New Gamecube Game, Radio Allergy

Same here - the first time I heard about it was a Joystiq article a few weeks back, and I'm very excited that someone is still supporting the Gamecube.

There are a lot of foreign games that should be released in the USA. It shouldn't cost too much to make the change over and the Wii is hot so that would help GC game sales too.

[quote name='David85']There are a lot of foreign games that should be released in the USA. It shouldn't cost too much to make the change over and the Wii is hot so that would help GC game sales too.[/QUOTE]
But how likely is it that publishers are going to see that the Wii is hot and start sending us GC games? Clearly that would be awesome, but I feel like they'd instead just increase the texture resolutions, tack on some half-baked motion controls, and sell it for $50. Was there a similar phenomenon with the PS2? I suppose we might have hope of more GC games coming out if PS1 released increased when the PS2 came out.

GameCube software sales tripled in November and December thanks to the Wii. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess GameCube version outsold the Wii version as well.

Releasing games for the GameCube is smart because it already has a huge audience base that is continually growing thanks to the Wii.

O3 Entertainment is making a smart business choice and other small publishers should take notice.

It’s not a strategy that larger publishers may necessarily be interested in, but for small, more specialized companies like O3, it just might make sense. The earlier Chaos Field had respectable sales of 15-20,000 units, according to Pepe—not bad for an import-focused publisher with only seven employees.

Wow, I had no idea the numbers for Chaos Field would even be that small. I've seen it at Fry's and EB/GS. I picked one up new at EB/GS for less than $10, but have yet to play it. Glad I did, though, after seeing this article. Whether I like it or not (or ever even play it) it is nice to support O3.

I'll definitely keep an eye out for this new one. I missed out on Ikaruga...

Puffa, I was just looking at the "Coming Soon" list for the GC on EB's web site. Maybe these aren't in the store computers, but they seem to be available for preorder online. They have the following listed:

Stage Debut
DK Bongo Blast
Backyard Baseball 2007
Super Paper Mario
Backyard Basketball 2007

Haven't DK Bongo Blast and Super Paper Mario been shelved by Nintendo (for probable retooling and Wii release)?

Stage Debut is a strange one. I've never heard of this before, but it sounds like a concept from very early in the GC's lifespan that would have been cancelled long ago. Beyond it costing $39.99 and coming out 3/30/07, this is all EB has to say about it: "This application will let you transfer your face into GameCube software with the GameEye, a camera peripheral for the Game Boy Advance.". WTF? The GameEye? Did that come out a long time ago? Seems hard to believe there would be any new peripheral for the GBA at this point, let alone this GC software to support it.

[quote name='io']
Stage Debut is a strange one. [/QUOTE]

Originally an N64 game, planned back when the GB camera was shown. Nintendo wanted to have convergence to allow users to do things like pasting themselves into games. A good example was multiplayer Perfect Dark - Ninty had actually demoed this at a game show (I want to say E3), allowing people to map their faces onto skeletons, and thus allow you to deathmatch your friend.

Then Columbine happened.

So Nintendo shelved it almost completely.

Now with the advent of the Mii channel, there's a chance it could be resurrected, but there's no way Nintendo would do another camera peripheral trip.

Anyway, Stage Debut - along with a few others in the same family - were going to come out for the N64 and its fabled disk drive add-on, and then let people do these sorts of things. They were going to extend it to the GC when it became clear that the disk drive was DOA, so the concept has stuck around for quite some time. My guess is that someone big at Nintendo - probably Miyamoto, actually - really wants the project to see the light of day.

Point is that I wouldn't expect this to arrive at any time. It's vaporware and has been for years, and might surface inside another project as an internal tech demo integrated into another game.

I've probably got some of my facts wrong but that's the gist of it.

^^^ Wierd, though, that it would show up on EB's site (and you can add it to your cart for preorder) now. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there last time I looked (a few months ago, checking on Super Paper Mario).

[quote name='io']^^^ Wierd, though, that it would show up on EB's site (and you can add it to your cart for preorder) now. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there last time I looked (a few months ago, checking on Super Paper Mario).[/quote]

Strange...

My guess is that those Backyard sports games are the only ones from that list that will ever make it to retail. On the GC anyway.

[quote name='Puffa469']I tried to preorder this the other day but its not in GS/EB's computer. No GC game are, in fact.[/QUOTE]
This probably goes without saying, but if anybody comes up with a place to buy this from (B&M or online) when if comes out, try to post it in this thread.

