name='Blade']I bought both Fatal Frame II and Fatal Frame III at Blockbuster for $20 each, still sealed.[/QUOTE]

I'll trade you for my 10 copies of Spawn #1!

[quote name='Blade']I bought both Fatal Frame II and Fatal Frame III at Blockbuster for $20 each, still sealed.[/QUOTE]
I'll trade you for my 2,000 copies of the penny coin. At least those will hold up value pretty well.

[quote name='opportunity777']Not really.[/QUOTE]

Devil May 5th Anniversary Collection - $40
Metal Gear Solid Collection - $30
Onimusha Essentials - $30

Fatal Frame Collection SALE PRICE - $80

Not really? I'm sorry, overpayingassgamer.com is down the street and to the left.

[quote name='yesiamaplant']Devil May 5th Anniversary Collection - $40
Metal Gear Solid Collection - $30
Onimusha Essentials - $30

Fatal Frame Collection SALE PRICE - $80

Not really? I'm sorry, overpayingassgamer.com is down the street and to the left.[/QUOTE]

you fail to realize that this is NOT an official Trilogy pack by Tecmo but just 3 reprints bundled together, thus why it has a premium price tag. Ether way is it cheaper than buying the reprints separately.

its a steal cause you are getting all 3 games for $26.67 ($30 if you are in CA). Dare you to find them cheaper else where.

Yea they don't come in a spiffy box but they don't have the whited out UPC code box or the Not For Resale thing on them like some of them do.

[quote name='refusedchaos']you fail to realize that this is NOT an official Trilogy pack by Tecmo but just 3 reprints bundled together, thus why it has a premium price tag. Ether way is it cheaper than buying the reprints separately.

its a steal cause you are getting all 3 games for $26.67 ($30 if you are in CA). Dare you to find them cheaper else where.

Yea they don't come in a spiffy box but they don't have the whited out UPC code box or the Not For Resale thing on them like some of them do.[/QUOTE]

Yep, the tool saying it's overpriced needs to hop in a time machine to go back in time when the games were cheap.

Now though the games are out of print, thus prices going up.

These are either die hard collectors or fans or gamers that haven't played it for these reprints, but then you'll never find them cheaper.

The games arrived in a box. all individually celophaned with a proper UPC on all of them. They are seperate.

NOT in a collection... You're buying 3 games at a packaged price.

So new and so crisp.... can't wait to play them.

I think the value will drop eventually on the 2nd hand market. That's when I'll pick them up used. Give it 2-4 years.

i onyl need the last one...fact is i never finished the first one becuz im a chicken shit lol...but id like to atleast have the collection.

I remember pre-ordering the 1st one at EB Games for $60. I couldn't believe that a PS2 game was being sold for $60 when all the other games were starting at $50. All these years later, I don't regret my pre-order. Great series.

[quote name='J7.']They must think it's worth it because they're 1st prints I guess... I hope... are they really 1st prints?[/QUOTE]

Unlike with MegaTen games, there's no way of telling between these and reprint copies.

[quote name='refusedchaos']you fail to realize that this is NOT an official Trilogy pack by Tecmo but just 3 reprints bundled together---blah blah blah[/QUOTE]

What is this, antiques roadshow? The only thing I fail to realize is why I should pay $80 for a shrinkwrapped set of 8 year old PS2 games. For that kind of money, it'd better come with a little fairy that comforts me in the middle of the night as I cry myself to sleep.

You fail to realize that when something is beyond someone's cost/value threshold, it then becomes expensive. You also fail to realize that correcting someone on their own definition of "expensive" is completely absurd on a site called Cheap Ass Gamer.

While you do have a point that defining what one considers expensive is subjective, the specific examples you listed are easily refutable.

This "bundle" is being done only by Game Quest Direct not the game's publisher, Tecmo. While it might seem easy to compare it to Capcom bundles, those games' individual values are just as much as getting them unbundled. These games have retained their value from simple supply and demand economics. While you might think they are overpriced, most people here will tell you otherwise.

[quote name='yesiamaplant']What is this, antiques roadshow? The only thing I fail to realize is why I should pay $80 for a shrinkwrapped set of 8 year old PS2 games. For that kind of money, it'd better come with a little fairy that comforts me in the middle of the night as I cry myself to sleep.

You fail to realize that when something is beyond someone's cost/value threshold, it then becomes expensive. You also fail to realize that correcting someone on their own definition of "expensive" is completely absurd on a site called Cheap Ass Gamer.[/QUOTE]

Well if you buy from EBgames right now all three with the weekly coupon and edge card to can get the three for $80.00 as well. As a bonus the games are already open for you and most likely arrive without those cumbersome manuals and original covers. Often times an artist will make cool designs on the shiny side of the disk as well!

It seems we all just need to relax a bit.

