New game to get?

Invader Bugs

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone, I'm looking to get some new game, no idea what though. I'm looking for something with a good story. Some of my current favorites are the Uncharted series and Heavy Rain, so maybe something like those. Also, not really looking for an RPG or God of War. Thanks.

As far as exclusives go, here are my recommendations:

Demon's Souls - It is technically a RPG, but it plays like a survival horror/dungeon crawler hybrid.
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Very heavy on the story, but if you pay attention, its pretty good, especially if you've played the previous games.
Resistance: Fall of Man or Killzone 2 - both good FPS. Only play Resistance 2 if you enjoyed the first one.
Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction & A Crack in Time. Tools of Destruction is a little better, imo, but they're both great games.

Also, I recommend Bioshock. Its not an exclusive, but its one of the best games in a long time. If you haven't played it, you definitely should.

Well, not so much a great story (competent story) but an excellent game was Batman: Arkham Asylum. With the anemic GOTY edition (a few extra challenge maps and non-fancy 3D) coming out soon you can probably pick-up the standard version pretty cheap. The PS3 version exclusively has challenge maps where you can play as the joker, which was surprisingly fun.

Infamous has a good storyline, but the gameplay can get a little repetitive by the halfway mark of the game. Basically it's a third-person shooter, open world game with electrical super powers forming your arsenal.

Can't really say there's anything close to Heavy Rain out there. Same for Uncharted too I guess. Of all the games suggested so far I'd go with Infamous. I haven't played the whole game yet but I've most heard good things about it. The demo was really fun so give that a try to see if it's your thing.

As for story, I think the one that got me hooked the most this generation would have to be Bioshock. I was afraid to play it at first (the splicers freaked me out in the demo, lol), but once you start playing it you're going to want to continue. It's an amazing experience. They created a huge and interesting world and the story is pretty great too. I hear the second is just as good, if not better. Technically I guess it is an FPS but it certainly doesn't feel like your typical shooter.

dont really have a story line BUT a fun game to pick up on the go is Puzzler world for the ds .. finally found it and im hooked on it.. around 580 puzzles.. im around 5% done and put around 3 hours into it.. SO it will take 3o to 60 hours to clear all of them

30 to 60 hours for a 20 buck or less game is very nice

Definitely try Darksiders, it has great story with Zelda like gameplay. Valkyria Chronicles is also a damn good game, its not an RPG, its a more of a strategy game with 3rd person view when you move/shoot with your soldiers and a GREAT story to boot
YOU will cry towards the middle of the story,just a warning

[quote name='ssjmichael']um, this is the PS3 subforum lol[/QUOTE]

yea just noticed that :) maybe you can cram your ds into your ps3 o man think of the gaming monster there LOL

I dunno, I was kinda leaning towards inFamous, especially because of the price. I was also considering breaking my usual no RPG policy and giving FFXIII a go because of that kmart sale next week.

Definitely give inFAMOUS a try, I honestly had a blast playing it, and for the price point it's at now, you can't go wrong.

No one has mentioned it yet but dead space was a great game and is cheap now. I know it's not a ps3 exclusive but it was a lot of fun.

Deadspace was incredible. Assassin's Creed 2 was also really good.

I'd skip FF13. I have the same "no RPGs" rule, and I broke it because of the hype and the combat changes. The combat is fun, but the game is still full of long winded, whiny RPG characters and 60+ hours long. What makes it even worse is that the game has full voice acting (which was cool when it started), but now I think I wouldn't have realized the characters were so annoying if I was just reading the dialogue in my head.

bread's done
Back