New Fleabay seller -- C.Y.A. question

gsr

CAGiversary!
Is UPS tracking sufficient to show that the item was delivered? I don't want to deal with asswipes that try and do chargebacks and end up keeping my goods AND my money.

What else should I look out for?

I'll be unloading my ps2+games and gamecube+games.

Thanks.

In most cases, the Delivery Confirmation slips you get from the post office do work. However, someone posted on here a few days ago that DC didn't work for them (or the item didn't make it out of the P.O.)

Either way, it's always good to have. keep the slip until you get a positive feedback for the item.

UPS Tracking is certainly sufficient. USPS DC is good as well. The key thing is that it must show as being delivered. The USPS every once in a while will forget to scan the package as delivered. If that happens on something that then gets disputed, you are SOL. There is some dollar limit ($250 maybe) over which you must ship with a signature required, but you'll probably be below that.

A wiley scammer can screw you out of your money anyway, but it is a lot harder/more hoops for them to jump through if you can prove delivery.

[quote name='Apossum']In most cases, the Delivery Confirmation slips you get from the post office do work. However, someone posted on here a few days ago that DC didn't work for them (or the item didn't make it out of the P.O.)

Either way, it's always good to have. keep the slip until you get a positive feedback for the item.[/QUOTE]

I'd just keep them all. I had a chargeback, with positive feedback from the buyer, but since I didn't have the Delivery Confirmation (Canada), Paypal didn't care. The guy just said his eBay account was hacked and he wins. He got my stuff, I know it, he knows it and then he got his money back. eBay sucks, but Paypal is far worse......not that I am bitter or anything, but it was $40.

TBW

don't mean to threadjack, but i won an Arc the Lad Collection described as new. i e-mailed the seller before bidding as to whether it was the box set with the omake box and all the extras, and he said it was. it arrived today, in a shitty case that smelled like smoke, no box or extras, and smudges all over the discs. I've contacted the seller, and after i see if he's willing to refund me, what should i do? if he refunds, it's all good, i'll send the item back. but if he doesn't... i guess i should file a claim with paypal? suggestions please.

Check your paypal account to see if you purchased the additional buyer protection they offer. Check the auction as well to see if it says "no refunds" anywhere on the page.

Just make sure you have no money in your paypal account and if you get a chargeback delete all your bank/cc info and they can't take a dime from you and you just open a new account.

i went through my options and found fedex ground to be the cheapest I shipped a 19lb box about three states apart and it only cost 7-8$ get signature request and your good to go.

bread's done
Back