New GameCrazy sales - Red Faction Guerilla $19.99, Metroid Prime Trilogy $24.99

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
For the next week or two, Red Faction Guerilla will be $19.99 new/$17.99 used on both PS3 and 360 at GameCrazy. Metroid Prime Trilogy is $24.99 new, $19.99 used.. Prototype (360) has went back up to $49.99.

Hopefully this isn't a repost.

[quote name='allthatufear']Son of a.....

I just friggin bought red faction from Game Crazy this past Sunday! I am going to see if they will take it back and maybe I can rebuy...[/QUOTE]

If you bought it new and sealed, the receipt will say that there's a 7-day refund policy. If it's already opened, I'll just buy a second copy and return the return that using the first receipt...

Nice prices on these awesome games! GameCrazy has some good deals but I dont have one around... The sad part is that Movie Gallery owns GameCrazy and Hollywood Video but they will not honor these prices at their affiliate stores. My GF manages my local MG and they used to let her have stuff shipped to her store from the nearest GC, but not anymore... its kind of annoying. Cant wait til their website opens!

Damn...I should have known all sales are final...oh well. I still got the game cheap....just not $19.99 cheap.

And its crazy about all the Game Crazy's closing...somehow both of our local ones are still open. I only really go there since they started the $19.99 deals. I cannot stand being asked if I want a million different things when I am just trying to purchase one game. I know the workers don't have a choice and have to....but damn. Game Stop is annoying with the edge card and whatever else, but not as bad as Game Crazy.

[quote name='eau']There is no printed ad or anything that you can bring in to prove the price.

You can buy another copy at GC and return it to BB with the old receipt though :)[/QUOTE]

I did that and I picked up red faction and fight night and I got the new Star Wars

That is a stellar price for RF:G, and I'd definitely recommend it. The destruction stuff is fantastic. At $25, I'm thinking about MP: Trilogy... but I'm really not enthusiastic about the Wii's control scheme for FPSes...

seppo

Game Crazy, I hope you're paying attention...

Don't forget to give us CAG16! :D I'd never order from GS again.

[quote name='Scorch']FNR4 is indeed still $20.

For those that don't have a GC store nearby.. your worries should be squashed within the next 3 months, because you too may be able to take advantage of these deals without even changing out of your pj's..

...oops, did i say too much? ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks again for this "hint" Scorch! Quite nice of you to offer to pick up a few purchases for CAGs too, since most of us lost our GCs and can't get in on these deals.

Thanks again for the tip scorch. I got in on the protoype deal from GC a few weeks back. I'll definitely pick RF this weekend.

Thanks once again for the heads up Scorch. I've picked up pretty much almost every game you've posted. Picked up Red Faction and a few Metroid Trilogies today. :applause:

I'm glad there are still like 5 Game Crazys within four miles of my house.

I'll be going to get RF now. Thanks, Scorch!

This stupid store closes at 8:00 PM so I was 19 minutes too late.

No wonder they're going out of business.

[quote name='Dissolve']This stupid store closes at 8:00 PM so I was 19 minutes too late.

No wonder they're going out of business.[/QUOTE]

Yes, their hours are pretty damn wonky, which is funny, because as you suggested, it's hard for a company these days to make a profit when they aren't open nearly as long as their competitors....especially with the holiday season upon us.

Thanks for the heads up Scorch.

I did want MPT, but I did not feel like paying $50 for games I already own. With a trade of Metroid Prime 3 & two other games, the game only cost me a total of 83 cents.

Metroid Prime 3 trades in for $8 so if you do own the game, trade it in & pick up MPT for $16.99 ;)

A used copy is only $20, so I traded in MP3 and got it for $12 + tax.

The guy there mentioned that Smash Bros is only $25 now as well. If you've been holding out, that's a damn good price.

-Wes

Purchased MPT at Best Buy several weeks back during the buy 2, get one free.

I haven't opened the game yet - will BB allow me to exchange for another game (so I can just pick up the game at GC for $25)?

Thanks

Thanks OP for the heads-up. I purchased MPT, but I won't be going back to Game Crazy after what they pulled on me.

I didn't realize until I got home and looked again at the receipt that they charged me an extra $2 for Gameguard. I didn't realize it at the time because I traded in some other games to earn some credit.

It also aggravates me that they ask for my name, address, and even drivers license number when I make a purchase. Game Stop doesn't make it such a hassle. This might be part of the reason that the only GC that is relatively close to me shut down. I feel sorry for the folks that lost their jobs, but the company has been a pain to buy from, in my humble opinion.

Thanks for the heads up OP, I picked up MPT this afternoon, although the closest Game Crazy here is a 20 minute drive on the highway.

I might grab both Red Faction and Metroid Prime (though I don't have a Wii right now, might be getting one this Winter though :p)

[quote name='Gertle627']I was thinking the same thing. But then again, if it wasn't for Scorch, most of us wouldn't know about these deals. So the average non-CAG still thinks GC sucks.

But the news that they'll finally have an online store is good. I'll be happy just to see the prices of games even if I have to drive to the store.[/QUOTE]

no matter what, I would rather deal with gamecrazy than gaystop!

Thanks scorch, after I hopefully see u of m beat purdue tomorrow, I will head out and pick up metroid trilogy. good looking out!

I went to my local GC (Ralph Ave. Brooklyn) to catch this. They also had Ghostbusters new 19.99, Fight Night Round 4 new 19.99 and a few others. Only bad thing is that they put it on sale and didn't tell their staff.

