new game making me update...

scp89

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
firmware from 1.5 to newest...

I got the new Burnout for the PSP now its making me update firmware...I like homebrew stuff on my psp...I have some NES roms for games I own on my 32mg memory card and like to play them occasionally as well check out some of the true homebrew apps etc...i know the firmware downgrader is available, but that seems like a pain...isn't there a way to get this to run on a 1.5 psp??

I heard you can put in a 1.5 game and start it up then when the little white psp logo comes up and you hear the ding noise open the disc tray and quickly swap the discs during this screen. I haven't tried this method because I don't have any 2.0 games.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Yeah, totally. Its so easy. Youre gonna love it when somebody tells you about it.[/QUOTE]

Or when he scrolls down the fucking forum page and sees the other topics dealing with the issue. fucker :lol:

i wish people would stop treating me like some stinkin noob...just because my posts are low doesn't mean I'm not a regular...it just means I don't usually bother posting stupid stuff(**ignore this one time post/rant**) You won't see me posting stupid crap like In b4 the loxors!!! and Noob! ...

i searched late last night right before bed and didn't see an answer so I posted it quick...I'll search thoroughly now :)

but a simple link would have sufficed....

Ok man...here's the deal...people like treating newbies like ass...I don't know why...it must give them their 12 year old kicks...however, I do agree with them that this topic is continuously repeated on the forums, and a little reading would go a long way. Anyways, there is a program out there that fools your psp into thinking its a newer version. I don't know if I can discuss it any further on these forums but I'll be more than happy to show you a thread about this on another forum.

http://www.pspforums.com/forums/1-vt7603.html?postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

[quote name='scp89']i wish people would stop treating me like some stinkin noob...just because my posts are low doesn't mean I'm not a regular...it just means I don't usually bother posting stupid stuff(**ignore this one time post/rant**) You won't see me posting stupid crap like In b4 the loxors!!! and Noob! ...

i searched late last night right before bed and didn't see an answer so I posted it quick...I'll search thoroughly now :)

but a simple link would have sufficed....[/QUOTE]

The 'it's been posted before' is another common way that noobs and others are trashed, the problem is that I think the search function is very poor in quality.

There have been many times that the following has happened.

1) I do several searches of keywords,
2) finding nothing on topic I will make a post,
3) someone will then blast 'Repost!"
4) I reply "sorry, but could you please share how you found the repost because I searched but couldn't find it"
5) No reply

The program is called WAB version changer, go to PSP-hacks.com to both grab it and find out how it works.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']I heard you can put in a 1.5 game and start it up then when the little white psp logo comes up and you hear the ding noise open the disc tray and quickly swap the discs during this screen. I haven't tried this method because I don't have any 2.0 games.[/QUOTE]

This is also true, but it's knida tricky and may brick your PSP, not recomended.

[quote name='scp89']i wish people would stop treating me like some stinkin noob...just because my posts are low doesn't mean I'm not a regular...it just means I don't usually bother posting stupid stuff(**ignore this one time post/rant**) You won't see me posting stupid crap like In b4 the loxors!!! and Noob! ...

but a simple link would have sufficed....[/QUOTE]

At any rate, it was about 10 toics down from yours ;-) I meant no harm. Just playin wit ya.

I know you didn't mean harm, but i'm sick of people thinking i'm some noob etc...just b/c my posts are low...i mean check my join date...i mean seriously I've been around here longer than most ... that is what frustrates me...

bread's done
Back