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']well it looks as though someone purchased one to resell and got some fuck tard to bite on it on ebay for $125.50
http://cgi.ebay.com/FATAL-FRAME-1-2-3-COMPLETE-SERIES-PS2-BOXED-MEGA-RARE_W0QQitemZ270429800162QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVideo_Games_Games?hash=item3ef6df46e2&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A1234%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Ha... the games are not even sealed[/QUOTE]

WTF

CA/HI/WI U.S BIDDERS AGREE TO PAY $4.95 SHIPPING

probably Alaska and not Wisconsin??? WTF

[quote name='Shady3011']Unlike with MegaTen games, there's no way of telling between these and reprint copies.[/QUOTE]

Do the reprints have the more rigid old-school style case with memory card slot?

[quote name='yesiamaplant']What is this, antiques roadshow? The only thing I fail to realize is why I should pay $80 for a shrinkwrapped set of 8 year old PS2 games. For that kind of money, it'd better come with a little fairy that comforts me in the middle of the night as I cry myself to sleep.

You fail to realize that when something is beyond someone's cost/value threshold, it then becomes expensive. You also fail to realize that correcting someone on their own definition of "expensive" is completely absurd on a site called Cheap Ass Gamer.[/QUOTE]

You are paying $80 for a factory sealed set of RARE ps2 games that usually cost $40 - $50 a piece used. Again, you are getting them for less than $30 a piece, which IS cheaper than everywhere else. But whatever dude, feel free to sit back while the rest of the site benefits on this deal.

Hey sorry if this was posted before, I admit I haven't read the entire thread (yikes) but GQD qualifies for bing.com cashback so you can knock off a little more from the price. Mine is currently 4%.

have you not yet realized that you are in the minority on this issue? just drop it and get the fuck out of this thread then. clearly you are alone on your stance.

on topic: would have ordered it but at the time funds were a little low. plus I would then have 2 sealed copies of FF III.

I want these so bad, but I just can't afford it right now. I've been looking for these forever, then a good deal finally pops up and I'm stuck with no expendable cash...

I don't understand why everyone is all bent out of shape about reprints and resale value and whatnot. A game's a game. You play it and you have fun. As long as it's not in an ugly Greatest Hits case or in shitty condition, I'm fine with it. Frankly, I'm just glad I have a chance to support the developers...

[quote name='vikingvessel']Do the reprints have the more rigid old-school style case with memory card slot?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure these would come in the more flimsy cases without the memory card slot, as all the other recent reprints I've seen have.

Recieved mine in the mail and I am so happy I jumped on the deal. These games are fantastic and are the only games that actually freak me out other than old Silent Hill games.

Thanks again OP!

Man, I really want to buy this set, but I am scared (pun intended) to play them. I haven't even gotten my hands on them, and I am scared.

I love to play these games they way the were meant to be played (lights out, sound slightly raised). Hell, I even get scared of FEAR 1 and 2 at times, and I know those don't hold a candle in scare factor to FF.

Yes, I am a -female dog expletive-.

By the way, I have a question. Should I just jump into FF3? Or are the stories related to each other? I want to play 3 mainly because it's the most recent one, and should have more polish than the others. I'm not sure if I can deal with tank controls or dated game play of the first 2.

So I'm thinking about buying these, but I keep hearing all of this talk about "reprints." What exactly does that mean? Is there a difference between these and the originals? If so, what are the differences?

[quote name='ZackScott']So I'm thinking about buying these, but I keep hearing all of this talk about "reprints." What exactly does that mean? Is there a difference between these and the originals? If so, what are the differences?[/QUOTE]

So far, I believe the DVD cases don't have the memory card holder.

Also, there is no official Sony seal on FF1 or 2. Otherwise, I haven't see any differences.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']I want these so bad, but I just can't afford it right now. I've been looking for these forever, then a good deal finally pops up and I'm stuck with no expendable cash...

I don't understand why everyone is all bent out of shape about reprints and resale value and whatnot. A game's a game. You play it and you have fun. As long as it's not in an ugly Greatest Hits case or in shitty condition, I'm fine with it. Frankly, I'm just glad I have a chance to support the developers...[/QUOTE]
I only mentioned first print because the ebay auction made a big deal out of them being 1st print. Otherwise the dude got ripped off. I could care less whether its 1st, 2nd, or 5th prints. Though for this game I imagine there was probably only 1 print and then the reprint.

[quote name='RandyTsai']do not buy or support these jerkoffs.[/QUOTE]

Oh please don't leave it at that... tell us why?

Jerkoffs?

I'm still unsure about spending the cash right now, but this is seriously an amazing deal that I don't think I can risk passing up. Who knows when these games will be this cheap again, if ever...

[quote name='Xiemos']By the way, I have a question. Should I just jump into FF3? Or are the stories related to each other? I want to play 3 mainly because it's the most recent one, and should have more polish than the others. I'm not sure if I can deal with tank controls or dated game play of the first 2.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure they're not related to each other. Also, if you're only going to play one of them, play the second one. Crimson Butterfly is said to be the best one in terms of gameplay and polish.

bread's done
Back