Does anyone know if this game is two player?

(Sorry for unearthing this old thread. I became interested in this after seeing it on IGN's GC release dates and watching a YouTube video of it.)

I also wonder if BB is gonna carry this, $14.99 (w/ GGC) for a new release new GC game!

[quote name='DigitalSpace']Bad news: Joystiq reports that the game's ship date has been delayed to March 20th.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update on this. Hopefully this doesn't follow what has been happening to "The Red Star," where the game just keeps getting delayed longer and longer and longer.

[quote name='hinkbert']http://kotaku.com/gaming/radio-allergy/gamecube-lingers-on-new-shooter-announced-228254.php

I'm excited about this since I almost imported it from Play-Asia a while back. And the best part is it's budget priced at $19.99.[/quote]

I thought that your signature was some weird promotional picture for the game at first! :lol:

The game looks interesting. I wish that developers/publishers would make/release games more universally as opposed to certain regions. Heck, I would even play that train simulator that CheapyD was talking about in past CAGcasts (I forget what episodes).

There's a Pacific Northwest chain store called Fred Meyer that sells video games amongst all it's various stuff (from groceries to furniture). They opened a web site, apparently, where they sell some games. I was just browsing there and much to my surprise I saw this game listed for $19.99. It is "backordered" of course, but this may be where I end up getting it.

http://www.thestore24.com/Games/Game.aspx?h_id=H++++51398&PersonType=Platform&prodid=OTEN900504CUBE

Free shipping if over $25.

Anyway, there's some (very small) screen shots even on this page.
Very strange. I wonder if they will have it in store too?

So it looks like this game was released yesterday. Did anyone buy it? I can't find any reviews...

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Jesus. This game will never come out.[/quote]

Yeah, and Im never gonna get my Disgaea book either (ordered with RA on Amazon). :cry:

Some games take their fricken time. Chaos Field and Samurai Showdown 5 were pushed back a couple weeks at a time but eventually did come out.

Gamestop will likely not carry this game, lately they have been carrying every game but the games I want, there are lots of games that do not make it to the shelves of retail that are good. The only place I know of to get this game is on amazon, where I have 2 copies preordered.

[quote name='niceguyshawne']Moved to May 2007 according to the website in your post.[/quote]

Grrrr :bomb: I just got the email this afternoon that it was being delayed. :wall:

At least they did verify that the game would support progressive scan (480p!) so I guess that's something.

I'm gonna go die a few times in Ikaruga & Chaos Field while I wait...... :twoguns:

[quote name='niceguyshawne']I just picked up Chaos Field to tide me over until RA ships. How is it compared to Ikaruga?[/quote]

Its weaksauce compated to Ikaruga. Its only boss battles, no swarms of smaller enemies at all. But each boss had multiple stages or forms. Its no Ikaruga thats for sure.

[quote name='Puffa469']Its weaksauce compated to Ikaruga. Its only boss battles, no swarms of smaller enemies at all. But each boss had multiple stages or forms. Its no Ikaruga thats for sure.[/quote]

I was just about to ask the difference between Chaos Field and Radio Allergy besides the cell shaded colors.

I keep getting order updates from amazon telling me to confirm my order and that it will be delayed. I have 2 copies of this ordered, one for me and one for a friend in the UK (perhaps I should order a few more for ebay..)

According to amazon it ships around June 12th..

At least amazon doesn't charge your credit card before an item ships!

[quote name='SaraAB']I keep getting order updates from amazon telling me to confirm my order and that it will be delayed. I have 2 copies of this ordered, one for me and one for a friend in the UK (perhaps I should order a few more for ebay..)

According to amazon it ships around June 12th..

At least amazon doesn't charge your credit card before an item ships![/quote]

I reconfirmed my order with Amazon last week. I also got the June ship date from them.

I want it too and my friend wants it more than I do so I have no choice but to wait it out and see if it actually does come out. I have another friend in Canada who wants it badly too but I figured a preorder for 2 of them is enough and might not get filled if I add another copy to my order.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Good God, cancel the fucking game already.[/quote]

You hush! lol

If this game ever does come out, I think it might become highly sought after.

Thats why I suggest just being patient and ordering a few extra copies for ebay purposes! Its not like you don't have other games to play while waiting for this one to come out!

bread's done
Back