-Spice

Man, I want to get MP:Trilogy, even though I haven't really touched my Wii (>_>) for a while now. I know there used to be a GC close by, but I can't use the damn store locator right now.

It's killing me to see all these $20 deals on games I want because I think I've wanted one or two every sale so far, but I just can't justify paying for anything when I'm sitting on 9000 goozex points (with my backlog I'm letting games drop to 500 before I activate them).

Thanks for keeping us informed Scorch!

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Heads up, but it looks like there are a couple additions to GC's new sales period:

Fight Night Round 4 (360/PS3) - $19.99
EA Sports Active Bundle (Wii) - $29.99
Bionic Commando (360/PS3) - $19.99

http://link.p0.com/u.d?d4Gv8h23NQyrDB89tx1vO=2961[/QUOTE]

Those are old sales that already have their own threads. Bionic Commando has been $19.99 for over a month.

Thought a lot of gamecrazy's went up in smoke a few months back

A good 35% of the company did, but not all of them.

I went to my local GC (Ralph Ave. Brooklyn) to catch this. They also had Ghostbusters new 19.99, Fight Night Round 4 new 19.99 and a few others. Only bad thing is that they put it on sale and didn't tell their staff.

The price changes print out in the morning. Whoever opened in the morning should've done their job and changed the prices.

Since no one reads other posts, apparently, here's a rundown of things currently on sale at GC. No, I don't know when these end.

Bionic Commando (PS3, 360) $19.99 new/$17.99 used
EA Active (Wii) $29.99 new/$24.99 used
Fight Night Round 4 (PS3, 360) $19.99 new/$17.99 used
Ghostbusters (PS3 only - 360 went back up) $19.99 new/$17.99 used
Godfather 2 (360 only) $14.99 new/$12.99 used
Prince of Persia (360, PS3) $19.99 new/$17.99 used
Red Faction $19.99 new/$17.99 used
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii) $24.99/$19.99 used
Super Smash Brothers Brawl (Wii) $24.99 new/$19.99 used

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Heads up, but it looks like there are a couple additions to GC's new sales period:

Fight Night Round 4 (360/PS3) - $19.99
EA Sports Active Bundle (Wii) - $29.99
Bionic Commando (360/PS3) - $19.99

http://link.p0.com/u.d?d4Gv8h23NQyrDB89tx1vO=2961[/QUOTE]

Those are old sales that already have their own threads. Bionic Commando has been $19.99 for over a month.

Thought a lot of gamecrazy's went up in smoke a few months back

The price changes print out in the morning. Whoever opened in the morning should've done their job and changed the prices.

Since no one reads other posts, apparently, here's a rundown of things currently on sale at GC. No, I don't know when these end.

There may be more but I don't remember them right now.

Don't kill the messenger Scorch...those were advertised in the newsletter I received in my inbox THIS WEEK! You know, I want to be optimistic about the way GC will handle online sales (assuming it becomes a reality) but all I can hope for is that online operations aren't orchestrated in the same way a majority of B&M stores are...otherwise we for the most part are f***ed.

Heard from someone that Prototype (360) was around $20.00 as well, but can't confirm...

[quote name='Scorch']Those are old sales that already have their own threads. Bionic Commando has been $19.99 for over a month.

There may be more but I don't remember them right now.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jkimrey']Heard from someone that Prototype (360) was around $20.00 as well, but can't confirm...[/QUOTE]

I mentioned that it went back up in the first post in this very thread.

Got it. Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks again for the all the info - was able to find a GameCrazy about 30 miles away, but well worth the deals - was able to get a lot of Christmas shopping done.

Really appreciate all the good info.

[quote name='Scorch']I mentioned that it went back up in the first post in this very thread.[/QUOTE]

Got a couple of the EA Active bundles ($30), as well as MTP (actually returned the one I had purchased at BB, so I saved $25 on just that).

I also picked up a Rabbid Wii charger. Wasn't on sale, but my son loves those games, and we needed a charger, so I couldn't pass that up... ;)

Looking forward to future sales - the people there were cool (much better than the high pressure GS employees).

[quote name='Scorch']Cool. What'd you pick up??[/QUOTE]

Not all gamecrazy's are having this sale. I just stopped by one, Metroid prime and ghostbuters (wii) were both full price.

:(

When you say full price, was it stickered or did you actually ask? Red Faction was still stickered at 59.99 for me but I called and confirmed before I went in.

-Spice

[quote name='SpiceHustle29']When you say full price, was it stickered or did you actually ask? Red Faction was still stickered at 59.99 for me but I called and confirmed before I went in.

-Spice[/QUOTE]

I asked, was standing right there when they scanned it. I'm in Upstate NY area.

[quote name='Chord']I asked, was standing right there when they scanned it. I'm in Upstate NY area.[/QUOTE]

In the future, just act like your buying it till the total comes. you can always lie and say you dont have enough cash. Some employees just bark like they know the price of everything.

Last week I went into a gamecrazy that had a used copy of tales of the abyss. I saw the employee sort threw all the T games and I SAW THE DISC THERE and he told me they didnt have the game! ya whatever, more like he wanted to keep it for himself.

[quote name='Chord']Not all gamecrazy's are having this sale. I just stopped by one, Metroid prime and ghostbuters (wii) were both full price.

:([/QUOTE]

Ghostbusters (Wii) was never on sale. Metroid Prime Trilogy is $24.99 at all stores that aren't closing. It's very likely that the employee wanted to keep it for himself.

bread's done
Back